Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
I don't know if anyone has read Dan Brown's Angles and Demons, but it talks about an interesting theory of creation, if this is the place to have a small discussion about it.

They explain that the "Big Bang" theory was cause when anti-matter combined with matter, which caused this random result of a universe.

If anyone has read it, I can have a better conversation. I don't really know what I am trying to say here, but it is an interesting theory.

EDIT : No 10 posts in a row for you, Marked!
There was no matter before the big bang, so no we can't have a better conversation.

Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
10-02-2007

Finally, MarkedAchilles appears. That was a whopping quadruple double post, plus one. I merged them for you.
Busy, busy, busy
MsTkEyes
Pu$$yrich
Subtract from MsTkEyes's ReputationAdd to MsTkEyes's Reputation MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
It has been observed.

And yes it is life from non-living matter. All life is made up of chemicals.
I thought that living things can only come from other living things (biogenisis)? Unless I'm misinterpreting something.
~up, up, up, up, up, up, up~

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTkEyes View Post
I thought that living things can only come from other living things (biogenisis)? Unless I'm misinterpreting something.
Not at all. The main component of life - the thing that all life must have - is just a fairly simple chain of amino acids and sugars (by simple, I mean chemically. No special chemical laws apply to RNA and DNA). It was thought for a long time that organic compounds could only come from living things, but that was dispelled in the early 1800's.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
Finally, MarkedAchilles appears. That was a whopping quadruple double post, plus one. I merged them for you.
I hate merging. It is beneath me, against my religion . . . . and I am lazy.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
I hate merging. It is beneath me, against my religion . . . . and I am lazy.
And you're not a mod
Busy, busy, busy
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
And you're not a mod
(beneath me)

tee hee

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTkEyes View Post
Which element on the periodic table is alive?

Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
Which element on the periodic table is alive?
didnt u knw crbn is totly live man cant have life w/o crbn.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeRoNuS View Post
Simple; Where the f.ck we came from. Can a Scientist have hard evidence of his theory? Can a Christian have hard evidence of his theory? There is literally no confirmed answer to how we got here. Of course, everyone has their right to believe in what they want to believe in. I'm not saying that a Christian or Scientist is completely stupid. On my part, I don't see anything true coming out of both of their theories. Mainly because; "How would they know?" To me, it's impossible for a selected group of people to know where we came from and how the hell we got here.

Summed up; I don't believe in evolution, I don't believe in God. I believe in that I'm here... and that's it. I don't need to know how I got here, where I came from, or whatever.
Ok. I still don't quite understand what you were saying.

The reasoning for defining G_d as the basis of reality is that whatever reality is, it must exist, since we can verify at least one existing thing. If G_d is separate from reality, then there must be some sort of system connecting the two, and that goes against the concept of G_d being the highest possible abstraction.

As for where we came from, it might give us a good idea of where we're going. Plus it's just nice to know.

Assuming we know, though, is silly.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar