Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos

Display Modes Thread Tools
wingless
delirious
Subtract from wingless's ReputationAdd to wingless's Reputation wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to wingless
06-26-2013

If you make Crafty want to play, it must have been good.

Unrelated, I was eating yesterday and I watched the whole video. I haven't done that...in years. Not that it is saying much, this video deserves a better write-up, but last time I remember consciously doing that was for the Trinity leftovers, edited by KSP.
SirTopEmHat
Exalted Legendary Member
Subtract from SirTopEmHat's ReputationAdd to SirTopEmHat's Reputation SirTopEmHat is on the rise to fame SirTopEmHat is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to SirTopEmHat
06-26-2013

Crafty, I must thank you for that. In fact I must thank every one of you for every comment in this thread. I have some things to think about in terms of criticism, but more awesomely the feedback in general has been very positive which makes me happy as heck.

I don't know if anyone is going to be interested in what I have to say, but this is the official Dead Serious Montage 2 writeup:

It's been a really long time. I'm probably the biggest lurker of all time. I stopped posting on this forum about a year after Halo 3 came out. Those were dark times personally for me, and dark times for my relationship with Halo. You see, I am one of the few who truly disliked Halo 3. And that...sucked in so many different ways.

The Dead Serious Tage 2 was supposed to come out at the height of Halo 3's popularity. I even put out a trailer. I had the intro half-done. It was going to be what I was hoping a crazy HD follow up to the first DST.

But then something happened...I stopped playing. Urlacher and Wes2000 stopped playing. Because we didn't enjoy the game. Which will baffle most people I'm sure, but it's the honest truth. I had bought a Black Magic video card and a high end rig to specifically edit the DST2 for Halo 3, but I never made it. I was so disappointed by the lack of fun I was having that I switched over to Modern Warfare 2 for Christ's sake. ME of all people, being the biggest Halo fan, switched to COD. Dark. Times.

Reach came out in 2010. Loved it. Everyone else seemed to hate it. Typical. I didn't have my rig anymore so I was powerless to create any Reach videos. That's when I realized we were in trouble though. The Halo population plummeted when Reach came out. Everyone was really butt-hurt over the DMR and abilities, but I simply loved the game. I have great memories with Reach while most turned away from Halo altogether at that point.

Fast forward to today. Halo 4 came out in November 2012 and I've played it every damn day. Why? Because it's the latest Halo and I always will play the latest Halo. I just love the goddamn game to much, no matter what's going on. (Halo 3 being the exception, but you can damn near place all the blame on its maps, I hated every one of them.)

I started editing the montage you've all just watched in April. I made everything up as I went. (I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, just an explanation here.) It all came together quite quickly. I don't know what made me come back and make this video but there you go.

There is a loose story-arc obviously interwoven between the footage. It comes from a machinima idea I've had for years now and it's taken me this long to finally put on the pants and execute it. I hope you all can bare with me long enough to see what I'm trying to do.

I've really taken everything everyone has said on the internet into consideration for the next Volume. That being said, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I came here in 2005 with my first montage edited in Windows Movie Maker and some of you are still kicking around. It's awesome. I appreciate all of the writeups and comments so much, even moreso from this litter corner of the web.

I do need a favor from you guys though: share this video. I want that crazy lady Kiki Wolfkill from 343 Industries to see it. I want Frank O'Connor and Marty and Jason Jones to see this video. I wasn't kidding at all when I said in the start of the video that I made it for the creators and players of Halo. Spread it on!

Thanks for everything you guys!!

EDIT: So I haven't been here in a long time and apparently have no idea how this site works...this was one of my unread visitor messages:

Whoaaaaaa lolololol....

Last edited by SirTopEmHat; 06-26-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Tobes
don't wanna meet ya daddy
Subtract from Tobes's ReputationAdd to Tobes's Reputation Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000
06-26-2013

I plan on kicking back later today and watching this, and I will post my thoughts on a Halo video for the first time in.... years.

Last edited by Tobes; 06-26-2013 at 04:20 PM.
SirTopEmHat
Exalted Legendary Member
Subtract from SirTopEmHat's ReputationAdd to SirTopEmHat's Reputation SirTopEmHat is on the rise to fame SirTopEmHat is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to SirTopEmHat
06-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
I plan on kicking back later today and watching this, and I will post my thoughts on a Halo video for the first time in.... years.
I'm holding you to this Tobey!
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
06-26-2013

All of my friends that used to play are enjoying the hell out of this.

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
06-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
All of my friends that used to play are enjoying the hell out of this.

I miss your name being red. Sort of kills my dancing mood.
Dudeman27
Level 31
Subtract from Dudeman27's ReputationAdd to Dudeman27's Reputation Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Dudeman27 Send a message via Yahoo to Dudeman27
06-27-2013

Wow. I haven't posted in months, but after watching this I just had to write up my thoughts.

Best Halo video I've seen in years. Thank you for making this. It had everything a Halo montage needs. Sick gameplay, funny moments, professional cinematography, clean editing, a solid soundtrack, intense buildups, and more. It really brought back that '05 Halo 2 feel, but also looked professional. I was entertained for all 19 minutes. Pure awesomeness. Plus, that boltshot part was hilarious. Hahahaha.

Last edited by Dudeman27; 06-27-2013 at 02:01 PM.
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
06-27-2013

Yeah I cried...SO FUCKING WHAT!?
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
06-28-2013

omg
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
omg
Elaborate pl0x.