Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Who's Got The Best Intro?
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 11 4.51%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 8 3.28%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 61 25.00%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 76 31.15%
Neighbor & Hysteria Dualtage - Edited by Phurion 35 14.34%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 31 12.70%
"Shocktology 2" - Edited by TM22 22 9.02%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
I was talking specificially about the intro, and yes, IMO it's very generic, aside from the awesome 'broken maps' sequence. The scene on narrows with a moody skyline and snow/blizzard has been done an amazing amount of times before, and the most generic thing that stuck in my mind was the 'starring' sequence with 3D text for their names, followed by a HUD-less snipe from each of them, coupled with a 3rd person view of their spartan, and overlayed with videos of them playing IRL. All of which has been done to death in so many team tages.

EDIT:

Also, zooming through the clouds and into Narrows is almost identical to the Str8 Rippin intro, apart from it zooms in from above rather than the side.
I've never seen a Halo 3 video with an intro that was stylized anywhere near like Frenetic Array's intro. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is one.
TheMarioKarters
Level 29
Subtract from TheMarioKarters's ReputationAdd to TheMarioKarters's Reputation TheMarioKarters is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheMarioKarters
07-26-2010

Is the intro music for Frenetic Array from Inception...?

I do graphic design. Requests? AIM: TheMarioKarters
Gamertag: TMK iZ SoCiAl
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NepR View Post
However people view it, the intro was an amazing piece of work.
As a whole, definitely not. For the first part with the levels, sure. There was nothing inspiring or original after the intro to the intro.

Quote:
The body of the film was even more impressive. Maybe not the most creative thing editing wise, but the whole feeling the film brought is almost unrivaled in this competition.
I'll drunkenly figure that out for myself some other time.

Quote:
So from my view it didn't make anything irrelevant, it infact put the two on different levels.
That's my point, tho. There's no flow to an intro that grabs you in, but then throws you into much of everything that's been done before.

Also, I'm still wondering if we can get judges' reviews in threads for now on. Have TM or Frag make a 1st reply and post them there (or however many fit, or whoever will actually end up doing it).
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
Also, I'm still wondering if we can get judges' reviews in threads for now on. Have TM or Frag make a 1st reply and post them there (or however many fit, or whoever will actually end up doing it).
I don't think that'll happen, it will just urge the public to vote differently than then actually feel.

Anyways, I don't agree with your review on Frenetic Array. Because of its originality, Frenetic Array was the first inspiring video (to me personally) since Zola's Legacy trailer. No one has every stylized footage like that before because in Halo, it takes too much time. To be honest, I had no intentions of making another big video, but after watching that I almost feel the need to create something in Reach.
Nasty
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Nasty's ReputationAdd to Nasty's Reputation Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield
07-26-2010

Wow that was a sick intro. Can see how it won, others probably didn't have a shot.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsah View Post
black box only got 8 votes?
wtf..
I was torn between Black box and Shocktology. But I voted for shocktology. I loved it.

Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
I was torn between Black box and Shocktology. But I voted for shocktology. I loved it.
It had the most original intro, and I did like it alot, but it was 3rd imo.
crucifix
wsup den
Subtract from crucifix's ReputationAdd to crucifix's Reputation crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by || TM22 || View Post
Congratulations to 'Frenetic Array' for winning best intro in the Halo3Forum Halo 3 Movie Competition 2.
Quote:
Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 18 Hours Ago at 01:16 AM..
.......lol
reow
Spoiler!
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-26-2010

TM22 made a small typo in the name. Frag tends to go around making sure things read well.

briansoupy
Level 31
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
07-26-2010

I'm late to the party but FRAY was juvenile and in poor taste to it's very core. Had good execution but the ideas were childish and dull to being with.
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god