Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos

Display Modes Thread Tools
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-20-2014
Default Post a halo video for me to watch and review in this thread

Looking to catch up on awesome videos I might've missed since my hiatus. Post your favorite vids for me to watch, and I'll watch them, and rate/review them.

I'll rate videos on the following criteria then take the average for the overall score.
GP
Editing
Soundtrack
Creativity

If your video isn't a montage I'll give it a rating out of 10 as for how entertaining it was.

That about covers everything I think.

Last edited by pTw; 12-22-2014 at 01:07 AM.
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
12-20-2014

how long have you been gone about PassTheWord?
so we know what range to post vids in

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-20-2014

My last real video was almost 5 years ago, so I haven't seen a lot of tages in the last 5 years, but I'll watch anything to be honest. It's been awhile since I've seen some classics.
x DyE x Fr3sH
Level 24
Subtract from x DyE x Fr3sH's ReputationAdd to x DyE x Fr3sH's Reputation x DyE x Fr3sH dun goofed
Send a message via AIM to x DyE x Fr3sH
slater ohm
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
12-20-2014

5 years? jezus christ

ill keep posting shit when I think of something epic

THF

Halo 2 videos

Last edited by slater ohm; 12-20-2014 at 01:16 PM.
pTw
Level 28
12-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post

how long have you been gone about PassTheWord?
so we know what range to post vids in
Ok, so where do I start? The intro was nice and clean, but it wasn't the most creative, just nice clean titles and a very original song to start things off. The GP was top notch, there was some really good stuff in this, but I wish there was more variety in clips, like some cool single kills, it was a lot of multikills which isn't bad I just like to see a variety of different clips, keeps me more interested. The editing was really good throughout and there were some really unique and creative effects, one in particular that stuck out was the colorama glow effect around 3:28. This is edited really well, you could tell the editor put some serious thought into showcasing the gp because it's not riddled with a bunch of angles like I've seen in a lot of tages. The soundtrack was original, but at the same time kinda random, and it was just song after song so no real attempt to do any kind of editing to the soundtrack. Still, it kept me interested in the vid, especially that last song. Edit: so after watching this a couple more times I've come like it a whole lot more, so I've raised the score from 7.75 to 8.31

Scores:
GP 7.5
Editing 9.25
Soundtrack 8.5
Creativity 8
Overall 8.31

God damn that's a lot of vids, I'll give them all a watch and write up reviews today. Thanks!

Last edited by pTw; 12-22-2014 at 12:43 AM.
slater ohm
12-20-2014

I just thought I'd give you some options, so you can kinda pick and choose what ya feel like.

THF

Halo 2 videos
ayellowsnowball
Level 22
Subtract from ayellowsnowball's ReputationAdd to ayellowsnowball's Reputation ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin'
Send a message via AIM to ayellowsnowball
12-20-2014

My Halo 3 Sticktage, Clips are mine, Edited by Lando. I expect hate for the soundtrack lol. The only song I chose was Dream On. BTW, glad your back. I hope you decide to make more vids as you were one of my faves
Sub to me on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/user/ayellowsnowball/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
I've only seen that one Reach stick by AYS, and it was nice, but I hated pretty much all of his H3 stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
You are the new aged Dusst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
also fuck anybody that tells you what's good enough for your montage.

Last edited by ayellowsnowball; 12-20-2014 at 01:30 PM.
pTw
Level 28
12-20-2014

Fashionably Late
Gameplay was sick, but I will say this, it wasn't against the most skillful opponents so I gotta take off points for that, still some amazing footage and it was very varied, I also have a soft spot for halo 2 cuz it's my favorite halo. Editing was the bare essentials, I feel like this was an old school kinda vid, but I don't enjoy that kind of editing, I thought the intro was pretty creative though with the looney toons reference. Soundtrack was interesting, I didn't feel like there was much flow between the songs, but they were definitely original, this also wasn't a mixed track it was just one song after another which is easy to do. There wasn't much creativity in this as far as editing goes, but gp wise there was a lot of creative sticks, single kills, and multikills.
GP 9.5
Editing 5
Soundtrack 6
Creativity 6.5
Overall 6.75

Ryosuke
The gameplay in this was very good, I really enjoy halo 2 gameplay so I enjoyed every second of this vid, the clips varied, and they weren't obscured by too much editing. The editing was minimal, but this video had style, and there was some clear effort made to have good flow. The soundtrack was probably my favorite thing, it was mixed to a degree and the songs and sound worked well together, but the music was just awesome it put you in the zone. Creativity wise this was very creative, a bit zany, but creative, especially the soundtrack and gameplay. Edit: this video gets better the more I watch it I swear, I upped the score from 7.75 to 8.37, the editing makes this such an enjoyable video.
GP 9.5
Editing 8
Soundtrack 9
Creativity 7
Overall 8.37

From the netherworld
The gameplay in this was beyond amazing, I found myself going "holy shit" several times, jumps off a freaking icicle and quick scopes a dude, wow. The editing in this was minimal and dare I say bad, there were two clips where there was no movement for like a split second and it was distracting, that is basic stuff you cut out no excuses. The soundtrack was interesting, really didn't notice it too much was too busy with the gameplay, but there was no real mixing with it, was just music nothing fancy. Creativity I would say this video captured it gp wise, but lost it editing wise.
GP 10.5
Editing 4
Soundtrack 6
Creativity 6.5
Overall 6.75

Immortal part 3
The gameplay in this was very clutch, but it was missing high multikills, in either case some of those doubleshot kills were sick. Editing was pretty basic, nothing out of this world, but it showcased the gameplay well, the intro didn't make much sense to me. The soundtrack was just 3 pieces of music one after the other, so there wasn't much mixing, although the third song didn't really fit with how the first song made you feel. There wasn't anything too creative about this, it's what you would expect a montage to consist of for the most part.
GP 9
Editing 6
Soundtrack 6
Creativity 5
Overall 6.5

Novus editing entry
The gameplay in this was decent, I was actually too into the editing to pay that much attention to what was going on lol but it didn't take too much away from the gameplay it actually made it interesting to watch. The editing in this was so good oh man, the intro was especially good, I really liked the creativity in how it started, I had actually thought of starting a video like that awhile ago. The 3d was pretty cool too with the disassembled spartan in a shop, some of the editing was random though since there didn't seem to be a very distinct theme in this, I especially liked that sniper rifle charge up and the you win text afterwards. The soundtrack was good, one song, nice and clean beginning and end, I wasn't the biggest fan of the music though. Creativity for this was really good, you almost shot yourself in the foot with how creative this is because it makes having a coherent theme harder. Edit: Definitely think I underestimated the soundtrack in this, it actually works really well for the vid so I've upped the score from 8 to
GP 7.5
Editing 8.5
Soundtrack 8.5
Creativity 9
Overall 8.37

Local
Alright so the GP was actually pretty hard to see in this, but I just realized the last 2 entries were for an editing competition so I guess I can't knock it too much for this, still, part of editing is enhancing the footage. GP was alright from what I saw though, there wasn't too much variety from what I saw. The editing in this was very good, but at the same time made it hard to see some of the plays, this video also had style which I thought was cool. The soundtrack was alright, it was just one song so no need for mixing although it did end abruptly. The creativity in this was great, honestly, those angles and the swagger of the vid was fire man. Edit: I feel I was too harsh on this vid, after rewatching I've come to appreciate this vid a lot more, I upped it's score from 8 to 8.31
GP 7.5
Editing 9.25
Soundtrack 7.5
Creativity 9
Overall 8.31

Last edited by pTw; 12-22-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Trendkill
A Bitter Old Man
Subtract from Trendkill's ReputationAdd to Trendkill's Reputation Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000
12-20-2014