Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
sOoOo FcKn HaWt
Level 13
Subtract from sOoOo FcKn HaWt's ReputationAdd to sOoOo FcKn HaWt's Reputation sOoOo FcKn HaWt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to sOoOo FcKn HaWt
09-09-2008
Default What's your story?

When I was a little boy I used to imagine what heaven would be like. Growing up in a Christian background I was very fond of this so-called afterlife. I always thought it would be something along like my dreams, and that hell would be represented as my bad dreams. Once I grew up a bit I gave in to the little knowledge that I had and started wondering and asking myself questions like how was this God created and if all of this religion thing was just a set of morals given in by stories.
I could see all of the metaphoric shit put into all of these passages preached to me. Then I asked myself.... why would God make such stories to confuse us to making the bible a literal sense for us as human beings to follow by. I think of how such smart people in this world actually believe in God. It juse amazes me on how nothing supernatural has ever been proven, and that people still believe in ghosts and shit like that.
The other day I asked my principal if I could start an atheist club or just a religion club for agnostic people of that sort. But as I knew what would happen I got a "No fucking way". Freedom - we have none. I've thought of taking it to court =). Knowing people get offended when you try and dis-prove their believes, although it is a bit rude to try and do so.

Has anyone ever had the same thoughts as me?

Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
09-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOoOo FcKn HaWt View Post
When I was a little boy I used to imagine what heaven would be like. Growing up in a Christian background I was very fond of this so-called afterlife. I always thought it would be something along like my dreams, and that hell would be represented as my bad dreams. Once I grew up a bit I gave in to the little knowledge that I had and started wondering and asking myself questions like how was this God created and if all of this religion thing was just a set of morals given in by stories.
I could see all of the metaphoric sh.t put into all of these passages preached to me. Then I asked myself.... why would God make such stories to confuse us to making the bible a literal sense for us as human beings to follow by. I think of how such smart people in this world actually believe in God. It juse amazes me on how nothing supernatural has ever been proven, and that people still believe in ghosts and sh.t like that.
The other day I asked my principal if I could start an atheist club or just a religion club for agnostic people of that sort. But as I knew what would happen I got a "No f.cking way". Freedom - we have none. I've thought of taking it to court =). Knowing people get offended when you try and dis-prove their believes, although it is a bit rude to try and do so.

Has anyone ever had the same thoughts as me?
Good thing you made thought plural, good gosh, you jump all over the place in this statement lol.
sOoOo FcKn HaWt
Level 13
Subtract from sOoOo FcKn HaWt's ReputationAdd to sOoOo FcKn HaWt's Reputation sOoOo FcKn HaWt is a novice
09-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Good thing you made thought plural, good gosh, you jump all over the place in this statement lol.
Yeah, im a noob at grammer. -.-

Cheehwawa
Level 14
Subtract from Cheehwawa's ReputationAdd to Cheehwawa's Reputation Cheehwawa is a novice
09-10-2008

Steps to take

Get a close friend to go to your principal to start up a Christian/Jew/Muslim club. HAve him tape record the encounter. If the principal allows the club's creation...

Later on (few months later) you goto your principal and try to make an atheist club. Of course, tape record it. If he doesnt allow you to make that, but allowed a Christian one... well, bring the school to court.
GAMERTAG: Cheehwawa
Add me for customs. I play all kinds, from MLG to Tremors to Infection.

Fileshare: Linkage
Check out and rate my files, please!

Last edited by Cheehwawa; 09-10-2008 at 08:42 AM.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
09-10-2008

I thought the idea behind clubs in school was to be engaged in some kind of activity; what activity would a bunch of high school atheists who, no offence, are not so clear-headed about their belief system, only its petty, regurgitated arguments and accusations of stupidity, participate in? Are you going to spread the message of atheism? That's both inappropriate and unproductive.

So what would the purpose be of forming this group? What would you and your atheist buddies do? Why does it matter if you're atheist? What if you're agnostic? Are you not allowed in your club? This reminds me of something.

Busy, busy, busy
sOoOo FcKn HaWt
Level 13
09-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
I thought the idea behind clubs in school was to be engaged in some kind of activity; what activity would a bunch of high school atheists who, no offence, are not so clear-headed about their belief system, only its petty, regurgitated arguments and accusations of stupidity, participate in? Are you going to spread the message of atheism? That's both inappropriate and unproductive.

So what would the purpose be of forming this group? What would you and your atheist buddies do? Why does it matter if you're atheist? What if you're agnostic? Are you not allowed in your club? This reminds me of something.

Eh... not just an Atheist club, just a club with open mindedness on religion in general. Just for confused people about religion, and there thoughts on the whole God thing. But, you know most Christians aren't very fond of Atheist either. So we could debate the issue on what our beliefs are.

Muddawg
nah, i was like, yeah.
Subtract from Muddawg's ReputationAdd to Muddawg's Reputation Muddawg is a novice
09-10-2008

Basically everyone on this forum is atheist, or so it seems, but that's probably an unfair generalization.

Twitter - @Tva_Muddawg

I play lax, yo.
sOoOo FcKn HaWt
Level 13
09-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
I wouldn't be caught dead in an Atheist club. How lame
Eh, I didn't necessarily mean Atheist club.

I just like discussing it, and being apart of a debate team on the sides of religion and stuff.

I'llflipya
Level 10
Subtract from I'llflipya's ReputationAdd to I'llflipya's Reputation I'llflipya is a novice
09-10-2008

Just to let you know I do not get offended when someone trys to disprove my beliefs, when the argumentation goes into the realm of pathos, pathetic, and someone folds to emotion to try to make a point and ends up ridiculing the other person and taking cheap shots, that is when I get somewhat offended.
I can understand where you are coming from with "Growing out of" your beliefs in Christianity. This shows how free you are to think for yourself. So socially conditioned behavior does not apply. Research Christanity for yourself. My faith exploded after i read Lee Strobel's book, The Case For Christ, and is continually strengthened with other books like The Shack, or The Reason For God.
you can be smart and believe in God. Alvan Plantinga, who teaches at Notre Dame, is recognized as the world's best living philosopher right now, and he is a Christian, there are smart people that are atheists, and Christian's.
sOoOo FcKn HaWt
Level 13
09-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'llflipya View Post
Just to let you know I do not get offended when someone trys to disprove my beliefs, when the argumentation goes into the realm of pathos, pathetic, and someone folds to emotion to try to make a point and ends up ridiculing the other person and taking cheap shots, that is when I get somewhat offended.
I can understand where you are coming from with "Growing out of" your beliefs in Christianity. This shows how free you are to think for yourself. So socially conditioned behavior does not apply. Research Christanity for yourself. My faith exploded after i read Lee Strobel's book, The Case For Christ, and is continually strengthened with other books like The Shack, or The Reason For God.
you can be smart and believe in God. Alvan Plantinga, who teaches at Notre Dame, is recognized as the world's best living philosopher right now, and he is a Christian, there are smart people that are atheists, and Christian's.
If I were Christian I'd still love hearing peoples views on the matter of it.

I understand Christianity, I was once baptized. I thought that I had a relationship with God and all that non-scene. But I grew to my common knowledge, knowing it was all in my head.