Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post

edit: whoever wins between evans and rampage, gets to fight for the LHW title! i'm hoping for a shogun and rampage rematch!!!! haha
For the next two weeks after TUF they're doing the build up to Rashad vs Rampage. The first one was this past Wednesday, im pretty sure you can see it at UFC.com if you missed it. It's pretty entertaining stuff.

I got featured on Insider Moves on Inside Xbox this week
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenZenSin View Post
For the next two weeks after TUF they're doing the build up to Rashad vs Rampage. The first one was this past Wednesday, im pretty sure you can see it at UFC.com if you missed it. It's pretty entertaining stuff.
Those videos a terrible tbh, and the whole drama fighters create to sale more tickets is just getting dumb now. You can see the terrible acting and it always ends the same way. The talk soooo much shit, nearly get into a fist fight before the official fight, then they fight in the octagon, and finally after the fight they end up kissing and congratulating each other like they didn't just hate each other a few minutes ago.

I swear it's turning into a WWE-esque soap opera now, just for a few more sales I guess.
Gift of Gab
Level 23
Subtract from Gift of Gab's ReputationAdd to Gift of Gab's Reputation Gift of Gab is a novice
05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium View Post
Of course he is. Aren't you? The UFC has the best fighters. Period. Barring a small select few, the best fighters in the world all fight in the UFC. So why would anyone who's a fan of the sport not want to see him fighting top tier competition 3 times a year?
Yes I would love to see Fedor in the UFC. And while I agree the UFC has the best talent pool, there is no doubt that the UFC also hypes up some fighters like a motherfucker.

Quote:
I wouldn't say he's washed up, but he's fighting once a year, and he's not exactly fighting top flight competition.
Again I agree with you, but I still don't think Fedor has much say in it.

Quote:
Which is a total farce. Rogers only credible win is over glass jawed Arlovski.
He was arguably beating Fedor before getting KTFO. And there are plently of fighters in the UFC who are considered good or great that lack "credible" wins. Or if you want to go off sherdog rankings like Riot, he is in the heavyweight top 10. Not that those are really official.

And I hope he kills Overroid.

Quote:
How can he have no say? Who do you think employs his management? If he wanted to fight when and where he wanted to he could. If his management wasn't representing his interests he would fire them. Fedor chooses to fight once a year against and out of the UFC.
Long been rumored and accused of Fedor and M-1 having mafia ties..

riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
Those videos a terrible tbh, and the whole drama fighters create to sale more tickets is just getting dumb now. You can see the terrible acting and it always ends the same way. The talk soooo much sh.t, nearly get into a fist fight before the official fight, then they fight in the octagon, and finally after the fight they end up kissing and congratulating each other like they didn't just hate each other a few minutes ago.

I swear it's turning into a WWE-esque soap opera now, just for a few more sales I guess.
i agree with you on this..they take it too far sometimes, but i admit i like to hear what they have to say and know where/ how they're training, etc etc.

edit: i watched overeem vs rogers earlier today and I'm glad to see Rogers loose lol. he talked sh.t about Alistair and he pretty much got dominated & lost again in the first round. now all that's left is for Fedor to beat Werdum, and then it will hopefully finally be Fedor vs. Overeem

edit 2: I made a couple changes on the 2nd post on the 1st page.. let me know if its good and let me know if you'd like to see anything there. it's pretty much to add whatever will make this thread better while still keeping it organized

Last edited by riot; 05-18-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Edrix
Making it Second Nature
Subtract from Edrix's ReputationAdd to Edrix's Reputation Edrix is a novice
05-18-2010

I want the UFC to pick up Overeem.
Member # 2332

Edrix
(ed-dricks)
NOT (e-dricks)

Member of Team Quest MMA
Could have happened lol.
riot
Level 41
05-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrix View Post
I want the UFC to pick up Overeem.
Fedor also. They can finally fight in both their UFC debut, that would be sick lol
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
Those videos a terrible tbh, and the whole drama fighters create to sale more tickets is just getting dumb now. You can see the terrible acting and it always ends the same way. The talk soooo much sh.t, nearly get into a fist fight before the official fight, then they fight in the octagon, and finally after the fight they end up kissing and congratulating each other like they didn't just hate each other a few minutes ago.

I enjoy the pre-fight stuff. I like to see the training going on and the insight into the fighters worlds.

these dudes seriously don't like each other...and this sh.t is pretty funny.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,241884

I got featured on Insider Moves on Inside Xbox this week
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
05-20-2010

"where's yo belt? where's yo belt? shut up, where's your belt? you don't got nothin. you don't got nothin boy."

lmao
Derek SGR
American Psycho
Subtract from Derek SGR's ReputationAdd to Derek SGR's Reputation Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Derek SGR Send a message via Skype™ to Derek SGR
05-20-2010

"I don't hate Rampage, hate is such a strong word...I dislike the motherf.cker though"

lol

---

---
*EVEN SHADOWS HAVE SHADOWS*
"I'm a living, fuckin, legend. The rest of y'all just walking dead" - Murs
riot
Level 41
05-20-2010

what's everyones predictions for UFC 114?

Rampage Jackson > Rashad Evans
Michael Bisping > Dan Miller
Mike Russow > Todd Duffee
Lil Nog > Jason Brilz
Diego Sanchez > John Hathaway