Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
King Bond
Member #7180
King Bond's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CANDA
Posts: 2,380
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
#211
12-18-2005
Default

Colostomizer. I have this to say and this only. If you want to have sex before marriage, you go right ahead. Go do whatever you want. Go fuck all of Africa, I don't care. Don't wear condoms. Do NOT use a condom or any form of birth control. Do not use birth control and we'll see how many girls want to have sex with you. We'll see how many times you want to do it with some random, drunk chick that "wants pleasure from you". I'm only saying this because in response to my post, all you had to say was my second half was completely unwarranted and went on to say I was starting to look like an idiot. You use man-made creations such as condoms and birth control to enjoy something that is meant for creating life. Just because it is pleasurable, doesn't necessarily mean it was meant to be pleasurable. So that is my challenge to you. You think sex is fun and games and nobody gets hurt? Don't use man-made objects and we'll see how far you get
GT: King Bond
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#212
12-18-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bond
Colostomizer. I have this to say and this only. If you want to have sex before marriage, you go right ahead. Go do whatever you want. Go fuck all of Africa, I don't care. Don't wear condoms. Do NOT use a condom or any form of birth control. Do not use birth control and we'll see how many girls want to have sex with you. We'll see how many times you want to do it with some random, drunk chick that "wants pleasure from you". I'm only saying this because in response to my post, all you had to say was my second half was completely unwarranted and went on to say I was starting to look like an idiot. You use man-made creations such as condoms and birth control to enjoy something that is meant for creating life. Just because it is pleasurable, doesn't necessarily mean it was meant to be pleasurable. So that is my challenge to you. You think sex is fun and games and nobody gets hurt? Don't use man-made objects and we'll see how far you get
That is my point exactly.

Now here is a thought.

What seperates man from animal? MAN- A DICK is used to go inside a VAGINA and make BABIES. ANIMAL- a DICK(with condom) goes into VAGINA(with birth controll) That makes us animals. Why you may ask, well we can then go around fucking all of china, that makes us aniamls. We are humans, we are made to be higher than animals. Controll your fucking self.

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-18-2005 at 09:40 AM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#213
12-18-2005
Default

Vrbas, you say that we're no longer listening to each other. Well I'm listening to you, and I'd like for you to carefully read this post.

I'd agree with you that some measure of faith is necessary to live a meaningful life. And yeah, the search for truth is fine. But I don't find it right to say you know the answer to life for the sole reason that you have faith that it's so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
For me to claim that anything is an absolute truth, I have to first know that it is. There are plenty of examples of that though. I know for a fact that I exist. I know for a fact that I'm observing things. I know for a fact that I observe certain things to affect me, and I observe that I affect certain things. Maybe the things I observe don't ultimately exist, but I know they exist at least in my personal reality. I know that while I might not be ultimately affecting anything, I'm affecting things in my personal reality. Is anything else important? Not to me. My personal reality is the only thing that matters, and whether or not it coincides with the ultimate reality is completely inconsequential.
There is no contradiction here. You just misunderstood what I was saying, so I'll try and make it clear. I am looking at a computer in front of me. Maybe it doesn't ultimately exist (I'm not sure, so I'm not going to claim it does). But I know that I'm seeing it. It is an ultimate truth that I'm seeing it. It is an ultimate truth that I can feel the keys (whether or not the keys exist), and I can see your response. It is an ultimate truth that I have a personal reality. It doesn't matter to me what really exists and what doesn't, it only matters what exists in my personal reality. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say.

I probably won't find God, and neither will you. The difference between us is you think you already have. You think you don't need proof. I say, by definition, you can't be sure without proof. Don't give up on me Vrbas, I haven't given up on you.

King Bond, it's official. I'm now convinced that you're a fucking idiot. If you ever decide that you want to stop being an idiot, let me know, and I'll take you off my ignore list (that's where you're going to reside from now on once I finish this post). If you're too stupid to realize why I think you're an idiot (this seems very likely), and you want to know why I've come to this conclusion, feel free to ask in a private message. I'll try to explain it to you in terms that you can understand.

.Ghost, your last response was one of the worst, least intelligent posts I've ever seen on this site. You really consider using a condom to be an animal act? I wish you were joking, but that seems doubtful. You say that we're human because we make babies when we have sex. You mean that we're not human because we have language? We're not human because we create art? We're not human because we're capable of love? Do animals not make babies when they have sex? Going by your definition, every animal that has sex for the purpose of procreation is just as human as you, and actually more human than the millions of people who use condoms. "Why you may ask, well we can then go around fucking all of china, that makes us aniamls." Seriously, are you retarded?
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#214
12-18-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
.Ghost, your last response was one of the worst, least intelligent posts I've ever seen on this site. You really consider using a condom to be an animal act? I wish you were joking, but that seems doubtful. You say that we're human because we make babies when we have sex. You mean that we're not human because we have language? We're not human because we create art? We're not human because we're capable of love? Do animals not make babies when they have sex? Going by your definition, every animal that has sex for the purpose of procreation is just as human as you, and actually more human than the millions of people who use condoms. "Why you may ask, well we can then go around fucking all of china, that makes us aniamls." Seriously, are you retarded?

Lol. Dumbest ever. We are all very thick headed here, so this will go nowhere.

I would like to say though. Since you dont belive in God and I do. I think premarital sex is bad becuase of what Vrbas has said and what I feel and believe.

I do feel that having lots of sex (because we have inveted condoms) is bad. Were we made to have sex and not get the effect of it? Babies? I honestly dont know what human was made to do or not to. That is why the Quran, Bibal, Torah came about. A question I have for you is... How the hell would any man come up with the elaborate schemes and text written in those books? From where in mans mind would God ever "pop" out. What would trigger something called a God in ones primitive mind?

That's my argue for him existing, there is much mroe I could say though. You can also add what Vrbas said to what I did for my reasons.

Now we mmove to how i feel about other theories.

I dont think that the bigbang theory is correct. Why? If it were things such as plants, and other things. HUMANS would still be evolving into something else besides humans. How did the big bang create perfect hamrony in ecosystems. And all that shit. To go down to the most basic of basic. How and where did the big bang come from? I mean the atoms, who put them there how did the (where) did they come from? I dunno, they were there just there. I dont really like this theory at all. If you were to ask scientist if they believe in god, most say yes. I have asked quite a few and they all say that the more research they do the more they believe god exists.

I am not trying to "Convert" you I could care less for you in all honesty as you could for me. I just want my message sent across that premarital sex is bad becuase I belive in god, other reasons have been stated over and over again. I dont want to state them anymore. Though I will discuss with you why and why not god exists.

Now lets move onto my faith and how I operate.
I would not call myself "one" faith. I follow what I feel right.
I follow the ten commands.
i follow almost all of the Bible, Quran, and Torah.
I say I am muslim becuase most of my beliefs are from the Quran, and a muslim is simply a submitter to god, becuase Muslim = Islam and islam = Submission to god.

I have my own faith and live by it. I developed faith from my parents, mainly my mother. We dont go and pray at a chirch or Masq, or any other place.
We pray at home, 5 times a day for about 5 minutes at a time. We do not take the rug out or do any of that stuff. When we pray we simply jsut sit there and say verses or Surah's. Then we just pray to god and say may his will be done.

The reason I tell you this is for you to understand me a little bit better.

I respect your views honestly I do. I dont like them for me though.
\
This post is more of a ramble from me and not very organized.

I still have tons of fun with peopel I will go to parties do all that nice stuff.
I will go to a party and not drink for instance, I will go and not do anything that harms the body and is againsts god.

Basically (More of ranting here) This thread will lead nowhere becuas eyou tried to leave faith out of the discusion. ISince you did that, WHY? have a discussion over it? Thats the only reason that there would be a discussion. A question for you that I dont know, is B4 faith came along and God. What were humans like? Did they act like animals? what did they do? What was the impact of God on humans?




Please read all of that, and say what you will. i just want to express how I feel and dont give a shit about how Dumb you may think I am.

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-18-2005 at 02:59 PM.
King Bond
Member #7180
King Bond's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CANDA
Posts: 2,380
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
#215
12-18-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
King Bond, it's official. I'm now convinced that you're a fucking idiot. If you ever decide that you want to stop being an idiot, let me know, and I'll take you off my ignore list (that's where you're going to reside from now on once I finish this post). If you're too stupid to realize why I think you're an idiot (this seems very likely), and you want to know why I've come to this conclusion, feel free to ask in a private message. I'll try to explain it to you in terms that you can understand.
Colostomizer, where in that incoherent ramble did you address the matters in which I posted? You didn't. You can't reply to my post so you must attack me directly. I'm the fucking idiot? Look at you, kid. You won't tell me why I'm stupid in a post, but, I must PM you for an insult? No thanks. I might be a fucking idiot, but I'm not stupid . When you want to come off your high-horse and you want to start speaking to us as equals, then you can take me off your ignore list. I really couldn't care less what an immature kid like you thinks. I told you to carry on the way you wanted to live your life, just don't use man made objects to protect yourself from certain consequences. You couldn't respond to that cause you know you couldn't do it. It's okay, man. We all know you couldn't do it. It's okay
GT: King Bond
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#216
12-18-2005
Default

Sex is a very strong biological need. However sex after marriage has a purpose of not only evolution but also a medium of expressing love between couples. If sex becomes a mere need of the body then it can not be enjoyed in true sense and becomes monotonous. This is the reason why many marriages are failing now a days. Because the concept of sex is not very clear and a lot of importance is paid to this subject in negative sense. It is therefore duty of the parents to talk freely on the subject with their kids and enlighten them. The concepts of pre-marital sex have a direct bearing on our total concepts of sex itself. It is important how one feels about sex personally, it is like when you are hungry, you eat garbage or you wait for the right food. Or in other words reading a good book.

That sums up what i have to say in a non religous way.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#217
12-18-2005
Default

.Ghost, within religion, it's fine to say that we shouldn't have sex because God said not to. Vrbas was making the argument that premarital sex is bad even outside of religion. So, what I've been trying to do for a while is show Vrbas that premarital sex is not wrong outside of religion. If you do bring religion into this debate, then I have to disprove religion, and there are other threads where that's going on.

It's natural for man to wonder why we're here. I'm not sure why you find that difficult to understand.

If you want to talk about the Big Bang, you should probably look into it a little more and have some idea of what you're talking about. The Big Bang did not create "perfect hamrony (your spelling error, not mine) in ecosystems." There is no perfect harmony in ecosystems. There weren't any atoms for a while after the Big Bang. It was too hot. Seriously, if you want to argue whether or not the Big Bang happened, you need to know at least a tiny bit about it. Do you know all the scientists in the world? Did you ask them all if they believe in God? You have no idea what you're talking about; you're just pulling stuff out of your ass. Please, stay out of the Debate Section until you gain some knowledge, because you're completely ignorant about everything you've tried to talk about so far.

You say that you believe in God, and yet you follow most of the Bible, the Koran, and the Torah. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all make exclusive truth-claims; they all say everyone else is wrong. You can't follow most of all three faiths. The fact that you say you do is all the more indication that you have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me, what exactly are your beliefs? Was Jesus resurrected from the dead? Did Muhammad ascend to Heaven on a winged horse? You can't pick and choose from multiple beliefs that make exclusive truth-claims.

Why are you asking what the impact of God was? Are you insinuating that atheists and agnostics are immoral animals? Human beings do not need God to live meaningful lives.

.Ghost, spend some time trying to figure out what the Big Bang was, and what makes religions different, and then come back to the Debate Section in a couple of years.

Well King Bond, I had you on my ignore list, but I couldn't help taking a peek at your post. And guess what? You reaffirmed my opinion of you. Why exactly was my post an incoherent ramble? Do you know what coherent means? It certainly wasn't rambling; it was actually brief and to the point. In the post you're referring to, I didn't reply to what you said earlier because I already had, and you ignored it. Pay close attention to this and see if you realize why I'm saying it: I will never have sex if the risks of unwanted pregnancy and STDs are present.

How can you tell me to come off my high horse and speak to you as an equal? I refrained from calling you an idiot until it was impossible to continue doing so, whereas you started insulting me right off the bat. You told me I didn't know what I was talking about the first time you saw a post of mine. I remained civil with you for a very long time, trying to get you to argue the issues, but you refused. Your hypocrisy is staring right at you, and I bet you still can't see it.

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 12-18-2005 at 03:31 PM.
the midas touch
Level 37
the midas touch's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hyphy Movement, USA
Posts: 3,516
Subtract from the midas touch's ReputationAdd to the midas touch's Reputation the midas touch is on the rise to fame the midas touch is on the rise to fame
#218
12-18-2005
Default

Ok. I just read everything up to here and I got a question for the Vrbas/.Ghost side:
If you love somebody, but aren't married to them, is having sex with them dirty? What if I've had a girlfriend for 4 years now and we truly love each other on more than just a physical level.

Also, Colostomizer, as beautiful as that post about personal reality was (and it really was well written), how does that apply to this topic? Is it in reference to Vrbas' comments on "we'll never find truth in this lifetime"?
Also, somewhere you mentioned an 'ultimate truth.' Doesn't that go against what you've been saying, as we'll never find an ultimate, absolute truth, but only personal truths?

Sorry if I'm making you answer questions that you already have. I might've forgotten your responses.



^my signature picture disappeared. How does I get it back?

If there were no reward
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would've walked away by now
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#219
12-18-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
.Ghost, within religion, it's fine to say that we shouldn't have sex because God said not to. Vrbas was making the argument that premarital sex is bad even outside of religion. So, what I've been trying to do for a while is show Vrbas that premarital sex is not wrong outside of religion. If you do bring religion into this debate, then I have to disprove religion, and there are other threads where that's going on.

It's natural for man to wonder why we're here. I'm not sure why you find that difficult to understand.

If you want to talk about the Big Bang, you should probably look into it a little more and have some idea of what you're talking about. The Big Bang did not create "perfect hamrony (your spelling error, not mine) in ecosystems." There is no perfect harmony in ecosystems. There weren't any atoms for a while after the Big Bang. It was too hot. Seriously, if you want to argue whether or not the Big Bang happened, you need to know at least a tiny bit about it. Do you know all the scientists in the world? Did you ask them all if they believe in God? You have no idea what you're talking about; you're just pulling stuff out of your ass. Please, stay out of the Debate Section until you gain some knowledge, because you're completely ignorant about everything you've tried to talk about so far.

You say that you believe in God, and yet you follow most of the Bible, the Koran, and the Torah. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all make exclusive truth-claims; they all say everyone else is wrong. You can't follow most of all three faiths. The fact that you say you do is all the more indication that you have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me, what exactly are your beliefs? Was Jesus resurrected from the dead? Did Muhammad ascend to Heaven on a winged horse? You can't pick and choose from multiple beliefs that make exclusive truth-claims.

Why are you asking what the impact of God was? Are you insinuating that atheists and agnostics are immoral animals? Human beings do not need God to live meaningful lives.

.Ghost, spend some time trying to figure out what the Big Bang was, and what makes religions different, and then come back to the Debate Section in a couple of years.

Well King Bond, I had you on my ignore list, but I couldn't help taking a peek at your post. And guess what? You reaffirmed my opinion of you. Why exactly was my post an incoherent ramble? Do you know what coherent means? It certainly wasn't rambling; it was actually brief and to the point. In the post you're referring to, I didn't reply to what you said earlier because I already had, and you ignored it. Pay close attention to this and see if you realize why I'm saying it: I will never have sex if the risks of unwanted pregnancy and STDs are present.

How can you tell me to come off my high horse and speak to you as an equal? I refrained from calling you an idiot until it was impossible to continue doing so, whereas you started insulting me right off the bat. You told me I didn't know what I was talking about the first time you saw a post of mine. I remained civil with you for a very long time, trying to get you to argue the issues, but you refused. Your hypocrisy is staring right at you, and I bet you still can't see it.
MAN error was saying that one religion is better than the rest.

I dont want to debate anymore becuase what you said is true, I dont know that much yet, i have not yet gotten a great amount of experience in life yet. But I dont believe in premarital sex and I do believe in god and following what he says, that I find acurate and not tampered by humans. And gods words in in all of the 3 major books. You say I'm pulling shit outta my ass, well I have talked to quite a few scientist and they all say the same. So I say you ae just bashing me becuase you think youe better.

One more thing I am gonna say. IGNORACE is bliss!

The End Im out.

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-18-2005 at 03:47 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#220
12-18-2005
Default

the midas touch, my post about personal reality was in response to Vrbas' comments about "truth in this lifetime." He was pretty much saying that with my beliefs, I can't ever know anything for sure. I was saying that you can know ultimate truths (although probably not about God). For example, it is an ultimate truth that I have a personal reality. It is an ultimate truth that I can think, that I can interact with my personal reality. So, you can know some ultimate truths. If I ever said that no ultimate truths can be known, then you either misunderstood me or I said something I didn't mean to.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off