Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
01-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
No a theory is something we come up with in a bar bathroom during the super scientist circle jerk.
I wrote mine on the napkin we used to "clean up"
Busy, busy, busy
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
01-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasso95 View Post
my debate is, I say god made the world in six days and on the sixth day he created man. Evolution states that over millions of years we evolved from monkeys ( primates ). But in evolution, there is a missing link. In creation the only accounts were of God( father, Son and Holy Spirt.)
What missing link? Scientists can trace our evolution back about 5 million years, and even when we go back that far, it's pretty clear who our ancestors were. Have you ever actually learned about evolution? No missing link actually exists. Whoever told you that either lied to you, or hadn't themselves been properly educated on the subject of evolution.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
01-31-2008

Quote:
my debate is, I say god made the world in six days and on the sixth day he created man. Evolution states that over millions of years we evolved from monkeys ( primates ). But in evolution, there is a missing link. In creation the only accounts were of God( father, Son and Holy Spirt.)
Do you not understand that anybody can tell a story, and because you don't understand it, they simply tell you "don't question it, because that is just how it is".? Seriously, the ONLY evidence of this B.S. story about god is the fact that the body of jesus was not found in the tomb. So obviously he rose from the dead and flew away with his super duper powers.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-31-2008

Quote:
Wow. You really don't meet people like you too often.

What is your age and education level?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-01-2008

Quote:
i see by this post that this is only for evolutionist. nobody considers it because u r all retarted scientist who could care less that u r going to hell so im not posting on this debate fourm again.
Either way just as good I guess . . .

Didn't really want my question answered.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Dom 1s Lucky
Level 30
Subtract from Dom 1s Lucky's ReputationAdd to Dom 1s Lucky's Reputation Dom 1s Lucky is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Dom 1s Lucky
02-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
Pwned... I mean, seriously, saying something like that? cthulu4769, could you please, using your obviously superior intellect, explain exactly why evolution doesn't occur?

Now, as for the where the single celled organsim originally came from, I have read about experiments done in an attempt to recreate early Earth environments. Some of them ended up producing organic compounds (not living things, but things common in life). Some of the naturally occuring molecules, with hydorphilic and hydrophobic ends, form bubbles, similar to a cell membrane. Of course, there is no life present there, but a basic skeleton is set up. Here's Wikipedia's article on it. There are several places where errors may've been made, but it's always good to remain open to an idea.
I also recommend Wikipedia's page on evolution. It tells several common misconceptions, like that of differences between "macro-evolution" and "micro-evolution"
wikipedia isnt a credible source
Dom 1s Lucky
Level 30
Subtract from Dom 1s Lucky's ReputationAdd to Dom 1s Lucky's Reputation Dom 1s Lucky is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Dom 1s Lucky
02-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
For what he posted, it is.
its (wikipedia)never credible unless its taken from another source
MarkedAchilles
02-14-2008

Wikipedia's content may be changed without the citations altered, added, or deleted.

Thus it is not a credible source.

The references may be credible, but you have to get them in their original format.

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
02-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Wikipedia's content may be changed without the citations altered, added, or deleted.

Thus it is not a credible source.

The references may be credible, but you have to get them in their original format.
Talkorigins, however, is a fantastic source. It's completely authored by PhD's, and has mountains of information from PhD's within their own fields, ie, evolutionary biologists writing about evolution, and astrophysicists writing about physics, and biochemists writing about abiogenesis. It's THE ONLY internet source I trust. . .call me old fashion if you'd like, but there are just too many dipshits on the internet who think they know more about science than scientists (answers in genesis is a perfect example. . .).
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
BooKa ShaDe
Still level 32
Subtract from BooKa ShaDe's ReputationAdd to BooKa ShaDe's Reputation BooKa ShaDe is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BooKa ShaDe
02-17-2008

http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11658772106

What to make of this?

P.S. Neshaminy is my high school.