Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos

Display Modes Thread Tools
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
10-17-2011

first part really grabbed my attention, starting off strong.
good amount of synching with the song in mind, only a few moments where the fx really goes beyond what the song/clip might ask for (8:05 would be one).
angles are plentyfull but not too distracting, all be it in a long vid like this toning it down wouldnt hurt (quick succession of angles = tireing) like 8:15 which I had to watch twice. then 8:20 I love again (flagrun angles).
so lots of ups and downs but def entertaining
the stubby thing, teabag count, ingame audio sequences (yay!) etc. is great, eventho I didnt always find it especially humerous I love those things because it gives a vid character.
alternating colors on the end titles were awesome (like 11 minutes in), love shit like that.
gameplay, loving the huge amount of cool clutch little clips. def bringing it on the gp aswell.
having some kind of credits with gameplay gets you major points from this guy, also a 10+ minute vid is great to see.
overall, was quite entertained by the whole thing. had my likes and dislikes but overall very solid job.

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late

Last edited by slater ohm; 10-17-2011 at 11:37 AM.
BigIVIo
Level 18
Subtract from BigIVIo's ReputationAdd to BigIVIo's Reputation BigIVIo is legendary BigIVIo is legendary BigIVIo is legendary
Send a message via AIM to BigIVIo
10-17-2011

That was f***in awesome. Gotta love the text "manwithoutscrotum" quality stuff right there. Really nice job Muggsy.

Last edited by BigIVIo; 10-17-2011 at 12:34 PM.
FLASHGABE
Level 18
Subtract from FLASHGABE's ReputationAdd to FLASHGABE's Reputation FLASHGABE is a novice
Send a message via AIM to FLASHGABE Send a message via Skype™ to FLASHGABE
10-17-2011

A lot of time was put into those effects. I have respect for that. Great montage overall. Fucking enjoyed the shit out of it.
http://www.youtube.com/flashgabexmediax
Twitter: @FlashgabeMedia
AIM: flashgabe
XBL: Mancinis, FLASHGABE MEDIA

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
10-17-2011

Loved the edit, will elaborate later when I get home.
crucifix
wsup den
Subtract from crucifix's ReputationAdd to crucifix's Reputation crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000
10-17-2011

Here we go.

Gameplay was not the greatest gameplay in existance but modem's style of play is really awesome and now holds the crown for king of the mancannon. Fucking incredible how many of those snipes you have. A lot of the triples and doubles looked really difficult with most being falling down or at an angle. Much respect for Modem for being able to hit some impossible shots. There were some overkills but most didn't grab my attention and that really didn't matter. A tage isn't supposed to showcase better gameplay than any other montage, it's simply just to show off the cool shit you've accomplished in a video game. This video accomplished that well thanks to Muggsy's editing.

Now about Muggsy's edit. He accomplished what very few editors accomplish in this day of Halo videos. He barely used any twixtor. I'm so proud of you. The flow of this video heavily depended on the use of angles and it had some great angles. Like that stand still angle of the snipe to ricochet/one shot on narrows. Sick. I have to say though, that I got really bored during the third song. Which is the slowest song in the tage itself. At times I would see a clip for not even a second and then it would cut to an angle, another angle, some gameplay, then an angle, etc. Most of the tage accomplished this form well but that third song wasn't up to par. Maybe just because of that pacing. Despite that thrid song, this tage has the BEST soundtrack I've heard. All the songs were great and mixed well with the gameplay set in each song. The intervals in each song were a great addition adding some character (thanks slater) to the video with some typical xbl humor.

So Overall this video was awesome. Great gameplay, sexy songs, and awesome editing. I could say that it lived up to the "hype" that everyone, including me, have put upon it.

Great job guys. Now give that rebull Lalo.
reow
Spoiler!

Last edited by crucifix; 10-17-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Toasthashost
lvl 37 Dwarf Paladin
Subtract from Toasthashost's ReputationAdd to Toasthashost's Reputation Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Toasthashost Send a message via MSN to Toasthashost Send a message via Skype™ to Toasthashost
10-17-2011

Gear61 uploaded it already? Dammit.
Mattey
Level 31
Subtract from Mattey's ReputationAdd to Mattey's Reputation Mattey is on the rise to fame Mattey is on the rise to fame
10-17-2011

ffffuuuuccckkkkkkkk that gameplay was tight!!! Good music and editing. I love those clutch moments, the entire video was filled with them.
|| TM22 ||
THF VIP Member
Subtract from || TM22 ||'s ReputationAdd to || TM22 ||'s Reputation || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000
10-17-2011

Best montage released in AWHILE. I can't think of something that entertaining since Legacy. Great job Muggs. Loved every minute of it.

Here are my favourite moments:

3:18
7:44
8:45
9:43
Fatality Films
Level 32
Subtract from Fatality Films's ReputationAdd to Fatality Films's Reputation Fatality Films is on the rise to fame Fatality Films is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Fatality Films
10-17-2011

Rivaled Legacy in every aspect except gameplay. However, Legacy being a community montage, that is to expected. Will edit with a review when I get on my computer. Amazing montage Muggsy!
Maple.
poooooooooo
Subtract from Maple.'s ReputationAdd to Maple.'s Reputation Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
10-17-2011

Easily one of the best if not the best video since legacy.