Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
RedShift
Level 24
RedShift's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 737
Subtract from RedShift's ReputationAdd to RedShift's Reputation RedShift is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RedShift
#1
01-06-2008
Default To everyone christian....I am not (long, in-depth read)

I have always questioned religion...when I was younger I just accepted it, but as i grew into my teens and thought more about it..I've just sorta come to the conclusion that its simply a story...Maybe true, maybe not, maybe just in part. The only credible source we have is copies (which are the copies, of copies, of copies, of copies, of copies, of copies, of the original Bible...and they all conflict with eachother)...There is no evidence besides the fact that people simply Believe that the bible is true...The same as if someone told me that the sun actually generates no heat and I believed it simply from not knowing any better...

Anyways, I was reading a post \ (copied below) over a absurd topic, in another forum and came across this...Now this basicaly is all of my reasonings behind my stance on religion...And from now on..I will live my life without fear of devine retribution, with my head and my heart as my guide....

Read on


Re: Super Mario Galaxies: a homosexual recruiting tool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond
We don't need to. We only need to keep deleting them longer then you multiculturalism-brainwashed pawns keep reposting them.

Quote:
WTF?!

Hello all fake Christians. You say that it is sin to be proud and hypocritical yet you are "proud" to follow God? Saying it is allowed to be proud is hypocritical and that it self is a sin to you.

You believe in the Virgin Mary giving birth to a child while a virgin? News flash for you all, if Jesus was born, he'd be the son of Joseph or some random rapist that got hold of Mary on her way home.

The bible you know and follow? You also say to pass it's teachings? news flash for you all, it contradicts the old testament of the same book and there for inconclusive to use as evidence for your own belief. The fact that you still follow the book thinking they are the words of God, when written by a normal man to follow up the old testament which = why it contradicts the old one, is beyond all common sense and logic.

Another fact being is that you condemn the other Christians that believe in the same God. You both follow the same teachings but they spread the love of God while you spread and hate Japanese game developers. You also blame them and pass judgment when it is strictly said in the Bible that only he can pass judgment and that is when they meet their maker. If it is true that you are free to pass judgment, the contradicts Gods statement of him stating that all are equal and loved in his presence. How is all equal when you can also pass judgment?

Moses saw the burning bush, odd how only he can see it and you all take the word of one man. if this were to happen in todays world, you'd laugh at it. Liars of todays world are the same as liars of BC. You, as Christians can't think outside the box of religion. You CAN NOT question God or the teachings because you are trapped in this box. God, to exist, would need to have a beginning. All things need a beginning as our Universe has had a beginning. God and the Bible has failed to reveal or even mention God's creator or his creator's creator. This = not being true at all because all things have a beginning as well as an end.

The planet it self will end when the sin has used up all its fuel and begins to swell and engulf earth into an inferno. You make call this Hell on Earth if you want ha ha.

Then we have God's sin. God's ultimate sin that has been allowed to be overlooked by the boxed Christians.

God has committed murder to women, men, children and unborn children. God flooded the land and drowned them all. Why is he allowed to break his own laws? Do not dictators break their own laws or ignore them because they are better then average citizens? Did not God love all his children? Why does he pass judgment on those not born and end it all? He is a dictator by his own rules and considers him self better. How can one the sees him self better spread words of equality, truth and peace? because he can't.

God said "thou shall not kill" yet you kill microbes when breathing in? Does this not count as God's beautiful creatures? When you eat crops, they are alive before you harvest them yet you fail to see these living beings as living being and feed upon them.

Odd how one can follow God's rules yet those rules contradict the very meaning of life.

The old Testament was written by a normal man in BC. The new one was written in AD. Both by normal men. That is why the new one contradicts the old one.

Jesus, if anything, was a cult man. He probably brain washed the poor and weak of Roman times and formed Christianity. Odd, picture this, a man says he has received a vision by God and is seen as a liar and Cult leader. Odd how you CAN NOT question the truthfulness of Jesus and his highly unlikely "Hi, my mother was a virgin when she gave birth to me even though Joseph could be my father or some rapist could be, I'm the son of God and I will spread the teachings of him. I will then be killed for you all, even though you don't have to be a ****ing smart one to know a Cult leader would be executed. I expect my brainwashed brothers to wrote a book and spread the crap round. Most of the world hates Romans so they'll believe you no matter what crap you write."

Jesus was executed for crimes and a book was written some time later by a normal man. Yes you never question whether this normal man could be telling the truth. Compared to the old version of the Bible, it contradicts it like hell.

For there to be an afterlife, one would need a soul or something else, right? BS because there is no soul. For there to be a soul, it would have to be existent in this time. This means energy or matter for it. Due to their being no energy or matter proof of a soul, it can not possibly exist.

Can you remember what it was like before you were born? No? Maybe because you didn't exist? Yeah? Well bad news for you all, just as you were unaware of not being born, you are unaware of actually being dead. So, you do not know you are dead and you can not tell you can't know you are dead because you are not aware.

Due to the likely hood of an afterlife existing, the chanced for a God is even less likely.

Also, Christianity is a new religion compared to all the older ones. How come Scientology is quickly slapped and laughed at when Christianity, also a new one, is taken for all ti is worth? I know, because back then, people couldn't and didn't have the will power to question it. They were poor, hungry and desperate for a change and Jesus happened to come along and use his manipulative skills to use their misfortunes for his gain.

Of course, this is all total **** because even I doubt the Jesus and God part of this to be true. Why? Oh, I don't know, maybe because you are reading the words of an Atheist? I don't know about you but everything I said here seams to disprove everything about God's existence and still make more sense then the total crap you read.

Homosexuals? ha ha ah ah, wow, awesome, you say they are sinners yet I have yet to read a story of a homosexual pedophile or homosexual couple hurting/abusing their adopted children. Odd also how Christian priests seam to have a habit of sexual abusing children. Your pictures say all by the looks in your eyes. Sadness, hatred, vengeance and self love is in there. The fact that you all judge those who believe in another religion automatically removes you from being "real" Christians. You see your selfs as special from the rest and that is not what your God wanted at all.

I also happen to know the answer to a question Christians are so desperate to know: What is the meaning of life?

The answer: It ends.

Cold hearted fact of truth their because it will end and you live through life for it to later end.

God doesn't have a beginning = He doesn't exist.
Jesus = Virgin mother impossible = Total BS
Bible = Two version contradict each other = Can't be used to support anything.

Now, I can see your reactions simple as day. You are gonna read or not read all that and say: No, totally wrong, what a fool. Ha ha ha, remember when I said Christians can never think out side the box? Thank you for proving my point.

Now, Saint Lucifer...What can I theorize of him? Well, he's God's only Angel to back stab him. Odd how he is the only one to actually get mentioned to doing it in the Latin Bible. The One Winged Angel fell to earth and spread the evils of man. Odd, God could be a dictator. he breaks his own rules yet is allowed to go and get ignored by doing it. Maybe Saint Lucifer was one to see this? Nut nahhh, you're in the box remember? You are unable to think about it and question/compare it to what you already believe.

What else can I hit...Oh, Moses killed an Egyptian guard. He was unable to enter this land at the end because of that sin. Odd how God can drown and send his Angel of death to kill first borns. That is overlooked and completely ignored by Christians because you love hope.

Religion is only a cradle for you all to hide in. You have had a bad thing happen in your life or have been hurt by someone. Whether it be the loss of a loved one or maybe hurt in away and want the comfort of faith and hope, it all ends down to one thing.

Now, what you all gonna say? "Begone HATER OF GOD!!!" Wrong. I don;t hate God at all. I can't hate something that isn't real otherwise I would not be an Atheist.

However, that doesn't stop me from hating idiots like you lot.

From:> Dark Sephiroth, Alistar, Forgive-me, Peace-full, Jon, Lucifer, Hitler, Saddam, Bin Laden and all the Japanese people.XD
I should add, that after a incredible, self-ritchous (spelling?) tirade over 100 pages long, NONE of these "Pastors" commented on this post...When they commented on every post made in that thread.

"You ride to certain death"
"All death is certain"
-Kingdom of Heaven (Movie)

"Reach for the starts, you may never reach them, but at least you will get a good stretch in the process."- R.A. Salvatore

"There is wisdom in innocence, a vein of truth in the idealism of untainted perceptions."
- R.A. Salvatore

<3

Last edited by RedShift; 01-06-2008 at 01:59 AM.
`NthErik.
Amokläufer
`NthErik.'s Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 9,263
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
#2
01-06-2008
Default

You realise that the Landover Baptist Church site is satirical, right?

RedShift
Level 24
RedShift's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 737
Subtract from RedShift's ReputationAdd to RedShift's Reputation RedShift is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RedShift
#3
01-06-2008
Default

Yes, but after reading this post it solidified what I had already herd throught my life, and what i've come to realise on my own.

I know this is only ONE persons opinion/information...But i've herd this all before, just different times & places. Reading it all together in one place is different.

I've always thought that there is no real evidence besides a book written by someone, and word of moulth that there is a god...I do not dought that Jesus Christ is a real person in history. But burning bush? God? Parting of the sea?..please.

BUT...at the same time...I keep thinking to myself "This many people CAN't be wrong...right?"...Then i remembered one of the themes to a great book I read some time ago...."People are stupid".

And hey, if there ends up being an afterlife and god or some other devine omnipresent being does exist and is waiting for me...I will kneel and apologise for my sins..

Last edited by RedShift; 01-06-2008 at 02:15 AM.
uF_xPROPANEx
Level 14
uF_xPROPANEx's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 205
Subtract from uF_xPROPANEx's ReputationAdd to uF_xPROPANEx's Reputation uF_xPROPANEx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to uF_xPROPANEx Send a message via MSN to uF_xPROPANEx
#4
01-07-2008
Default

I love the person who first wrote that
i dont understand the homosexual part in Christianity.
They wont except them in their churches because they like the same sex?
Who gives a sh*t if they lik men. As long as they arent tryin to get with me i dnt have a problem

I play football my team was 2nd in state
I'm flyer than a Eagle
myspace.com/timeline64
add me up lets talk
gt= iRush x
aim= wdh FRESH

Last edited by uF_xPROPANEx; 01-07-2008 at 02:44 PM.
QuadPrism
Level 28
QuadPrism's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: did u check under ur bed?
Posts: 1,406
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
#5
01-07-2008
Default

Quote:
WTF?!

Hello all fake Christians. You say that it is sin to be proud and hypocritical yet you are "proud" to follow God? Saying it is allowed to be proud is hypocritical and that it self is a sin to you.
what it means by being proud is feeling that God is useless. In the same way here where many people feel they are very smart for not believing and make fun of anyone that has a religion.

Quote:
You believe in the Virgin Mary giving birth to a child while a virgin? News flash for you all, if Jesus was born, he'd be the son of Joseph or some random rapist that got hold of Mary on her way home.
Mary was came upon by the Holy Spirit. Her virgin birth to Jesus was a miracle. It says this quite clearly in every gospel.

Quote:
The bible you know and follow? You also say to pass it's teachings? news flash for you all, it contradicts the old testament of the same book and there for inconclusive to use as evidence for your own belief. The fact that you still follow the book thinking they are the words of God, when written by a normal man to follow up the old testament which = why it contradicts the old one, is beyond all common sense and logic.
One of the reasons Jesus was sent was to change the view of the Old Testament. Read the Bible, and you'll understand.

Quote:
Another fact being is that you condemn the other Christians that believe in the same God. You both follow the same teachings but they spread the love of God while you spread and hate Japanese game developers. You also blame them and pass judgment when it is strictly said in the Bible that only he can pass judgment and that is when they meet their maker. If it is true that you are free to pass judgment, the contradicts Gods statement of him stating that all are equal and loved in his presence. How is all equal when you can also pass judgment?
Well I don't. I leave the judging to God.

Quote:
Moses saw the burning bush, odd how only he can see it and you all take the word of one man. if this were to happen in todays world, you'd laugh at it. Liars of todays world are the same as liars of BC.
We take the word of Moses and more importantly the word of God. Christians believe God influenced the authorship of the Bible so really it was God who wrote about the burning bush.

Quote:
You, as Christians can't think outside the box of religion. You CAN NOT question God or the teachings because you are trapped in this box. God, to exist, would need to have a beginning. All things need a beginning as our Universe has had a beginning. God and the Bible has failed to reveal or even mention God's creator or his creator's creator. This = not being true at all because all things have a beginning as well as an end
.
[/QUOTE]

God does not exist in this universe so he is not limited to time/space/matter. God did come to this universe before however where he was called Jesus and was limited to time/space/matter.

Quote:
The planet it self will end when the sin has used up all its fuel and begins to swell and engulf earth into an inferno. You make call this Hell on Earth if you want ha ha.
ok

Quote:
Then we have God's sin. God's ultimate sin that has been allowed to be overlooked by the boxed Christians.
technically God cant sin because that would be going against his own will.

Quote:
God has committed murder to women, men, children and unborn children. God flooded the land and drowned them all. Why is he allowed to break his own laws? Do not dictators break their own laws or ignore them because they are better then average citizens? Did not God love all his children? Why does he pass judgment on those not born and end it all? He is a dictator by his own rules and considers him self better. How can one the sees him self better spread words of equality, truth and peace? because he can't.
Its God's creation, he has a right to get rid of it as he wants. Why is he allowed to break his own laws? because he didn't make any.
Quote:
God said "thou shall not kill" yet you kill microbes when breathing in? Does this not count as God's beautiful creatures? When you eat crops, they are alive before you harvest them yet you fail to see these living beings as living being and feed upon them.
By now it is obvious this person has not taken any real time to study the Bible and statements like these show up. God gave us dominance over all living things besides humans. According to the Bible we are allowed to kill them for our own use. This answers both of his questions.

Quote:
Odd how one can follow God's rules yet those rules contradict the very meaning of life.
Odd how this person feels he knows the Bible when he hasn't read or studied any of it

Quote:
The old Testament was written by a normal man in BC. The new one was written in AD. Both by normal men. That is why the new one contradicts the old one.

Jesus, if anything, was a cult man. He probably brain washed the poor and weak of Roman times and formed Christianity. Odd, picture this, a man says he has received a vision by God and is seen as a liar and Cult leader. Odd how you CAN NOT question the truthfulness of Jesus and his highly unlikely "Hi, my mother was a virgin when she gave birth to me even though Joseph could be my father or some rapist could be, I'm the son of God and I will spread the teachings of him. I will then be killed for you all, even though you don't have to be a ****ing smart one to know a Cult leader would be executed. I expect my brainwashed brothers to wrote a book and spread the crap round. Most of the world hates Romans so they'll believe you no matter what crap you write."
funny how he never said any of those things. He brought people to believe through his knowledge and miracles. Most of the world hates Romans, so do Romans hate Romans? well according to this person they do because Christianity became the official religion of Rome

Quote:
Jesus was executed for crimes and a book was written some time later by a normal man. Yes you never question whether this normal man could be telling the truth. Compared to the old version of the Bible, it contradicts it like hell.
why does he keep saying contradicts? it appears he doesn't even know the meaning of the word. the Gospels letters and books of the old testament were based on many eye witnessed accounts.

Quote:
For there to be an afterlife, one would need a soul or something else, right? BS because there is no soul. For there to be a soul, it would have to be existent in this time. This means energy or matter for it. Due to their being no energy or matter proof of a soul, it can not possibly exist.
We have immortal souls, saying there will be an after life to us. Basically this means we have the ability to choose right from wrong. Animals on the other hand do not, for they cannot choose right form wrong.

Quote:
Can you remember what it was like before you were born? No? Maybe because you didn't exist? Yeah? Well bad news for you all, just as you were unaware of not being born, you are unaware of actually being dead. So, you do not know you are dead and you can not tell you can't know you are dead because you are not aware. Due to the likely hood of an afterlife existing, the chanced for a God is even less likely.
The Bible makes it quite aware to us.

Quote:
Also, Christianity is a new religion compared to all the older ones. How come Scientology is quickly slapped and laughed at when Christianity, also a new one, is taken for all ti is worth? I know, because back then, people couldn't and didn't have the will power to question it. They were poor, hungry and desperate for a change and Jesus happened to come along and use his manipulative skills to use their misfortunes for his gain.
Quote:
Of course, this is all total **** because even I doubt the Jesus and God part of this to be true. Why? Oh, I don't know, maybe because you are reading the words of an Atheist? I don't know about you but everything I said here seams to disprove everything about God's existence and still make more sense then the total crap you read.
Everything he said here seems to disprove your intelligence of the Bible.

Quote:
Homosexuals? ha ha ah ah, wow, awesome, you say they are sinners yet I have yet to read a story of a homosexual pedophile or homosexual couple hurting/abusing their adopted children. Odd also how Christian priests seam to have a habit of sexual abusing children. Your pictures say all by the looks in your eyes. Sadness, hatred, vengeance and self love is in there. The fact that you all judge those who believe in another religion automatically removes you from being "real" Christians. You see your selfs as special from the rest and that is not what your God wanted at all.
I dont call them sinners, thats God's choice

Quote:
I also happen to know the answer to a question Christians are so desperate to know: What is the meaning of life?

The answer: It ends. Cold hearted fact of truth their because it will end and you live through life for it to later end
Why would any Christian be desperate to know the meaning of life. Most actually understand the Bible and their faith.

.
Quote:
God doesn't have a beginning = He doesn't exist.
Jesus = Virgin mother impossible = Total BS
Bible = Two version contradict each other = Can't be used to support anything.
God doesnt need a beginning
Jesus = conceived through the Holy Spirit
And he hasnt given any example of what hes talking about.
Quote:
Now, I can see your reactions simple as day. You are gonna read or not read all that and say: No, totally wrong, what a fool. Ha ha ha, remember when I said Christians can never think out side the box? Thank you for proving my point.
this guy is a total fool and i showed how

Quote:
Now, Saint Lucifer...What can I theorize of him? Well, he's God's only Angel to back stab him. Odd how he is the only one to actually get mentioned to doing it in the Latin Bible. The One Winged Angel fell to earth and spread the evils of man. Odd, God could be a dictator. he breaks his own rules yet is allowed to go and get ignored by doing it. Maybe Saint Lucifer was one to see this? Nut nahhh, you're in the box remember? You are unable to think about it and question/compare it to what you already believe.
God also gave angels free will.

Quote:
What else can I hit...Oh, Moses killed an Egyptian guard. He was unable to enter this land at the end because of that sin. Odd how God can drown and send his Angel of death to kill first borns. That is overlooked and completely ignored by Christians because you love hope.
moses repented for his sin, and thus forgiven. about the death of the first borns, same rule applies as the flood.


Quote:
However, that doesn't stop me from hating idiots like you lot.
I think i can stop here. Redshift, this guy does not know anything of the Bible or the religion. you yourself dont seem like you do either. Just goes to show the importance of Church and a Catholic education.

Last edited by QuadPrism; 01-07-2008 at 10:27 AM.
RedShift
Level 24
RedShift's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 737
Subtract from RedShift's ReputationAdd to RedShift's Reputation RedShift is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RedShift
#6
01-07-2008
Default

No I havent read the bible to awnser your question. I have no intention too at the moment either. Good post. But it doesn't change my opinion in the least.
General AI
Eats Small Children
General AI's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Oh crap, I'm lost!
Posts: 3,022
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
#7
01-07-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by `NthErik. View Post
You realise that the Landover Baptist Church site is satirical, right?
Yea, you can kinda realize that when there's a thread entitled "Accept Jesus as your savior and get a free PS3!"

In fact me and Cursed had an interesting short convo on that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI
Is the site the guy posted on the religion website actually satirical?
It is. It's a play on Westboro and the Phelps family.
Nice, I'm gonna go there and pretend to be a super hard core christian...

You wanna try that too?
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.
LOL! As SOON as I accepted the email they sent me I was permanently banned!

JESUS HATES ME!
Well you ARE a Muslim.
Great idea!

I'm gonna go bomb the site!
I'll get Arkive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#8
01-07-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShift View Post
No I havent read the bible to awnser your question. I have no intention too at the moment either. Good post. But it doesn't change my opinion in the least.
I do recommend reading it. As well as all the other religious texts. They are beautifully written. Especially the Koran and the Jewish Texts.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
BiShoP's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 1,827
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
#9
01-08-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShift View Post
No I havent read the bible to awnser your question. I have no intention too at the moment either. Good post. But it doesn't change my opinion in the least.
First and foremost, you really have no reason to be up in arms about Christianity if you haven't even read that which you are arguing for. I would really recommend reading the Bible before arguing for a viewpoint criticizing the text written by someone who probably hasn't even read the Bible himself.

Wow, the quality of due diligence is really faltering, wouldn't you agree Marked?
H 2 F R e G s
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
E Nomini Patri's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 566
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
#10
01-08-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
First and foremost, you really have no reason to be up in arms about Christianity if you haven't even read that which you are arguing for. I would really recommend reading the Bible before arguing for a viewpoint criticizing the text written by someone who probably hasn't even read the Bible himself.

Wow, the quality of due diligence is really faltering, wouldn't you agree Marked?
Have you read and considered the Quran before adopting Christianity? The Tanach? The Book of Mormon? The Baghavad Gita (sp???)? Any of the other supposedly divinely inspired texts?

I am just curious, there are other books that claim to be the divinely inspired word of God. I want to know what makes them wrong and the Bible right.


Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off