Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
KGB Yo Mama
Level 19
Subtract from KGB Yo Mama's ReputationAdd to KGB Yo Mama's Reputation KGB Yo Mama is a novice
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconceivable View Post
Such a joke. I, and every other person with such thoughts, has the right to "assume", as many of you say. You have no empirical proof as to the existence of your God, and most of you believe in such because your parents did.

Oh, and err, handicapped die, just like everyone else.
WHere did you come from? Count it as a blessing i even replied to you. I am not offering Umpericle proof to God.

Yes thats why i grew up believing what i did, but ive passed the age where my parents expect me to make my own decisions.
no, no matter how far we've come love, i cant wait to see tomorrow!

Montage is OUT click to check it out http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-2-vid...b-yo-mama.html

NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
09-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB Yo Mama View Post
WHere did you come from? Count it as a blessing i even replied to you. I am not offering Umpericle proof to God.
What the piss is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaster View Post
Only a couple of people here will understand that.... Which you are probably aware of, why do you do that? Just curious.
It's fun.

Quote:
And NiceGuy, as to the Handicap thing, them being more likely to be ethical, it came more from experience, rather than logical process. From talking to them at work, on busses, much of what ive seen.

Thus by my own arguments i may not attack your fundamentals, because i dont have your experiences. Likewise you have'nt mine. I do not judge your thoughts, just your actions.
You can't make value judgments, especially universal ones, and ESPECIALLY in ethics, about human beings based on experience. "That's just my experience" is irrelevant to ethics.

You still haven't given me any insight as to your ethical worldview.
Busy, busy, busy

Last edited by NG; 09-29-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Vagrant
OLD BLUE
Subtract from Vagrant's ReputationAdd to Vagrant's Reputation Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
09-29-2008

Nobody here, Christian or otherwise, can give you this answer. If you believe, then there is far too much gray area in regards to what constitutes the inability to embrace God and those that were not presented with the opportunity. The whole elitist nature of "we're all right and you're all wrong", and "the bible said this so it's beyond reproach", tends to bug me. I consider myself to believe in God, but there are aspects of supposed Christianity that sicken me. How can God send a man to hell for a mental illness and subsequent suicide when God himself afflicted that man with the illness in the first place? How can God send a man to hell for a mental illness and subsequent inability to comprehend the message?

If you do not believe, you're here to muckrake and grandstand. But hey, whatever washes down your anger bile you miserable loads!
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
09-30-2008

Drink your mead and be gone with thee.
Busy, busy, busy
KGB Yo Mama
Level 19
Subtract from KGB Yo Mama's ReputationAdd to KGB Yo Mama's Reputation KGB Yo Mama is a novice
09-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Nobody here, Christian or otherwise, can give you this answer. If you believe, then there is far too much gray area in regards to what constitutes the inability to embrace God and those that were not presented with the opportunity. The whole elitist nature of "we're all right and you're all wrong", and "the bible said this so it's beyond reproach", tends to bug me. I consider myself to believe in God, but there are aspects of supposed Christianity that sicken me. How can God send a man to hell for a mental illness and subsequent suicide when God himself afflicted that man with the illness in the first place? How can God send a man to hell for a mental illness and subsequent inability to comprehend the message?

If you do not believe, you're here to muckrake and grandstand. But hey, whatever washes down your anger bile you miserable loads!
First off handicapped doesn't necessitate a mental handicap.
and again i never claimed all crazy ppl go to hell. I dont think that, im not sure how thats handled. I have my own suspicions but you wouldn't care to listen.

The last thing i want to mention is that the smartest man ive ever known once claimed he didnt see how anyone who kills themselves cant be insane. I think i agree wholeheartedly with him. Im saying i think pretty much all suiciders are somewhat insane.

Montage is OUT click to check it out http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-2-vid...b-yo-mama.html

tom31deecc FTW
Level 32
Subtract from tom31deecc FTW's ReputationAdd to tom31deecc FTW's Reputation tom31deecc FTW is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tom31deecc FTW Send a message via MSN to tom31deecc FTW
09-30-2008

Quote:
Im saying i think pretty much all suiciders are somewhat insane.
Any credibility you once had (however little it was) is now gone.
KGB Yo Mama
Level 19
09-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom31deecc FTW View Post
Any credibility you once had (however little it was) is now gone.
Ok. You say its not logical to think that anyone who takes their life is not thinking clearly? Decades ago nearly everyone would have agreed with me. Even in this degraded era, i think anyone that can rationally believe suicide to be a better alternative than whatever life they were given has acquired a mental problem.

Wowee 22
I'm not European.
Subtract from Wowee 22's ReputationAdd to Wowee 22's Reputation Wowee 22 is a novice
09-30-2008

Quote:
Ok. You say its not logical to think that anyone who takes their life is not thinking clearly? Decades ago nearly everyone would have agreed with me. Even in this degraded era, i think anyone that can rationally believe suicide to be a better alternative than whatever life they were given has acquired a mental problem.
You're saying someone who commits suicide has a mental problem. Okay. Understandable, yet not always the case. Anyway... so do you believe that handicap people would go to heaven? So, ultimately, someone who commits suicide would go to heaven?

Suicide -- Mental Problem
Mental Problem -- Handicap
Handicap -- Heaven

So:

Suicide -- Heaven?

Is that you're way of thinking??

Explore. Discover. Understand.

NG
poo-tee-weet?
09-30-2008

Quote:
Consider culture for a moment; in Japanese culture, suicide is a preservation of honor -- harakiri. It's not insanity, it's perspective. Clearly the smartest man you've ever known hadn't considered all reasons and forms of suicide.
Busy, busy, busy
tom31deecc FTW
Level 32
Subtract from tom31deecc FTW's ReputationAdd to tom31deecc FTW's Reputation tom31deecc FTW is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tom31deecc FTW Send a message via MSN to tom31deecc FTW
09-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
Consider culture for a moment; in Japanese culture, suicide is a preservation of honor -- harakiri. It's not insanity, it's perspective. Clearly the smartest man you've ever known hadn't considered all reasons and forms of suicide.
True. I was thinking more along the lines of people being blind, deaf, and dumb. Or some other scenario where life is just completely and irreversibly unbearable. Exactly as you said, NG, it's just perspective.