Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > Creators Platform

Display Modes Thread Tools
RoboSteeze
Level 37
Subtract from RoboSteeze's ReputationAdd to RoboSteeze's Reputation RoboSteeze is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RoboSteeze
01-25-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyleragent View Post
Nice real dude. So you are going in the market as a type of servicer? basically making 3d promos/visualizations for small companies?
I'd like to freelance projects for companies if I had enough clients to keep me afloat. But I'm moreso shooting for a job in a studio environment.

Quote:
Looking back on the reel and your website, I would put in the dorm room and that kitchen in your reel if you can, over the alley. The alley is just really poorly textured and lit, and the other projects are much much better. Even if they are just stills, put it in there.
How can I make the alley better? The dorm room has crap textures n the house has no textures..i'm definitely gonna put both in when I get time tho.
3D services, mentoring, etc! Send me a PM

Aim: RobotikDesigns

tyleragent
Level 28
Subtract from tyleragent's ReputationAdd to tyleragent's Reputation tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
01-25-2015

The alley just seems a little plain. I would start by looking up some really interesting reference for an idea and go from there. Start by putting in more geometry (trash, other objects) and then work on the lighting. That front part with the boards especially looks pretty flat, which I think is do to some big blue light you have in the front and in the back. Try making that smaller so you get some more shadows and darker areas for more contrast. Lastly I would work on the texturing of your new objects. The bricks on the right should be a lot bigger, and for both sides of the bricks as well as the ground you can tell that the textures are tiled, which is what you want to avoid at alll costs. Also I would throw some displacement on the bricks and bump on the pavement. Wood crates on your website look so good, just try to get your new objects at that level. I know you can do it, it just takes a lot of trial and error.
RoboSteeze
Level 37
Subtract from RoboSteeze's ReputationAdd to RoboSteeze's Reputation RoboSteeze is a novice
01-26-2015

Quote:
The alley just seems a little plain. I would start by looking up some really interesting reference for an idea and go from there. Start by putting in more geometry (trash, other objects) and then work on the lighting. That front part with the boards especially looks pretty flat, which I think is do to some big blue light you have in the front and in the back. Try making that smaller so you get some more shadows and darker areas for more contrast. Lastly I would work on the texturing of your new objects. The bricks on the right should be a lot bigger, and for both sides of the bricks as well as the ground you can tell that the textures are tiled, which is what you want to avoid at alll costs. Also I would throw some displacement on the bricks and bump on the pavement. Wood crates on your website look so good, just try to get your new objects at that level. I know you can do it, it just takes a lot of trial and error.
Are you referring to the images or the video? Cuz in the video I added some more objects and fixed the stone texture on the right. But yea i agree, it needs more. I really wanted to add trash but couldn't figure out a good way of doing it. Modeling an entire pile of cups/bags/crap would take forever. IDK i did it for a school project so I probably won't work on it more, just because it'd take another week to render, especially if I added displacement. I actually made the wood pallets first, then the dumpster. U can kinda see how I got sloppier towards the end lol

tyleragent
Level 28
Subtract from tyleragent's ReputationAdd to tyleragent's Reputation tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
01-26-2015

I was looking at the video. But yeah I don't blame you for worrying about the taking the time to model and the render time. Luckily I am still in school and we have a 400 computer render farm to use, so yeah lol. I would say maybe just move on and take with you what you have learned and make something better.
RoboSteeze
Level 37
01-26-2015

Totally unrelated: Yesterday I was messing around with Maya's vector renderer. I made this as a test. I then cleaned up the resulting paths in illustrator and added fills and strokes, then uploaded it as a responsive SVG. The illustrator file is 32x32px, and as u can see, it remains all crisp n vector-y in the browser. Pretty cool if ya ask me. Reason I looked into this is because I eventually want to create really intricate 3d looking vector icons, but am not that great at Illustrator. So I can potentially model a true 3d version, then just clean it up in Illustrator and have a perfect icon, that has true 3D perspective, and display it cleanly at any size online.

Last edited by RoboSteeze; 01-26-2015 at 12:50 AM.
HALZRED
Level 42
Subtract from HALZRED's ReputationAdd to HALZRED's Reputation HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica
01-28-2015

2 MINUTES left of gameplay to edit...

feels so good man
Mark.
Level 15
Subtract from Mark.'s ReputationAdd to Mark.'s Reputation Mark. is legendary Mark. is legendary Mark. is legendary
01-28-2015

Does anybody have and is willing to give me just misc. Halo 2 classic/vista angles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod
I'm not gonna rage for the rest of this year
Puba
Coffee & Cigarettes
Subtract from Puba's ReputationAdd to Puba's Reputation Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Puba
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
01-29-2015

lies, it was 3 triangles

thats my kinda shit tho, good stuff

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
Fuzon
Level 36
Subtract from Fuzon's ReputationAdd to Fuzon's Reputation Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Fuzon
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix View Post
can anyone help me remember the name of the css fragvid that used this song:

damn I remember this, classic

That reel was sick robo. I need to put an editing reel together. I have some decent footage but its basically to get me into narrative/film editing.

^^