Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Heath
miscreant
Heath's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,366
Subtract from Heath's ReputationAdd to Heath's Reputation Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000
#31
04-11-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
You must not know much if you think Renzo is a nobody. He comes from the Gracie family, his grandfather or some sh.t invented BJJ. It's just Hughes fighting someone way out of their prime and like, what? 8 years older? I also think Edgar just had a good game plan going into the fight, just like he did with Sherk. He deserves that belt, but it sucks to see Penn loose. He'll come back. I say Edgar fights Maynard next, after Maynard gets another fight in that IS NOT a f..kin' lame ass decision. He has eight f..kin' decision wins out of 11. Maynard is the only fighter to defeat Edgar..by decision. lol

To whoever said that Silva should be kicked out, you're a total idiot. Just 'cause Silva might of looked like a clown during the later rounds does not mean he should be fired. He brought a sh.t load of money to the UFC, you can't argue about that. He beats the sh.t out of people like nobody else can.

I'll edit after I watch the Silva fight. EDIT: Looks like it will be a while, 'cause MMA-Core is f..ked! And when Silva got on his on knee, it looked like he was wanting to propose to Maia. hahahah
i know Renzo Gracie's ancestry. his uncle created BJJ and is the founder of UFC. that doesn't automatically turn Renzo Gracie into some special fighter. the guy is fuckin' 13-7-1. he's a nobody.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#32
04-11-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
You must not know much if you think Renzo is a nobody. He comes from the Gracie family, his grandfather or some sh.t invented BJJ. It's just Hughes fighting someone way out of their prime and like, what? 8 years older? I also think Edgar just had a good game plan going into the fight, just like he did with Sherk. He deserves that belt, but it sucks to see Penn loose. He'll come back. I say Edgar fights Maynard next, after Maynard gets another fight in that IS NOT a f..kin' lame ass decision. He has eight f..kin' decision wins out of 11. Maynard is the only fighter to defeat Edgar..by decision. lol

To whoever said that Silva should be kicked out, you're a total idiot. Just 'cause Silva might of looked like a clown during the later rounds does not mean he should be fired. He brought a sh.t load of money to the UFC, you can't argue about that. He beats the sh.t out of people like nobody else can.

I'll edit after I watch the Silva fight. EDIT: Looks like it will be a while, 'cause MMA-Core is f..ked! And when Silva got on his on knee, it looked like he was wanting to propose to Maia. hahahah
It wouldn't matter much if it was the first time Silva did this. This is about the 4rth time he makes UFC and MMA in general look like a joke. He obviously has no respect for the sport or his opponents. At least not until after the fight when he apologizes to everyone. He's a grown man, he knows what he's doing in there. You have no logical explanation as to why he shouldn't be fired from the UFC. It's not like his career would end, he could still go fight elsewhere. If you even gave a damn about what he's doing to the sport NOW, you would agree with Dana White. He doesn't deserve to even fight in the UFC anymore.
PM
1 authentic experience
PM's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location:  
Posts: 12,409
Subtract from PM's ReputationAdd to PM's Reputation PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000
#33
04-11-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
i know Renzo Gracie's ancestry. his uncle created BJJ and is the founder of UFC. that doesn't automatically turn Renzo Gracie into some special fighter. the guy is f.ckin' 13-7-1. he's a nobody.
You're an absolute idiot.
KoRY
Air Swell
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,828
Subtract from KoRY's ReputationAdd to KoRY's Reputation KoRY is a novice
#34
04-11-2010
Default

Love MMA...didn't know we had a topic. Nice.
riot
Level 41
riot's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,561
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
#35
04-11-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
It wouldn't matter much if it was the first time Silva did this. This is about the 4rth time he makes UFC and MMA in general look like a joke. He obviously has no respect for the sport or his opponents. At least not until after the fight when he apologizes to everyone. He's a grown man, he knows what he's doing in there. You have no logical explanation as to why he shouldn't be fired from the UFC. It's not like his career would end, he could still go fight elsewhere. If you even gave a damn about what he's doing to the sport NOW, you would agree with Dana White. He doesn't deserve to even fight in the UFC anymore.
Chill out. You're a little biased here. It's not the first time a fighter makes a mistake like this. I watched the fight, and pretty much the third is when he was being an idiot. The fourth and fifth, wasn't that bad. It was just like Ortiz vs Griffin 2, when Ortiz did jack sh.t during the third round. Silva was kicking his ass in the first and second round. He could've finished it, but it's just like Thiago Silva didn't finish Evans, right? Maia also landed a few nice shots towards the end, though.

You fail to realize how greedy Dana is for money, he wants to host a UFC event during the strikefore (Hendo vs. Shields) in the same city, he's obviously pissed 'cause he looked bad in front of the people he is trying to get some business out of! Never though of that have you? I didn't think so. Silva also said something about Maia disrespecting him, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRY View Post
Love MMA...didn't know we had a topic. Nice.
yeah dude, it's nice to see some fans. haha

Last edited by riot; 04-11-2010 at 08:41 PM.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#36
04-11-2010
Default

Riot, you're an idiot. Blaming a business owner for trying to make money and expand his business, as if it's a bad thing? Also, defending the person who repeatedly showboats for several rounds at a time, for like 4 fights? Seriously?

Whatever. Not even worth the argument. I'm not taking Silvas credit away from being a talented fighter. But even I felt embarrassed just watching that.

edit: Those people he's "trying to get business out of", are the same people who bought 10% of the company. OF COURSE he wants everything to go smoothly.... Who wouldn't be pissed off and embarrassed after that.

Last edited by JustMarioBros; 04-11-2010 at 09:03 PM.
riot
Level 41
riot's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,561
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
#37
04-11-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
Riot, you're an idiot. Blaming a business owner for trying to make money and expand his business, as if it's a bad thing? Also, defending the person who repeatedly showboats for several rounds at a time, for like 4 fights? Seriously?

Whatever. Not even worth the argument. I'm not taking Silvas credit away from being a talented fighter. But even I felt embarrassed just watching that.

edit: Those people he's "trying to get business out of", are the same people who bought 10% of the company. OF COURSE he wants everything to go smoothly.... Who wouldn't be pissed off and embarrassed after that.
I didn't say it was bad that he is trying expanding his business, I just said he was greedy, and that example just goes to show how greedy he is, idiot. Anderson is my favorite fighter, and I will defend him to an extent so don't get your panties all bunched up.

About Silva show boating..it's not like he's the first one to do it and look stupid. If you expect a perfect world in UFC, then you should switch over to WWE. And what four fights? I've watched the majority of them, except when he fought Leites, and if you're gonna say he show boated against Griffin... hahaha.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to turn into a big flame fest. You replied, and I replied, feel free to do the same.

Last edited by riot; 04-11-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Dert McGert
Level 21
Dert McGert's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MyJoinDate>YourPostCount
Posts: 553
Subtract from Dert McGert's ReputationAdd to Dert McGert's Reputation Dert McGert is a novice
#38
04-12-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
Silva was kicking his ass in the first and second round. He could've finished it, but it's just like Thiago Silva didn't finish Evans, right? Maia also landed a few nice shots towards the end, though.

You fail to realize how greedy Dana is for money, he wants to host a UFC event during the strikefore (Hendo vs. Shields) in the same city, he's obviously pissed 'cause he looked bad in front of the people he is trying to get some business out of! Never though of that have you? I didn't think so. Silva also said something about Maia disrespecting him, or something.
Thiago didn't finish Evans because Evans wrestled away from a gassed Thiago. Anderson fucked off because he feels like he isn't tested and deserves better opponents.

As for Dana being pissed for looking bad, it was disrespectful to have the first ever UFC event in India to have a main event where the champ didn't feel like he cared enough to fight.

And if anything, Dana is probably pissed he lost Hendo to Strikeforce. Vitor is about the only 185er left that could cause Anderson to actually fight, granted if Vitor does have it in him since we really haven't seen him tested at 185 yet. I would like to see Wandy fight Anderson at 185, but I don't think they will fight.
master 2000
Level 28
master 2000's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: california
Posts: 1,057
Subtract from master 2000's ReputationAdd to master 2000's Reputation master 2000 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to master 2000
#39
04-12-2010
Default

I used to like Silva. If we don't get some SERIOUS apologies out of him and his camp in the coming weeks I'm afraid I may never be able to like him again. It's a shame too. He is such a talented fighter.

Maia on the other hand is my new favorite fighter.

Quote:
“It took time for me to get warmed up and feel well during the fight. I started to feel better in the middle of the fight. In the first two rounds I didn’t do well, but in the last two rounds I think I did well. I went to fight and he was running around, but it’s okay, that’s his game and I knew he was going to do that. I landed some punches and he landed many punches on me. It was a war, but I’m ready to do it again.

He was very disrespectful to me, but it’s his way. After the fight he apologized but I don’t think it’s right for him to do this during the fight. He was swearing to me in the middle of the fight. It’s okay, he’s the best in the world, but I will be training to fight him again.

I want to say sorry that it took me so long to get in the fight. I never fought five rounds and I was trying to hold back a little in the first rounds. After I got hit I started to fight better, but he was winning already.
What a classy guy. I know this will never happen but i would love nothing more than to see a rematch where a more skilled Maia destroys Silva.


In my opinion the showboating and inability to finish didn't bother me nearly as much as the cussing did.

Quote:
Anderson Silva is facing a backlash from fans in his native Brazil after ringside microphones for the UFC 112 broadcast of his fight with Demian Maia apparently picked up Silva taunting his opponent in Portuguese, using terms which are considered very offensive in Brazil.

Portuguese-language MMA forums have been abuzz with discussion over the insults Silva levelled at Maia at points in the fight. The end of the second round is when he is said to have been most offensive, allegedly telling Maia "Bate na minha cara playboy" (“Come on, hit me in the face playboy.")

Odd as it sounds, ‘playboy’ is a serious insult in Brazil when levelled at certain targets. The stark class and economic divides in Brazil make for a wide gulf in status between the rich and poor. In Brazilian terms, a playboy is a hedonist rich kid, the product of a pampered upbringing who cares little for the poor and knows nothing of real life.

Anderson is also said to have cried out "Cade o Jiu-Jitsu?" ("Where is your Jiu-Jitsu?”) as Maia failed to get him to the floor, and also told him “Get up off your ass and get hit some more” when Maia dropped to his back looking to play guard.

According to the general tone on the major Brazilian MMA forums right now, Anderson has surprised and upset many of his fans with his comments. Maia told Fighters Only yesterday that Anderson had sworn at him during the fight but declined to go into detail about what was said.

That was a sporting and honourable thing for Maia to do but fans have already picked up on the comments are spreading them around the forums. So far this particular backlash has been confined to Brazilian fans but a poster named Gomes on Portal do Vale Tudo summed the feeling up:

“Wow, the guy went mad. American are usually super socially-conscious with this kind of discrimination, when they discover what he said, heads will fly. This guy has lost all notion of what you can do in a fight. This type of social/personal insult is the equivalent of ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson saying "I'll f.ck until you love me, bitch!"
As I said, Anderson and his manager better humble up and apologize like true professionals in the coming weeks. Otherwise I will have lost all respect for Silva.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JustMarioBros's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [.::H2F SELECT::.]
Posts: 8,626
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
#40
04-12-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
I didn't say it was bad that he is trying expanding his business, I just said he was greedy, and that example just goes to show how greedy he is, idiot. Anderson is my favorite fighter, and I will defend him to an extent so don't get your panties all bunched up.

About Silva show boating..it's not like he's the first one to do it and look stupid. If you expect a perfect world in UFC, then you should switch over to WWE. And what four fights? I've watched the majority of them, except when he fought Leites, and if you're gonna say he show boated against Griffin... hahaha.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to turn into a big flame fest. You replied, and I replied, feel free to do the same.
Trying to expand/grow a business =/= greed.

"Everyone is doing it so what's the big deal" that's what you sound like. You sound like a 3rd grader attempting to make a reasonable argument.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off