Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Who is the winner?
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 114 43.51%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 148 56.49%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
I hate it when people bring stuff like that up. The moment videos started becoming more than just sharing a kill or two or luck, videos became competitive. People want to make better videos to gain fame, views, an audience...

Few people enjoy generic rock + Average gameplay + no editing.
Agreed. But with the editing standards as high as they are, unless you got a big name guy behind it, you gain no audience sadly. That is of course unless you have insane GP. Even some of the best GP ever is overlooked because Frag didn't edit it. (Just using him as an example). Competition is good sometimes, but this one has been full of nothin but HATE since day one. It makes no sense really.
Helvirahel
Level 12
Subtract from Helvirahel's ReputationAdd to Helvirahel's Reputation Helvirahel is a novice
09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCeSHoT View Post
Competition is good sometimes, but this one has been full of nothin but HATE since day one. It makes no sense really.
Yeah, everyone has found reasons to hate every video from this competition. The sad part is as full of hate as this competition was on the forums, you should read the YouTube comments associated with most of these videos. Makes these forums look like sunshine and happiness.
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCeSHoT View Post
Agreed. But with the editing standards as high as they are, unless you got a big name guy behind it, you gain no audience sadly. That is of course unless you have insane GP. Even some of the best GP ever is overlooked because Frag didn't edit it. (Just using him as an example). Competition is good sometimes, but this one has been full of nothin but HATE since day one. It makes no sense really.
You can't blame the editing standards for something that was brought about by Halo 3 itself. The game allows basically anyone to make a video. That's what REALLY raised the standards. Before it was a select few who could make videos, and the competition was as simple as a couple titles, some enjoyable music, and crossfaded clips. The problem is that montage kids don't really exist anymore because H3's gp was very limited and boring. H2 had nade launching, barrel launching, quick scopes, 1v1 tages etc...everything about that game was fun to watch. H3 itself is very bland, when Reach comes out I think we'll see a bigger influx of users, and much more gameplay oriented videos because Reach is a pretty exciting game to watch IMO. It's also not even about having a big name anymore. Frag and TM do a good job hosting videos and getting people's names out there on this site.
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
Why is this guy always insisting people are butthurt over their videos?

I think you win biggest manb..ch subcategory, for calling out people who've done sh.t for this community when you can't even apply for an entry level job yet.
Haha, it's true though.
S a L a Y a

Godson
Level 11
Subtract from Godson's ReputationAdd to Godson's Reputation Godson is a novice
09-08-2010

Good job to both editors, and Godspeed.
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
09-08-2010

Fanboyism.

Hello_Im_Mayhem
Level 25
Subtract from Hello_Im_Mayhem's ReputationAdd to Hello_Im_Mayhem's Reputation Hello_Im_Mayhem is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to Hello_Im_Mayhem
09-08-2010

dear god Godson do you know what a fkn sig is
StoRmo
Level 26
Subtract from StoRmo's ReputationAdd to StoRmo's Reputation StoRmo is a novice
Send a message via AIM to StoRmo Send a message via Yahoo to StoRmo Send a message via Skype™ to StoRmo
09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Im_Mayhem View Post
dear god Godson do you know what a fkn sig is
/sigh
People disappoint me.
Barak Drobama
Level 49
Subtract from Barak Drobama's ReputationAdd to Barak Drobama's Reputation Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000
09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
umad? No one's complaining, some people just wanted Contractus to win.

M2 < Contractus

You've been super butthurt ever since your final came out, not sure why.
Why would I be mad? The montage I voted for, and also deserves this more, is winning lol. If anything you're mad, kid.

I have no idea what you're talking about tho dude, I've always been this way.

CaptainCrunch
Level 13
Subtract from CaptainCrunch's ReputationAdd to CaptainCrunch's Reputation CaptainCrunch is a novice
09-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
I need to pay off all the people who helped me staging clips for M2.
Why stage clips when you have social to do it for you?

lulululu
~CaptainCrunch41