Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
QuickPro
Level 29
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,579
Subtract from QuickPro's ReputationAdd to QuickPro's Reputation QuickPro is a novice
#1
10-31-2005
Default The Bible = FICTION

Quote:
Ok here is why the bible is real
1. If you are a christian, Jesus said the Bible was reliable, the ot
2. Prophecies made in the old testament came true in the new
3. Archaeology has confirmed the bible. There have been thousand's of discoveries made that confirm the truth of the bible, and not a single one has refuted it
4. Historical documents have confirmed the bible. there are more early Greek manuscripts for the New testament than for any other book from the ancient world.
5. The bible is the most influencial book in the world. The Bible has been translated into more languages, published more copies, and influenced more lives than any other book in the world.
6. The bible has amazing unity amid great diversity, even though there were 35 authors and it was in 2 languages and it took place over 1600 years (1500 B.C.-100 A.D.)
But the thing to remember is that even though the bible is infallible, we put total faith in Jesus, because he is the foundation of our faith.
Here is evidence that shows the absurdity of the Christian Bible:

Joshua 10:12-13 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Here the sun and the moon have been commanded to stand still in the sky, giving Joshua’s army more daylight to get it's killing done. This would be a great miracle to occur, if not for the fact that the sun does not move. The sun may be zipping through the galaxy at roughly 600,000 miles per hour, but relative to the earth, the sun is a stationary object. Of course, this great “miracle” supposedly occurred during a time when all the visible objects in the sky were thought to be revolving around the earth. Today, we know this is not the case. The author of this verse was unaware of this fact, and thought that this act of stopping the sun's motion in the sky would show God's great power.

Contradictions:
1.Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

2.Romans 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

3.John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time.
Exodus 33:20 Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God [Jesus], he hath seen the Father.
John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time.

Genesis 32:30 For I have seen God face to face.
Exodus 33:11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
Isaiah 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.


4.Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.
Psalm 14:3 There is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Job 1:1 There was a man . . . who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright.
Genesis 7:1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.


John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?


John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

****Jesus claims that he and God are the same being, but makes references that they are two separate entities.


Back to absurdities:
These are just a few of the atrocities committed by a supposedly omnibenevolent god:

Numbers 31:17-18 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Exodus 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the cattle.
****I wonder why Pharaoh did not die. He himself was a firstborn.

Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

The Christian Bible is a piece of fictitious literature and that's the truth, sorry to bust your bubble.

Last edited by QuickPro; 10-31-2005 at 05:11 PM.
xX Izzy
Level 24
xX Izzy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 725
Subtract from xX Izzy's ReputationAdd to xX Izzy's Reputation xX Izzy is a novice
#2
10-31-2005
Default

Believe what you'd like, but I don't think this necessarily refutes the Bible as a whole. There have been so many translations, changes, re-writes, and so on, that it's become essentially impossible to totally disprove the Bible, as a whole. Perhaps you can do so w/ certain renditions, but not the Bible in its entirety. That's just my view on it though. I'm not a big a Bible fan, but I still believe in the existence of God, somewhat akin to that of the typical Christian God. So discrepancies within the Bible aren't necessarily surprising, and seem quite possible; however, they don't render the whole idea of Christianity as false, which you or may or may not be attempting to do.

^Thanks Thorgasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liver biskets
lol izzy your posts are so long that i read about 3% of them. But thats why i like you ;)

Last edited by xX Izzy; 10-31-2005 at 02:25 PM.
XxDevastator
Level 31
XxDevastator's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: H2F Legend
Posts: 2,057
Subtract from XxDevastator's ReputationAdd to XxDevastator's Reputation XxDevastator is a novice
Send a message via AIM to XxDevastator Send a message via MSN to XxDevastator
#3
10-31-2005
Default

Im not a religous person andim not sure if there really is a god.....
My Account: BLaZe iZ BaCK
ekattan
Level 37
ekattan's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Posts: 3,640
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
#4
10-31-2005
Default

Dude most of what you study is high school is based form the Bible, is the best historical written reference to our past that we have. FACT!

I know some things seem ridiculous, but you look past the absurdity and there lies a very important message.


Last edited by ekattan; 10-31-2005 at 02:08 PM.
XxDevastator
Level 31
XxDevastator's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: H2F Legend
Posts: 2,057
Subtract from XxDevastator's ReputationAdd to XxDevastator's Reputation XxDevastator is a novice
Send a message via AIM to XxDevastator Send a message via MSN to XxDevastator
#5
10-31-2005
Default

Scopes monkey trial.....A guy gets fined for teaching evolution instead of the bible to students.....
My Account: BLaZe iZ BaCK
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#6
10-31-2005
Default

I dont believe in God. Science has already proven how everything came to be (w/o a God) but people try to keep the evolution FACT away from the public. Science has proven its side of the story. The bible is just a book that no one can really prove as a fact that someone magically walked on water or whatever. Sorry, my family is christian but i just dont believe it that stuff. I guess some people believe in it just because of the sense of hope in the worst of times. Like theres always someone there for them no matter what tragedy they go through. But thats all psychological and they make themselves think things like that.
xX Izzy
Level 24
xX Izzy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 725
Subtract from xX Izzy's ReputationAdd to xX Izzy's Reputation xX Izzy is a novice
#7
10-31-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros
I dont believe in God. Science has already proven how everything came to be (w/o a God) but people try to keep the evolution FACT away from the public. Science has proven its side of the story. The bible is just a book that no one can really prove as a fact that someone magically walked on water or whatever. Sorry, my family is christian but i just dont believe it that stuff. I guess some people believe in it just because of the sense of hope in the worst of times. Like theres always someone there for them no matter what tragedy they go through. But thats all psychological and they make themselves think things like that.
Believe it or not, I think there's a God not for spiritual reasons, but rather, because of the statiscal ones. Scientifically, the possibility of everything working out as perfectly as it did: a planet suitable for life, the human body forming as seemlessly as it had, and so on, seems so absolutely miniscule that I can't help but believe that it has been orchestrated in some manner. Just because evolution exists doesn't mean God doesn't exist - it somehow had to get there in the first place.

^Thanks Thorgasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liver biskets
lol izzy your posts are so long that i read about 3% of them. But thats why i like you ;)

Last edited by xX Izzy; 10-31-2005 at 03:22 PM.
pravoslavac92
Level 28
pravoslavac92's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I Live Near Nubit. I Thin
Posts: 1,074
Subtract from pravoslavac92's ReputationAdd to pravoslavac92's Reputation pravoslavac92 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to pravoslavac92 Send a message via MSN to pravoslavac92
#8
10-31-2005
Default

You are a dick believe what you want but I believe the Bible, Seeing isn't believing ok if you truly believe in God then you believe but if you ask

"The only way I am going to believe in God is if he comes to me and let me see Him."

That isn't faith so don't post this...and besides its your opinion not mine so have fun while you spend the rest of your life sinning

Cassius I cLaY I
Level 13
Cassius I cLaY I's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 172
Subtract from Cassius I cLaY I's ReputationAdd to Cassius I cLaY I's Reputation Cassius I cLaY I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Cassius I cLaY I
#9
10-31-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickPro
Here is evidence that shows the absurdity of the Christian Bible:

Joshua 10:12-13 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Here the sun and the moon have been commanded to stand still in the sky, giving Joshua’s army more daylight to get it's killing done. This would be a great miracle to occur, if not for the fact that the sun does not move. The sun may be zipping through the galaxy at roughly 600,000 miles per hour, but relative to the earth, the sun is a stationary object. Of course, this great “miracle” supposedly occurred during a time when all the visible objects in the sky were thought to be revolving around the earth. Today, we know this is not the case. The author of this verse was unaware of this fact, and thought that this act of stopping the sun's motion in the sky would show God's great power.

Contradictions:
1.Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

2.Romans 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

3.John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time.
Exodus 33:20 Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God [Jesus], he hath seen the Father.
John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time.

Genesis 32:30 For I have seen God face to face.
Exodus 33:11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
Isaiah 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.


4.Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.
Psalm 14:3 There is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Job 1:1 There was a man . . . who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright.
Genesis 7:1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.


John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?


John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

****Jesus claims that he and God are the same being, but makes references that they are two separate entities.


Back to absurdities:
These are just a few of the atrocities committed by a supposedly omnibenevolent god:

Numbers 31:17-18 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Exodus 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the cattle.
****I wonder why Pharaoh did not die. He himself was a firstborn.

Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Lastly, God raped Mary. Although this is a rash way of saying it, when did Mary approve of God concieving a child inside of her?

The Christian Bible is a piece of fictitious literature and that's the truth, sorry to bust your bubble.
Ok,calm down, take a deep breath and listen to me, all that you just said does not discredit the bible at ALL! The Bible is unlike any other book, in that throughout the whole book, everything has a context. So every example you just provided has no credibility because you did not give us the context. A text without a context is a pretext for trouble. The bible contradicts itself all the time, it is because verything has a different context, the reason that God is so vengeful in the old testament is because this gives us a picture of a vengeful, God, and God was protecting his people. The reason he had some people killed was because he needed establish himself among the people, just like when everyone that worshiped idols in Israel, when a good and just king came along, would be slaughtered and the idols would be detroyed, now you would think that the Bible is contradicting itself in the new testament when Jesus says that we should be all about love, but in the ot it is all about killing and stuff. Well the context was different in those situations, the bible is unlike the Quran in that in the Quran, THERE IS BASICALLY NO CO(NTEXT. Otherwise they would not be killing people for not believing the way that they do. And also, since when is the Bible a science book? Answer me that one. And lastly, we put our hope in Jesus and not the Bible, you still believe the bible and live out its commands, but when it comes down to it, it is all about Jesus. I hope that I have answered some questions for you, if not just ask me more.
Who wants the toasty luv?

CraftierPantz
Level 29
CraftierPantz's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,691
Subtract from CraftierPantz's ReputationAdd to CraftierPantz's Reputation CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame
#10
10-31-2005
Default

wow, Gods seriously gonna be pretty pissed when u say that He raped mary, wow, good job buddy



 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off