Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Kamui™
Random Regular Access
Subtract from Kamui™'s ReputationAdd to Kamui™'s Reputation Kamui™ is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to Kamui™ Send a message via MSN to Kamui™
09-10-2008

This all sounds almost unreal.

It really does sound like the start to a lot of sci-fi/apocalypse movies.

I can't wait for this.
This is huge.

Korrupt
Level 28
Subtract from Korrupt's ReputationAdd to Korrupt's Reputation Korrupt is a novice
09-10-2008

This is stupid i don't see the point in it, just a big waste of money... the government trying to destroy the planet..... again
Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tormaster Send a message via MSN to Tormaster
09-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by i SGN i KorrupT View Post
This is stupid i don't see the point in it, just a big waste of money... the government trying to destroy the planet..... again
Its actually europe, and the point is to find out if many fundamental parts of scientific theories exist. I also notice that some people think we have never done anything like this before, even though there are several particle excellerators in the world, this is just the biggest. The only thing new here is the speed at which we are smashing the particles together.

GT: torwizzle

add for customs and all that crap.
Explicits
Level 10
Subtract from Explicits's ReputationAdd to Explicits's Reputation Explicits is a novice
09-11-2008

Well, i'm from the EU and frankly, these crazy swiss physicists wanting to find out what happens is beyond me. I understand that we could find out new sources of fuel / how the universe was created / how to make sick black holes and kill everybody / the 'God particle' and so on... but i'd rather just die to global warming. x
Darkid X
Level 20
Subtract from Darkid X's ReputationAdd to Darkid X's Reputation Darkid X is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Darkid X
09-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Synergy View Post
Which is the speed of light.

Trust me, I want to shrug it off and act like everything will be fine as much as the next person, but there is a legitimate cause for concern when dealing with the LHC. Even if there aren't any black holes created, that doesn't mean something can't go horribly awry. The theory of strangelets states that anything that touches a strangelet is converted into a strangelet. If we do somehow create strangelets by colliding these ions, we and everything that exists could theoretically be turned to strangelets as well.

But perhaps creation of a black hole machine is a holographic parallel to the world reaching 6.66 billion population in 2008, and the rise to power of the Antichrist in Russia. If a black hole is created by LHC, then initially it might not be noticed, but it could gravitate to the center of earth and start swallowing the earth's core, perhaps over years. Perhaps such an event could be the cause of the Mayan calendar prophesy of the December 2012 destruction of earth. Lets hope for the best in this situation. If that should happen then nothing could be done about it.

I think it is an interesting coincidence that CERN is turned on as the world population reaches 6.66 billion (in April 2008), 666 being the number of the Antichrist, and as the possible Antichrist Putin reached 666 months age in April 2008. Note that 666 is the number of the Antichrist in Revelation 13, the Antichrist or Beast being a Satanic imitation of Christ. In Greek, the original language of the Bible's New Testament, each letter is also a number, and therefore a word can be connected to a number by adding the letter-numbers. In this way "Jesus" totals 888=8x111, and "Cross" totals 777=7x111, which is interesting since 666 =6x111 is the Number of the Antichrist in Revelation 13. So 111 seems to relate to the Holy Trinity and God, and 6 is the Number of Man since man was created on day 6 in the Biblical Book of Genesis, so 666 is the number of man trying to make himself a deity or God. This could relate to CERN trying to duplicate the Big Bang collisions at the birth of the Universe, man trying to do what God has done. So this would explain why the CERN LHC collider is turned on as the world reaches 6.66 billion population in 2008. This could be a case of "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions", literally to Hell with a growing Black Hole or Strangelet in the center of the earth.

Just saying......it could be a possibility.
Thanks for scaring the shit out of me son
Explicits
Level 10
Subtract from Explicits's ReputationAdd to Explicits's Reputation Explicits is a novice
09-11-2008

Quote:

Trust me, I want to shrug it off and act like everything will be fine as much as the next person, but there is a legitimate cause for concern when dealing with the LHC. Even if there aren't any black holes created, that doesn't mean something can't go horribly awry. The theory of strangelets states that anything that touches a strangelet is converted into a strangelet. If we do somehow create strangelets by colliding these ions, we and everything that exists could theoretically be turned to strangelets as well.

But perhaps creation of a black hole machine is a holographic parallel to the world reaching 6.66 billion population in 2008, and the rise to power of the Antichrist in Russia. If a black hole is created by LHC, then initially it might not be noticed, but it could gravitate to the center of earth and start swallowing the earth's core, perhaps over years. Perhaps such an event could be the cause of the Mayan calendar prophesy of the December 2012 destruction of earth. Lets hope for the best in this situation. If that should happen then nothing could be done about it.

I think it is an interesting coincidence that CERN is turned on as the world population reaches 6.66 billion (in April 2008), 666 being the number of the Antichrist, and as the possible Antichrist Putin reached 666 months age in April 2008. Note that 666 is the number of the Antichrist in Revelation 13, the Antichrist or Beast being a Satanic imitation of Christ. In Greek, the original language of the Bible's New Testament, each letter is also a number, and therefore a word can be connected to a number by adding the letter-numbers. In this way "Jesus" totals 888=8x111, and "Cross" totals 777=7x111, which is interesting since 666 =6x111 is the Number of the Antichrist in Revelation 13. So 111 seems to relate to the Holy Trinity and God, and 6 is the Number of Man since man was created on day 6 in the Biblical Book of Genesis, so 666 is the number of man trying to make himself a deity or God. This could relate to CERN trying to duplicate the Big Bang collisions at the birth of the Universe, man trying to do what God has done. So this would explain why the CERN LHC collider is turned on as the world reaches 6.66 billion population in 2008. This could be a case of "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions", literally to Hell with a growing Black Hole or Strangelet in the center of the earth.

Intersting read, but the original number for the Antichrist is 616, so it's all paranoia x
Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
09-11-2008

Quote:
Almost the speed of light. You cant accelorate particles that have mass to the speed of light, what your saying, according to Einstein, is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Synergy
If stranglets existed AT ALL, the universe would have been swallowed up a long time ago, according to the theory anyways.

Quote:
Quote:

I am just going to dismiss the rest of the stuff with a HAHA....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ibanez 24
This, really pisses me off. Why the Hell is it so important that questions as to why and how we came to be are answered?? That in the long run is only going to lead to future reasons and technology for war. EVERYONE who's not a complete idiot knows that. Neither scientific evidence, nor religious beliefs, are worth risking more stronger technologies for war. We don't need something unlocking the secrets how to make better bombs in the future dammit.

You want to write the final page to the book? Fine, do so, but don't leave a f.cking cliff hanger for future generations. -_-
Technologies are going to increase whether you like it or not and it is most likely going to be used for war whether you like it or not.... Deal with it.

Last edited by Tormaster; 09-11-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Empty
Tempus Fugit
Subtract from Empty's ReputationAdd to Empty's Reputation Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Empty Send a message via Skype™ to Empty
09-11-2008

I shall listen to this the day of the collisions.
Garzor
Level 29
Subtract from Garzor's ReputationAdd to Garzor's Reputation Garzor is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Garzor
09-11-2008

well i have to assume that with thousands of physicists working on it they know what they're doing but i have to say im still scared shitless for oct. 21
GT: MonoShocK

Tormaster
Level 24
09-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ibanez 24 View Post
Well then in that case I purpose a time saver:

Stop beating around the f.cking bush and just build some sort of core disrupter to use on the planet, or an enormous nuke to blow it to Hell. Why lie, and then piss and moan like a little girl for years and years just to get to the f.ckin' point?
you are just a negative nancy when it comes to this....