Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 141 59.24%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 96 40.34%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 97 40.76%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 84 35.29%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 82 34.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
ownaaja
Custom user title
Subtract from ownaaja's ReputationAdd to ownaaja's Reputation ownaaja is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ownaaja Send a message via MSN to ownaaja Send a message via Skype™ to ownaaja
08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottiz View Post
I think LBYL3 should be in here.
This.

But on the other hand which of these videos shouldn't be here?
Pretty hard to say...

Visit my website

| CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced | Phenom II x4 965 3,4 GHz | NH-U12P SE2 | M4A785TD-V EVO |500GB WD Caviar Green + 3x 500GB WD Caviar Blue 7200 rpm RAID 0 |
| Corsair 650HX 650W | 6GB 1066 Kingston | HIS Radeon HD 5870 1Gb | Asus VH242H 1080p | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Razer Lycosa + Habu |

iSkRiLLZ
Level 14
Subtract from iSkRiLLZ's ReputationAdd to iSkRiLLZ's Reputation iSkRiLLZ is a novice
08-28-2010

I want to see Contractus win it. But anyway, I voted...

Contractus, M2, Black Box
II KoNnViCt II
Level 28
Subtract from II KoNnViCt II's ReputationAdd to II KoNnViCt II's Reputation II KoNnViCt II is a novice
Send a message via AIM to II KoNnViCt II
08-28-2010

UGH Contractus should NOT BE HERE. Voted for M2, BB, and Roadblock
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-28-2010

^^^
i disagree, but i do think Refuse2Lose should of been in the top 10 :P.
SpaZZ
Level 26
Subtract from SpaZZ's ReputationAdd to SpaZZ's Reputation SpaZZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpaZZ
08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
Subjectivity in entertainment doesn't exist when one video BLATANTLY ignores all aspects of video making, which according to you is "translucent editing."
Can you explain to me every aspect of film making. Then give me examples of each in every single video you've ever made. Entertainment is nothing but subjectivity no matter what. If you "ignore" some aspects that doesn't stop it from being a video. Your posts are extremely dumb and uneducated. Stop talking like you are THE man who can define whether a video is good or not. You have had your arrogant pants on ever since Status Quo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
My polo game isn't even fair.
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
Subjectivity in entertainment doesn't exist when one video BLATANTLY ignores all aspects of video making, which according to you is "translucent editing.
I can't believe what I'm seeing. You've gone off the deep end, bro.

Let me rate black box the same way you rated roadblock.

Creativity: 7 - Original soundtrack, and theme. Certain effects lacked originality however.
Content: 2 - It sucked, ass
Editing: 8 - Good clean finished product, well edited with a few flaws
Soundtrack: 5 - Wasn't a huge fan of the song, but thumbs up for trying something new.
Quality: 10 - just for kicks I give it a 10
That's an overall score of 32/50 which is a 6.2. (and thats assuming that those are the only components that make or break a vid, which you and I both know is untrue)

And yet you've told me, on multiple occasions, that black box is the best video in this movie competition. Surely you understand how biased you are looking at this from an editor's perspective. You say that editors deserve recognition for the amount of time they spend working on their videos. Likewise, I'd say that Roadblock deserves the same amount of recognition for the months he spent collecting that caliper of footage which, contrary to popular belief, isn't as easy as it sounds. People are entertained in different ways, its not you're place to tell them that your way is the right way. People having different opinions/perspectives is the reason we bothered to have a competition in the first place.

I understand that you're a great, well respected editor on this site but you cannot define what a good video is any better than the next guy. All this talk of it being a 'popularity contest' or of 'fanboyism' is absolute foolishness. People have different perspectives on what good movies are/aren't and vote accordingly. Here's a good example: M2 didn't get a good chunk of votes because people said the gameplay distracted from the editing and the OST was generic. You yourself said that you didn't think the gameplay was very good. I disagree completely and voted for M2, but not out or popularity or fanboyism. I think M2 was the best vid and understand others have different takes on it, and respect their opinions, why can't you? The same goes for roadblock, some people earnestly prefer videos with editing that doesn't 'distract' from the amazing gameplay, and in their minds Roadblock had the best vid.

This is just like when you were freaking out when people didn't like sq or clouds. Any sort of opinion that isn't perfectly in sync with yours almost seems to scare you.

And guys I know I've been back and forth on this one. Sorry :P. Please don't hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by II KoNnViCt II View Post
UGH Contractus should NOT BE HERE. Voted for M2, BB, and Roadblock
No offense frag, but Contractus was basically dualtality with good gameplay, interpolation, and grain. In my book that scores a perfect 10.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket

Last edited by Seraphic; 08-28-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Fatality Films
Level 32
Subtract from Fatality Films's ReputationAdd to Fatality Films's Reputation Fatality Films is on the rise to fame Fatality Films is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Fatality Films
08-28-2010

Phurion and Fluxy should be in this.
ImyourPhobia
Level 26
Subtract from ImyourPhobia's ReputationAdd to ImyourPhobia's Reputation ImyourPhobia is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ImyourPhobia
08-28-2010

I'm gonna sum up this thread in one fragment of a sentence.

pTw mad, Wanny mad, Mattisson mad.
Projects I've done that don't completely suck:
Sebsation
Atrophy 2
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
08-28-2010

I really started to not like ptw after the Status Quo sh.t, but now i really dislike him. Jesus.

And Mike, your last post, perfect.

Also, according to ptw we should replace RB with Godson's tage.

briansoupy
Level 31
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
08-28-2010

Feeling really vindicated since I hated FRAY from "the beginning". Remember the good old days of arguing with Hans about it's merits. I think my best-expressed thoughts on the subject were directed to Fragtality as thus:
Quote:
Gr Hans you never cease to amaze me. Not that I agree with Eamonn like ever but don't lump some Immediate Music/action move score in with Mozart and Bach.
FRAY was tasteless and dry, lowest common denominator entertainment at it's very worst. To call it artistic and put it in the same category as MNC and Hush is to call The Expendables/Transformers artistic and put them in with Waking Life, Requiem for a Dream, or Babel (just some examples). Not to take anything away from Mattison's graphics talents but his ideas and inspiration are (thus far) not on par with his technical abilities. That's my opinion based on both Frenetic and on Fragtale.
As for the other 4 entries, I enjoyed them all. If I had to put them in order I would say:
1/2. Black Box/M2
3/4. Contractus/Roadblock

Can't decide...
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god