Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Nuh uh, no way he's real 84 47.46%
Maybe, i can see where he can reasonably exist 32 18.08%
Yes, i believe God exists 61 34.46%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#291
06-02-2010
Default

http://ask.metafilter.com/54488/Firs...sus-References

Quote:
1. His mother was a virgin woman: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Krishna, Mithra, Zoroaster
2. He was born on December 25: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
3. His earthly (adopted) father was a carpenter: Jesus, Krishna
4. His birth was signaled by a heavenly star: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna
5. At his birth, shepherds presented him with gifts: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
6. He was born in a manger or a cave: Jesus, Dionysus, Mithra
7. As a baby, he is declared a king. Wise men present him with gifts of gold: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna
8. Angels or other good divine spirits sang songs or danced at his birth: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna
9. He was threatened by a king or tyrant who tried to kill him as an infant: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Moses
10. He was of royal lineage: Jesus, Buddha, Horus
11. He taught at the temple as a child and astounded all who heard him with his wisdom: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Zoroaster
12. He was baptized at a river: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Zoroaster
13. His hapless baptizer is later decapitated: Jesus, Horus
14. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil: Jesus, Zoroaster
15. He was a traveling teacher of great wisdom: Jesus, Buddha, Dionysus, Mithra
16. His ministry preached a message of charity, peace and love. He lived in poverty and loved the poor: Jesus, Krishna
17. He taught of heaven and hell, revealed mysteries, resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse: Jesus, Zoroaster
18. He gave a famous sermon on a mountain: Jesus, Horus
19. He had 12 disciples: Jesus, Horus, Mithra
20. He gave his disciples the power to work miracles: Jesus, Krishna
21. He was transfigured in front of his disciples, sometimes described as shining as the sun: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna
22. He healed the sick and the injured: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna, Mithra, Serapis, Zoroaster
23. He cast out demons: Jesus, Horus, Zoroaster
24. He fed hundreds or thousands with magically generated food: Jesus, Buddha
25. He walked on water: Jesus, Buddha, Horus
26. He brought back the dead: Jesus, Horus
27. He turned water into wine: Jesus, Dionysus
28. His followers were admonished to take vows of poverty and renounce worldly desires: Jesus, Buddha
29. He was called such exalted titles as "Lord", "Master", "Light of the World", "Holy One", "Redeemer", "The Way", "The Truth", etc.: Jesus, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
30. He is called "Logos" or "The Word": Jesus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra, Prometheus, Zoroaster
31. He was called "the anointed one" (how "Christ" translates): Jesus, Dionysus, Horus
32. He was known to his followers as a Shepherd of Humanity: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Mithra, Serapis
33. He was known as a fisher, associated with the fish: Jesus, Horus
34. He's identified with the ram or lamb: Jesus, Dionysus, Horus, Mithra
35. He's identified with the lion: Jesus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
36. He came not to destroy but to fulfill the law: Jesus, Buddha, Horus
37. He rode in a triumphal procession on a donkey: Jesus, Dionysus
38. He condemned the clergy for their ambition and hypocrisy. He would later fall victim to their scheming: Jesus, Krishna
39. He crushed a serpent's head: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna
40. Declared the savior of humanity, slain for our salvation: Jesus, Attis, Krishna, Mithra
41. He sometimes is known by a heart symbol: Jesus, Krishna
42. His body and/or blood is consumed through bread/wine in a symbolic ritual: Jesus, Attis, Dionysus, Mithra, Zoroaster
43. He had a sacred cup or grail: Jesus, Zoroaster
44. He died while hung from a cross or a tree: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna
45. His good friend, a fisherman named Peter/Petraeus, would desert him: Jesus, Prometheus
46. He was crucified between two thieves: Jesus, Horus, Krishna
47. He was around the age of 30 when he was crucified: Jesus, Krishna
48. At his death, the sun darkened or there were other grim supernatural signs: Jesus, Krishna
49. He went to the underworld for three days: Jesus, Attis, Mithra
50. He was resurrected: Jesus, Attis, Buddha, Dionysus, Horus, Krishna, Mithra
51. He was resurrected during the springtime, the date of which would become a day of celebration among his followers: Jesus, Attis, Dionysus, Mithra
52. His sacred day is Sunday: Jesus, Mithra
53. He is the second part of a divine trinity and/or considered to be one with his father god: Jesus, Attis, Krishna
54. He promises to return one day: Jesus, Buddha, Horus, Krishna, Zoroaster
55. When he comes again, he will ride on a white horse to do battle with the prince of evil: Jesus, Krishna
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#292
06-02-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
lol...............

I never even mentioned one thing about science on my last post. They are ALL different from each other besides the main similarities which just so happens to be way too obvious to ignore. There is no way these are coincidental. You sill haven't answered my main questions either, which does not take science to answer.

Does that not mean anything to you? To now know there have been many gods in the past with the same story as yours? Is yours the correct one? lol. I your god the one that created everything? or was their god the one that created everything since they came before your god?

I don't believe in any god. If you actually took more than 5 seconds to read through you would see there are gods from several other places listed.
Now, do you think Im going to compare those gods to my Lord and Savior? And yes, i say that the Bible is correct. And does my God have a birthday? He doesn't tell us that, sir. Do you want me to change my mind about what I believe in? Not gonna happen, sir.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#293
06-02-2010
Default

You're a perfect example of why people should not blindly follow religion. Research, teach yourself, and think for yourself outside of the little bubble you live in. You say we don't give ourself the chance to believe in god but it's really you who doesn't give yourself the chance to see things outside of a book.

I seriously feel bad for you.
Lild4000
uber n00b (level 2)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Subtract from Lild4000's ReputationAdd to Lild4000's Reputation Lild4000 is a novice
#294
06-02-2010
Default

Why are you all so ignorant? Of course God exists. Why are you comparing him to other fictional characters?
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#296
06-02-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
You're a perfect example of why people should not blindly follow religion. Research, teach yourself, and think for yourself outside of the little bubble you live in. You say we don't give ourself the chance to believe in god but it's really you who doesn't give yourself the chance to see things outside of a book.

I seriously feel bad for you.
Have you given yourself a chance? You think outside of the book too much. That's probably why you don't understand it.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#297
06-02-2010
Default

I almost married a christian girl and was raised in a catholic home. Believe me I have given it many years of thought and I have come to my own conclusion.

You are just as much of a hypocrite as most religious nuts. There really is no validity to your arguments (I wouldn't even call it an argument coming from you). You have to understand that because of your lackluster responses, nobody here can take you seriously. Which is the main reason why I think you are just trolling. New account and making lots of idiotic posts is a bit obvious.

Look into everything that I posted. Dare yourself to take a leap and think outside the bible. Compare other gods and religions to your god. Trust me, god won't strike you with lighting or anything, I promise.

Mike stop lurking and just post. Tell me I don't deserve to be in this section or something, make it interesting.
Cynic
Bored Stiff
Cynic's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,913
Subtract from Cynic's ReputationAdd to Cynic's Reputation Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000
#298
06-02-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lild4000 View Post
Why are you all so ignorant? Of course God exists. Why are you comparing him to other fictional characters?
Mindfreak?

Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
#299
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
I almost married a christian girl and was raised in a catholic home. Believe me I have given it many years of thought and I have come to my own conclusion.

You are just as much of a hypocrite as most religious nuts. There really is no validity to your arguments (I wouldn't even call it an argument coming from you). You have to understand that because of your lackluster responses, nobody here can take you seriously. Which is the main reason why I think you are just trolling. New account and making lots of idiotic posts is a bit obvious.

Look into everything that I posted. Dare yourself to take a leap and think outside the bible. Compare other gods and religions to your god. Trust me, god won't strike you with lighting or anything, I promise.

Mike stop lurking and just post. Tell me I don't deserve to be in this section or something, make it interesting.
I already knew it was going to happen. The Word speaks for itself. Explain your definition of hypocrite, sir. Everything your saying can all be turned back to those gods. Because all the proof of my God is in 1 book? You've just been consumed by the world. My work is done here.
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Yeshwa's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ecak rewards
Posts: 12,061
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
#300
06-03-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Soo Dopee View Post
I already knew it was going to happen. The Word speaks for itself. Explain your definition of hypocrite, sir. Everything your saying can all be turned back to those gods. Because all the proof of my God is in 1 book? You've just been consumed by the world. My work is done here.
ran on
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off