Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Zealot4
Level 24
Subtract from Zealot4's ReputationAdd to Zealot4's Reputation Zealot4 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Zealot4
09-09-2008
Default Creation and Evolution / Biogenesis

As many of us know, the book of Genesis in the Bible states that God created the Earth and everything about it in 6 whole days. The Bible explicitly states that everything that is everything to us here on Earth was created by God in those 6 days. With modern science, the topic is very arguable.

The other side includes Biogenesis and Evolution. Both of these theories are supported by modern scientists around the world.

So the question is: How did the universe and life on Earth come to be? Was it God creating it in 6 days? Or was it rather these modern scientific theories that hold truth?
Yes!
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
09-09-2008

Guess I'll just post this again.

Elmo <3
Zealot4
Level 24
Subtract from Zealot4's ReputationAdd to Zealot4's Reputation Zealot4 is a novice
09-09-2008

I was actually surprised halfway through the first time in the other thread when I found out it was you talking. I was gonna post like hey nice Halo shirt to whoever that guy is but then you mentioned 'Cursed Lemon.'
Yes!
Empty
Tempus Fugit
Subtract from Empty's ReputationAdd to Empty's Reputation Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Empty Send a message via Skype™ to Empty
09-09-2008

What is sometimes hilarious to me is that you only state the god from the bible as if hes the only one.

When there are several different religions believed around the world.

Pretty much 3 main religions and many many many smaller form religions. With different gods and different stories.

How come you don't also mention them?

If you really want to learn something when it comes to evolution i suggest you talk with TMBH.

Perhaps read some books.

Talk to TMBH or read these books and actually attempt to understand them

Then hear the opposite side.

It will become pretty clear to you what side is lacking extraordinary amounts of evidence.

That's all i have to say in this new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyProduction View Post
Now would probably be a good time to post the "why do people laugh at creationist series"

Its a 25 video series breaking down creationists stupidity. There's some humor and its good entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...3481305829426D

Its quite popular on youtube.

Last edited by Empty; 09-09-2008 at 08:44 PM.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
09-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
Whether or not God did it cannot be scientifically verified, therefore it isn't even a possible alternative to evolution and abiogenesis.
And to add to that, we know how the Earth, our sun, and our solar system formed. We shall see (tomorrow actually) how accurate one current big bang proposition is.
Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tormaster Send a message via MSN to Tormaster
09-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
And to add to that, we know how the Earth, our sun, and our solar system formed. We shall see (tomorrow actually) how accurate one current big bang proposition is.
They are starting it up tomorrow, but they wont reach full collision speeds for awhile. We are going to have to wait and see.....

Edit: I just read the other thread and that was the dumbest thing I have seen in the debate forum for awhile. Thank you cursed for closing it and hopefully some of those idiots who have no idea how to debate will stay out of this thread.

GT: torwizzle

add for customs and all that crap.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
09-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaster View Post
They are starting it up tomorrow, but they wont reach full collision speeds for awhile. We are going to have to wait and see.....

Edit: I just read the other thread and that was the dumbest thing I have seen in the debate forum for awhile. Thank you cursed for closing it and hopefully some of those idiots who have no idea how to debate will stay out of this thread.
Ah, ok. Should be interesting. Even if they don't find the particle they want, it's going to be great. I don't know shit about post-doctoral physics, so I'm neutral on whether or not I think they're going to find what they seek.
Zealot4
Level 24
09-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyProduction View Post
What is sometimes hilarious to me is that you only state the god from the bible as if hes the only one.

When there are several different religions believed around the world.

Pretty much 3 main religions and many many many smaller form religions. With different gods and different stories.

How come you don't also mention them?
Because this is between Christianity and Atheism.
Yes!
I bloodypingu I
Lurker At The Threshold
Subtract from I bloodypingu I's ReputationAdd to I bloodypingu I's Reputation I bloodypingu I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I bloodypingu I
09-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot4 View Post
Because this is between Christianity and Atheism.
Atheism and Evolution are totally separate ideas. You dont need to accept Evolution to be atheist...

"Music to me, might not be music to most"
-Buckethead

Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tormaster Send a message via MSN to Tormaster
09-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Ah, ok. Should be interesting. Even if they don't find the particle they want, it's going to be great. I don't know sh.t about post-doctoral physics, so I'm neutral on whether or not I think they're going to find what they seek.
We had a nice long discussion in my astronomy class today. I am hoping they find the higgs-boson, and if they don't then we are going to have to do some serious modifying to the big-bang. But some of the other things it can find out from the collision should answer some pretty cool questions

GT: torwizzle

add for customs and all that crap.