Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
I DaSany I
Level 29
I DaSany I's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Outside
Posts: 1,552
Subtract from I DaSany I's ReputationAdd to I DaSany I's Reputation I DaSany I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I DaSany I
#441
01-30-2008
Default

One big reason why some people do not think evolution is true is because they do not see evolution everyday. These are the people who don't know that it takes millions of years of physical and environmental change for evolution to occur. For us to PROVE that evolution is really true we have to witness evolution first hand in our own species. We see evolution with bacteria all of the time. Same with viruses.

However with our species it would take something like a nuclear winter or something to separate and form separate species.

Darwin had the example of the finches in the Galapagos Islands. Even though the finches were all of the same species they had different characteristics depending on what Island they were from.


I have no idea how anything I just said matters with anything else... I just wanted to review some random stuff from bio class last week....

<3

Evolution is true. Look at a fossil or a chimpanzees DNA and compare it with our own and tell me it is not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyze View Post
I'll be honest, I think I may have a food fetish. Like, in sexual ways. Masterbating with gummy worms feels like the f.cking real thing. I've done it twice and nothing matches it.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#442
01-30-2008
Default

We've witnessed evolution in other species, like insects, very often.
Busy, busy, busy
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#443
01-30-2008
Default

Big fuzzy animals too.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
I DaSany I
Level 29
I DaSany I's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Outside
Posts: 1,552
Subtract from I DaSany I's ReputationAdd to I DaSany I's Reputation I DaSany I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I DaSany I
#444
01-30-2008
Default

When?
Im not counting mutations. Over time our population has become immune to some kinds of diseases yes. Im was talking about physical change. As in the phenotype. We have sorta evolved genetically.. i guess?

edit: oopps! I didn't read our comment correctly NG sorry.
What kind of evolutionary changes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyze View Post
I'll be honest, I think I may have a food fetish. Like, in sexual ways. Masterbating with gummy worms feels like the f.cking real thing. I've done it twice and nothing matches it.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#445
01-30-2008
Default

Not talking about us.
Busy, busy, busy
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#446
01-30-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasso95 View Post
why because i am a lutheran?
no free speach?
i f this fourm is for evolutionists only the i will leave
This is a section for debate.

If you are not here to debate.

Then leave.

Other wise you have to make a point or an argument.

You have not, you are just quoting scripture. We require evidence in this section and ESPECIALLY with scientific topics which are obviously beyond you at this point.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#447
01-30-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasso95 View Post
I'm not giong to belive evolution

God made the world the same
ex: a rats blood is the ame as a humans! but evolution says we r from monkeys
That's not what evolution says at all. You're being ignorant.

Quote:
1, its a therory
2. god made gravity; somting we cant understand like god himselfs
I can't count how many times what I'm about to say has been posted.

A theory is the strongest explanation in Science

Furthermore, if god can't be understood, why are you so comfortable asserting things about him?

Quote:
why because i am a lutheran?
no free speach?
i f this fourm is for evolutionists only the i will leave
This forum is for debate. You've provided no debate; you're just covering your eyes and ears and singing loudly to yourself. You've shown you don't know a damn thing about evolution. You haven't provided any cited sources for your claims. You've made no argument.


If you don't start debating properly, I'll just remove your access to this section.
Busy, busy, busy
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#448
01-30-2008
Default

The thing that pisses me off the most is when people throw the word "theory" around without knowing wtf it means. You say "it's just a theory" like if theory = a simple guess.
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#449
01-30-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
The thing that pisses me off the most is when people throw the word "theory" around without knowing wtf it means. You say "it's just a theory" like if theory = a simple guess.
No a theory is something we come up with in a bar bathroom during the super scientist circle jerk.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#450
01-30-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
No a theory is something we come up with in a bar bathroom during the super scientist circle jerk.
Lol, yeah that sounds more interesting. That's something I do frequently with my atheist friends on the weekends. These religious pricks got everything figured out. Science is a bunch of bullshit theories, and their religion is a book full of fairy tales.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off