Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
09-11-2009

Haaaaaaaa. . .

ScDelay reminded me of something I posted a while ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=aMZ5ApouR7w

I love this shit, especially since 40% of my friends are Indian. . . you know. . . from Africa. . I mean. . the middle east . . I mean.....

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
I bloodypingu I
Lurker At The Threshold
Subtract from I bloodypingu I's ReputationAdd to I bloodypingu I's Reputation I bloodypingu I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I bloodypingu I
09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
All I was attempting to reveal from saying that 'it makes sense' was the following:

While having places without religious privileges would be ideal, I don't think it will ever happen. Nonetheless, doesn't mean we shouldn't advocate for it, and raise awareness. I am sure that our 'Founding Fathers' being Christians doesn't help this issue.
/facepalm.

"Music to me, might not be music to most"
-Buckethead

davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
09-11-2009

Quote:
I am sure that our 'Founding Fathers' being Christians doesn't help this issue.

Spoiler!
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
09-11-2009

Busy, busy, busy
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
09-11-2009

Facepalms? Really?

'The government of the United States of America is founded on the Christian religion'

-John Adams (1735-1826)
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
09-11-2009

Quote:
Facepalms? Really?

'The government of the United States of America is founded on the Christian religion'

-John Adams (1735-1826)
I'll see your uncited, likely made-up quote and raise you a document ratified unanimously by the Senate and signed by the President at the time (none other than John Adams).
http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage...002.db&Page=18
http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage...2.db&recNum=24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treaty of Tripoli
the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Now be it known, That I John Adams, President of the United States of America, having seen and considered the said Treaty do, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, accept, ratify, and confirm the same, and every clause and article thereof. And to the End that the said Treaty may be observed, and performed with good Faith on the part of the United States, I have ordered the premises to be made public; And I do hereby enjoin and require all persons bearing office civil or military within the United States, and all other citizens or inhabitants thereof, faithfully to observe and fulfill the said Treaty and every clause and article thereof.
Go fall on a knife, you f.cking idiot.
Spoiler!

Last edited by davobrosia; 09-11-2009 at 10:06 AM.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
09-11-2009

Go chop down an AIDS tree and have it crush you Looney Toons style.
Busy, busy, busy
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
09-11-2009

the founding fathers were deists right?

i've heard conservative pundits refer to the founding fathers as christians many times, so i am not surprised people believe it
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
NG
poo-tee-weet?
09-11-2009

The religious affiliation of the Founding Fathers is irrelevant; thousands upon thousands of Christians and Christian demoninations came to America and began converting others (specifically Native Americans). Massive cultural changes have happened since the late 1700's ya know. It's an issue of majority vs. minority, not the beliefs of a group of men who couldn't agree with one another 300 years ago.
Busy, busy, busy
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mike View Post
the founding fathers were deists right?
Perhaps, but they realized the dangers of establishing a government based on a religion. Remember reading something about that in the Federalist papers (probably 10 since it's the only one I seem to ever remember).

Quote:
i've heard conservative pundits refer to the founding fathers as christians many times, so i am not surprised people believe it
Wait? So, are you trying to say that Obama might not be a Muslim Marxist? I find that so hard to believe.