Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos

Display Modes Thread Tools
Mint Blitz
Level 13
Subtract from Mint Blitz's ReputationAdd to Mint Blitz's Reputation Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Mint Blitz Send a message via Skype™ to Mint Blitz
12-20-2014

My Best Of
iDiesel
Level 37
Subtract from iDiesel's ReputationAdd to iDiesel's Reputation iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to iDiesel
12-20-2014

Hey, why not? My gameplay, Phurion's editing. Hope you like

Mint Blitz
Level 13
Subtract from Mint Blitz's ReputationAdd to Mint Blitz's Reputation Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Mint Blitz Send a message via Skype™ to Mint Blitz
12-21-2014

DIESEL WHAT THE FUCK THAT LAST B2B ACROSS MAP SPAWN STICKS :O
that was seriously amazing, oh and in the first song I thought my phone kept vibrating but it was the beat haha, that tage was so good and phurions editing was sexy
Paniik
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Paniik's ReputationAdd to Paniik's Reputation Paniik is a novice
12-21-2014

One of my IRL friends, it's pretty old so you may have seen already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdFEZ5mZ3eo

Edit: not sure how to embed video, if mod or someone could help me out and let me know would be greatly appreciated.
LuckyDutch
Level 24
Subtract from LuckyDutch's ReputationAdd to LuckyDutch's Reputation LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000
12-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniik View Post
One of my IRL friends, it's pretty old so you may have seen already.

Edit: not sure how to embed video, if mod or someone could help me out and let me know would be greatly appreciated.
There you go

Omn1science
Level 15
Subtract from Omn1science's ReputationAdd to Omn1science's Reputation Omn1science is osageballin' Omn1science is osageballin' Omn1science is osageballin' Omn1science is osageballin' Omn1science is osageballin' Omn1science is osageballin' Omn1science is osageballin'
12-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
Novus editing entry
The gameplay in this was decent, I was actually too into the editing to pay that much attention to what was going on lol but it didn't take too much away from the gameplay it actually made it interesting to watch. The editing in this was so good oh man, the intro was especially good, I really liked the creativity in how it started, I had actually thought of starting a video like that awhile ago. The 3d was pretty cool too with the disassembled spartan in a shop, some of the editing was random though since there didn't seem to be a very distinct theme in this, I especially liked that sniper rifle charge up and the you win text afterwards. The soundtrack was good, one song, nice and clean beginning and end, I wasn't the biggest fan of the music though. Creativity for this was really good, you almost shot yourself in the foot with how creative this is because it makes having a coherent theme harder.
GP 7.5
Editing 8.5
Soundtrack 7
Creativity 9
Overall 8
Hey man thanks for reviewing this, and thanks to slater for including my vid in the list of videos he put up. Glad you enjoyed the editing, and I do agree with what you said about there not being a hugely consistent theme to the effects in the video. When I started I had a color scheme in mind but kinda found as I went along that the scheme didn't really work for certain maps and there were certain effects I wanted to do that required a different color scheme, and overall lost thematic cohesion due to that.

You probably don't remember this, but you actually looked at renders of this video for me way back in the day haha. Your editing has been an inspiration to me and if you're going to be getting back into the scene I'd love to hear your thoughts on stuff I'm currently working on.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
12-21-2014

PassTheWord, back on THF. Ha. Fucking incredible.
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-21-2014

Time editing entry by Krayte
As far as the gameplay goes it was very visible and the angles complemented the gp well since it was a rather slow paced video, I wish there were more variety in the clips, pretty sure everyone is using the same clips for these contest entries but if I can't see the gp the score is going to go down, that's not the case with this vid as you can clearly tell what's going on in the game for the most part, some angle choices are questionable though. Editing is pretty basic, but some of it is kind of random and disruptive, some of it is beautifully done like the guardian transition. The soundtrack is probably my favorite thing out of this, I think it gave the vid a pretty unique feel. I feel like Krayte tried to get creative here without tarnishing the gp too much, and that kinda goes against the creative factor, although to be fair he did have some creative bits with the typography and the intro, but it also felt kinda random.
GP 8
Editing 7
Soundtrack 8
Creativity 6.5
Overall 7.37

Par Pih Poh by MK
GP was showcased well, I could tell what was going on in the clips pretty well, but not much variety in clips just high multikills, I feel like the editing enhanced the footage. Editing was amazing, seriously some of those effects were so cool and they didn't really take away from the gp at all because the video had such a good pace to it. I really liked the arrow effect around the end where it points to the direction the player is moving, super creative. Soundtrack was pretty decent, there was some mixing in there and an actual attempt to make the songs flow into each other but there was a time where the audio transitioned and it was kinda abrupt. This video is super creative though, one of the most creative videos I've seen, those dna strand effects, the wireframe spartan at the end, the use of text, the colors, and there was definitely a theme to this as random as everything was it didn't feel wrong, the video flowed really well.
GP 8.5
Editing 9.5
Soundtrack 8
Creativity 9
Overall 8.75

Threshold
GP was pretty good, I was too busy with the editing to pay too much attention to it, that last clip for instance where he spins and gets the headshot was pretty sick. The editing in this was really good, there was a clear theme, and everything melded together very well, the editing was distracting at times but I feel like it's a double edged sword in this case, where you have to sacrifice the fluidity of the gp for such a consistent theme. The soundtrack was really good, short, but good, my only qualm with it is that it was a bit too loud, I have pretty good speakers and this vids sound played a lot louder than most vids, I dunno if that was intentional or not but it was a bit too loud. Creativity I'd say this was up there, the little thunderbolts were a nice addition as he shot, and like I said there was a cool theme with the music and everything working well together.
GP 7.5
Editing 9.25
Soundtrack 7.5
Creativity 8.75
Overall 8.25

Jerawokee & Blaze dualtage
The gp in this was really skillful, there were some nice outbrs, and had plays where if I had that done to me I would be pissed off, seriously real good gp. Editing was very basic, no real mistakes, but no real attempt to have a theme or cool effects. The soundtrack was interesting, it had some epic music which I enjoyed since none of the vids I've watched so far had something like so it stuck out, but there was no real mixing for the soundtrack just one song after another. There wasn't much creativity in this, just a very standard montage, although I did like how he included the vod and live footage, that was a nice touch.
GP 9.5
Editing 6
Soundtrack 6.5
Creativity 5.5
Overall 6.87

Electric Feel
The gp in this was nuts, I found myself cracking up at some of the clips which is rare, like when they were hiding behind the boxes and the dudes just ran by lmfao some of those plays were nuts too, getting catapulted in the air by a warthog and sniping a dude as he falls down was sick. The editing was basic, but there was effort put into the syncing and the flow was really good in this vid, I'd say the editing was perfect for the kind of vid it was. The soundtrack was good, but the name of the tage is electric feel, I was expecting another song by mgmt or a mix of electric feel I dunno, I love mgmt though, songs were just one right after the other no real mixing, but they flowed well. Creativity as far as editing goes there wasn't much, but the gp and style of the vid were definitely creative, I really enjoyed this video.
GP 9.5
Editing 9
Soundtrack 8
Creativity 8.5
Overall 8.75

Salaya, live your life
GP was entertaining, there was a variety of clips, fun, serious clips, funny clips it was all good. Editing was pretty basic, nothing exceptional, but for the kind of vid this was I think it fit well, there were a couple bad cuts though. Soundtrack was good I like this music, no real mixing, but the music wasn't bad. Creativity, editing wise there wasn't much creativity, but gameplay wise this featured a lot of interesting things, like the assassinations and how he outsmarted people, it was entertaining and there was effort put into it.
GP 9.5
Editing 8
Soundtrack 7.5
Creativity 8.5
Overall 8.37

Dutchy M4
GP was insane, I don't care what anyone says, even if the players are bad it takes a lot of clutchness to get such high multikills, that takes skill. Editing was ok, It had a distinct Dutchy tage feel to it, I still would've liked to see something more creative done like in his previous tages. Still, it wasn't bad by any sense. Soundtrack was alright, it was kind of random and I didn't like the first couple tracks. Creativity was there, but it was inconsistent, I can't say the gp was very creative either, it was just very high multikills for the most part.
GP 10
Editing 7.5
Soundtrack 7.5
Creativity 6.5
Overall 7.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1science View Post
Hey man thanks for reviewing this, and thanks to slater for including my vid in the list of videos he put up. Glad you enjoyed the editing, and I do agree with what you said about there not being a hugely consistent theme to the effects in the video. When I started I had a color scheme in mind but kinda found as I went along that the scheme didn't really work for certain maps and there were certain effects I wanted to do that required a different color scheme, and overall lost thematic cohesion due to that.

You probably don't remember this, but you actually looked at renders of this video for me way back in the day haha. Your editing has been an inspiration to me and if you're going to be getting back into the scene I'd love to hear your thoughts on stuff I'm currently working on.
No problem. I do plan on getting back into the scene, I want to do a halo 2 video eventually, prolly after I do my clans destiny montage though. I'd love to give you my input on stuff you're working on man, I appreciate all the kind words and that you'd be willing to let me see the stuff you're working on. I'll PM you with my Skype(that's what I'm using now) hit me up whenever.

Last edited by pTw; 12-21-2014 at 02:10 PM.
theseattlerain
Level 10
Subtract from theseattlerain's ReputationAdd to theseattlerain's Reputation theseattlerain taps Cortana theseattlerain taps Cortana theseattlerain taps Cortana theseattlerain taps Cortana theseattlerain taps Cortana
Send a message via Skype™ to theseattlerain
12-21-2014

Not sure if this could be reviewed or nah but if so keep in mind that it's mostly an editing showcase because these were just clips that temp and rougzy had lying around.
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-22-2014

illcomposed
I've seen this one actually haha, a lot. I'll review it though. GP was really good, and for being 2 minutes long it had a lot of different kinds of clips in it, spawn sticks, up in the air sticks, double shot kills on varied gametypes. GTS is one of my favorite editors so this is going to be biased, but the editing is damn near flawless in this, most of the effects are simple but they flow so well with the video that they have a much more powerful effect on the viewer, there are a few really cool effects too like the killtac medal swirling after a noscope to transition to the next clip, and the flag transition on warlock, all of which were timed to perfection. It has a definite beginning and lets you know when it's about to end as it transitions back to the beginning of the vid and ends it with a ridiculous stick, very well executed. The soundtrack in this is great, and the in game sounds work well with the music, since it's such a short vid it probably didn't require any mixing, but I wont lie, this song is just badass and extremely original. This video is super creative, it flows so well, and the editing really enhances the video and takes you for a ride. Time flies while watching this video, gts really packed a lot of effort into this 2 minute video. It was also made purely in sony vegas which makes some of those effects even more impressive. The only flaw I see in this video is that it's too short and makes you wish there was more, at 2 minutes in length it feels like it ends before it even begins.
GP 9
Editing 9.75
Soundtrack 9.25
Creativity 9.25
Overall 9.31

Manchestutd
Holy shit is this gameplay good, wow, ridiculous double shot kills. Making it look so easy getting killamanjaros with double shots, the clips also varied a lot which I enjoy, I love seeing halo 2 vids and this one was very entertaining. Editing was alright, nothing too crazy, good flow and decent syncing, I think the main focus of this vid was the gameplay though I can see why someone wouldn't want to put too much editing on these clips. The soundtrack I wasn't a big fan of, I liked that some of the songs featured female artists you don't see that very much, and it was r&b & hip hop style. There was also no real audio mixing it was just song after song. As far as creativity goes I wouldn't say this was very creative outside of the soundtrack, some of the transitions and syncing techniques were creative, but they were randomly spaced it seemed.
GP 10.5
Editing 7
Soundtrack 7
Creativity 6.5
Overall 7.75

Sticky Icky
GP was great, a large variety of sticks in all kinds of situations, the off the bubble shield sticks were great. The editing was pretty basic, but the use of angles was really creative at some points, I couldn't tell if the sticks happened in the same game or they were in dif games and it was the editing of the angle that was a transition but those were great, you could tell there's a lot of creativity in whoever edited this. The credits were also really nice with the evolution graphics and the nice dynamic background. I wasn't a big fan of the soundtrack to be honest, and there was no mixing it was just one song after another. Also, I don't know if this was an issue on my end or an issue with the vid but the audio in this was very low. As far as creativity goes, this was extremely creative I felt, especially those angles I was talking about earlier.
GP 10
Editing 7
Soundtrack 6.5
Creativity 9
Overall 8.12

Invincible
I'm not going to review my own video, doesn't feel right. If anyone wants to give it a go I'll edit it into this post. I will say this though, there's a fucking tiger in that shit, guy who made it must be batshit crazy :P

I made a couple revisions to a couple reviews, after watching some of these vids I've come to appreciate some more than when I initially watched them.

Last edited by pTw; 12-22-2014 at 12:46 AM.