Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Desa
o w
Subtract from Desa's ReputationAdd to Desa's Reputation Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000 Desa IS OVER 9000
06-17-2012

mhm^

Spoiler!

anyways, any news on the next season? date?
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to FierceElite
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraynium View Post
In any case this show is fucking great, and if you are too busy picking on differences to enjoy it, too bad. Absolutely every other person I've spoken to who read the books first has been thrilled with the show, and especially the parts where the show has the balls to even add stuff.
You say it's great without realizing how much better it could be.

Lol, I guess you could call it having balls to change a superior story for your inferior, alternate version of it.
"Adversity has a way of introducing a man to himself."
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-17-2012

Take off the rosy glasses. Crows gets tedious as fuck, and the show is clearly setting up to help avoid some of that tedium.
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Take off the rosy glasses. Crows gets tedious as fuck, and the show is clearly setting up to help avoid some of that tedium.
Spoiler!
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
06-17-2012

Okay.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceElite View Post
You say it's great without realizing how much better it could be.

Lol, I guess you could call it having balls to change a superior story for your inferior, alternate version of it.
You are an intensely dislikable person. Like, if you watched the show and hadn't read the books, and you saw someone else saying the shit that you've been saying, you would think that person was an asshole. It isn't even about whether or not the books are better, it's the way that you're presenting your opinion.

tl;dr People don't just hate you because you're a bad moderator, people hate you because you're a bad person.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
06-17-2012

The important thing to remember is that he's better than you by virtue of his having read something someone else wrote.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
The important thing to remember is that he's better than you.
Yeah, that about sums up all of your posts in this thread, Fierce. That's the unspoken message.
FierceElite
Meh
06-17-2012

Glad I could draw you gentlemen out of hiding. Nice to know it's my posts that inspire you to come out of lurking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
You are an intensely dislikable person. Like, if you watched the show and hadn't read the books, and you saw someone else saying the shit that you've been saying, you would think that person was an asshole. It isn't even about whether or not the books are better, it's the way that you're presenting your opinion.
Except I have read the books, and I know how much better the show could be. I don't pretend to know what goes into the production of TV shows, but I do realize when an adaptation isn't deviating from the source material out of necessity, but rather out of artistic license (that detracts from the series, even if the masses don't realize it). I'm not driving anyone to think differently of the show if they enjoy it, I'm just explaining why I don't enjoy it as I'd like to.

Anyway, if you want to talk about the show or the books, I'm happy to. If you just found an opportunity to give me shit because you're bored, take it elsewhere.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
06-17-2012

Quote:
Glad I could draw you gentlemen out of hiding. Nice to know it's my posts that inspire you to come out of lurking.
Uh, two of my four posts in that screenshot are directed at other people. Touché?

Quote:
Except I have read the books, and I know how much better the show could be.
How deftly you defeated my hypothetical argument by pointing out that it is, indeed, hypothetical. You're on a roll.

Quote:
I don't pretend to know what goes into the production of TV shows, but I do realize when an adaptation isn't deviating from the source material out of necessity, but rather out of artistic license (that detracts from the series, even if the masses don't realize it). I'm not driving anyone to think differently of the show if they enjoy it, I'm just explaining why I don't enjoy it as I'd like to.
*WHOOSH*

Quote:
Anyway, if you want to talk about the show or the books, I'm happy to. If you just found an opportunity to give me shit because you're bored, take it elsewhere.
You're happy to trash the show and act better than people who haven't read the books. How about you take that elsewhere? Pretty sure nobody wants to see that.

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 06-17-2012 at 11:46 AM.