SeaHan
Wu-Tang Banga
Subtract from SeaHan's ReputationAdd to SeaHan's Reputation SeaHan is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SeaHan Send a message via Skype™ to SeaHan
01-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcontrall View Post
SPOILER KIND OF DONT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE GUARDIAN

The only part of that movie I thought was cheesy was at the very end.

Ashton recuses someone and the guy says "where is he he said he wouldt let go". That was a little over the top for me.
To me, the film seems like it relied too heavily on cliches. It did so much so that I couldn't help but feel like I'd seen the movie before, and it made for a forgettable film in my opinion.
Peng
Well you are a festizio.
Subtract from Peng's ReputationAdd to Peng's Reputation Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Peng Send a message via MSN to Peng
01-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Honestly when was the last time you watched Billy Madison? I saw it two days ago. It is not that good. Really.
Its a cult classic. And yes, I do find it amazing still. I can quote that movie from start to finish. (You think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. Swan.)

Edit: You have to review The Prestige. It's absolutely bamazing. (The "b" is added for extra appeal.)

Last edited by Peng; 01-30-2007 at 01:05 PM.
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
01-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHan View Post
To me, the film seems like it relied too heavily on cliches. It did so much so that I couldn't help but feel like I'd seen the movie before, and it made for a forgettable film in my opinion.
Agree. I thought it was a good film and better than I expected but the ending was something that everyone knew was coming.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-31-2007

I am looking forward to the Prestige quite a bit.

for now though. . .

Flyboys: B-

The action in this film was pretty good for what they had to work with. But the acting was subpar. This could of been such a good film that no one has really adequately tackled with new technology so we can really appreciate the air fights. Too bad they ruined it with the ok plot and sub-par acting. Hollywood dropped the ball on this one but still it was entertaining. I would recommend this film from a straight entertainment aspect as the historical aspect is based on a true story but not all that interesting.

Memphis Belle, Tuskeegee Airmen, and my god yes. . . Pearl Harbor were better films. With the first two on my list are absolutely excellent war flight films with excellent acting and great plots.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
SeaHan
Wu-Tang Banga
Subtract from SeaHan's ReputationAdd to SeaHan's Reputation SeaHan is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SeaHan Send a message via Skype™ to SeaHan
01-31-2007

Could you possibly give me your thoughts on Letters From Iwo Jima and The Fountain? I've been looking to see those two, but I'm going to wait for them to come out on DVD, so I was just curious as to what you think of them, that is, if you have seen them.

Thanks.
Peng
Well you are a festizio.
Subtract from Peng's ReputationAdd to Peng's Reputation Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Peng Send a message via MSN to Peng
01-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
I am looking forward to the Prestige quite a bit.
www.torrentspy.com

search "axxo prestige"
NDWolfWood15
Level 12
Subtract from NDWolfWood15's ReputationAdd to NDWolfWood15's Reputation NDWolfWood15 is a novice
02-03-2007

i need a review on smoking aces
YOU GOT BITE BY THE WOLF!
GT: NDWolfWood15

(one of my friends said) i refuse to play a game where one of the top best players is an 8 year old kid"

my youtube videos

im the baby gotta love me
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-06-2007

Night Listener: B

This film has the same feel as one hour photo and homosexuality. So if you are scared of either one of the two, one hour photos or homosexuals, then do not watch. The acting is amazing and the story is true. The plot itself is alright but there are a few holes in it that never really get cleared up from the back story, but that is a result that the real story did not have any answers. But as a movie I have to conlude that that brings down the rating of the film as a whole. As movies goes, this is a faster moving "slow" film that I would reconmend for a quiet movie at home or a couple date.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

MarkedAchilles
02-08-2007

Running with Scissors: A-

Great film. Great acting. This is an indie-type film so if you don't like sundance films you may not like this but it is a true story and very well done. I would recommend this film for any type of group under any sort of circumstances. It does take a more mature mind to really enjoy but I think it may be for all ages. I really don't have one complaint with this film. Especially since I was getting head for 20 minutes of it.

MarkedAchilles
02-08-2007

Flags of our Fathers: B

Good film about the soldiers that raised the flag at Iwo Jima in WWII. Decent action sequences with a compelling true story of the bru-ha that occured after the men were brought home. They each went through their own personal hell dealing with being called a hero for putting a pole in the earth after men had done the exact same thing a few hours prior. The acting is decent and the stand-out in my mind was Adam Beach. A compelling performance of an indian and the additional abuse he recieved because of that. But overall just ok on the acting. The film could of been a bit better with further plot development and acting but a great film overal. Very entertaining. Recommended for all.