Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
riot
Level 41
riot's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,561
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
#191
10-20-2010
Default

it seems this thread is slowly dying.. what a lack of MMA fans.

my predictions for UFC 121 main card

Velasquez > Lesnar > by TKO/ KO
Shields > Kampmann by Decision
Hammil > Ortiz by Decision
Sanchez > Thiago by Decision
Schaub > Gonzaga by TKO/ KO
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
CitizenZenSin's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,104
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
#192
10-22-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
Condit KO's Hardy. ummm what?
i was so bummed about that. i don't think i've been more bummed about a fight's outcome in the 5 yrs i've been watching mma.

i like dan hardy alot. i like how he sells fights with shit talking, i like his fight style, i like his fine arts degree, i like that thing he does with buffer b4 the fight starts, and now i even like his post fight interviews

Joe Rogan: What went wrong?

Hardy: I got punched in the face.


i think we'd all agree it was a lucky punch that could have gone either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
it seems this thread is slowly dying.. what a lack of MMA fans.

my predictions for UFC 121 main card

Velasquez > Lesnar > by TKO/ KO
Shields > Kampmann by Decision
Hammil > Ortiz by Decision
Sanchez > Thiago by Decision
Schaub > Gonzaga by TKO/ KO
i'd love to see lesner get beat but i just don't think cain's got it in him. lesner power is just too much, any punch that lands decent is gonna put cain down. im not really interested in any other fight, shields fight will be boring i bet. same for grandpa ortiz.

I got featured on Insider Moves on Inside Xbox this week
Basics
Level 45
Basics's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Good Ole Hawaii
Posts: 5,579
Subtract from Basics's ReputationAdd to Basics's Reputation Basics is a novice
#193
10-23-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
it seems this thread is slowly dying.. what a lack of MMA fans.

my predictions for UFC 121 main card

Velasquez > Lesnar > by TKO/ KO
Shields > Kampmann by Decision
Hammil > Ortiz by Decision
Sanchez > Thiago by Decision
Schaub > Gonzaga by TKO/ KO
You gangster. You called that card perfectly. Not by the way it would end, but all that matters is who got the "W" in the end. If you bet all those predictions you woulda made bank.
Brightside
because the internet
Brightside's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pure Michigan
Posts: 13,865
Subtract from Brightside's ReputationAdd to Brightside's Reputation Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000
#194
10-23-2010
Default

what a fucking stupid, boring UFC
WRC Aaron
Level 42
WRC Aaron's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 4,972
Subtract from WRC Aaron's ReputationAdd to WRC Aaron's Reputation WRC Aaron is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WRC Aaron
#195
10-23-2010
Default

Watch boxing then.
XBC - llAaronll
riot
Level 41
riot's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,561
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
#196
10-24-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOneTime View Post
You gangster. You called that card perfectly. Not by the way it would end, but all that matters is who got the "W" in the end. If you bet all those predictions you woulda made bank.
haha, I was only wrong on the Schaub vs Gonzaga fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenZenSin View Post
i'd love to see lesner get beat but i just don't think cain's got it in him. lesner power is just too much, any punch that lands decent is gonna put cain down. im not really interested in any other fight, shields fight will be boring i bet. same for grandpa ortiz.
I knew all along that if anyone was gonna take out Lesnar, it would be Velasquez. Cain's got the striking skills plus NCAA div. 1 wrestler background. I loved how quick he got back up on his feet. I think I've also come to the conclusion that Lesnar has a weak chin or somethin..

I'm not disrespecting your liking for Hardy or anything, but to me, I still think "Who the f..k is Hardy?" he has yet to impress me, even if he went 5 rounds with GSP.

I hope faggot ass Ortiz gets cut from the UFC. Another thing, I find it stupid how Shields gets the title shot immediately after having a single split decision victory over Kampmann. If anything, Shields should fight Fitch, since he's next in line, and I personally think Fitch would destroy Shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
what a f..king stupid, boring UFC

Agreed. I was even about to get up and leave from the bar even before the Brock vs Velasquez fight.

Last edited by riot; 10-24-2010 at 02:22 PM.
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
CitizenZenSin's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,104
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
#197
10-24-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post



I knew all along that if anyone was gonna take out Lesnar, it would be Velasquez. Cain's got the striking skills plus NCAA div. 1 wrestler background. I loved how quick he got back up on his feet. I think I've also come to the conclusion that Lesnar has a weak chin or somethin..
i don't think it's weak just normal. that fight was the first one since anderson vs forrest that i rewound and watched again. I'm so glad cain did it, and it was a thing of beauty, from getting to his feet, to picking his shots, it was a joy to watch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
I'm not disrespecting your liking for Hardy or anything, but to me, I still think "Who the f..k is Hardy?" he has yet to impress me, even if he went 5 rounds with GSP.
i'd agree if sum1 said he didn't deserve that gsp shot so early, but he had a 3 fight run of rory markum, marcus davis then a fight with mike swick where the winner got gsp. i don't think he'll ever be champ but he's fun to watch to me.



Shields ain't gonna do shit in UFC, if he wants a belt he needs to go back to strikeforce cause gsp would make him look ridiculous.


i fast forwarded thru most of that ufc as well. Diego thiago had a good round but that was about it.

I got featured on Insider Moves on Inside Xbox this week
Basics
Level 45
Basics's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Good Ole Hawaii
Posts: 5,579
Subtract from Basics's ReputationAdd to Basics's Reputation Basics is a novice
#198
10-25-2010
Default

I love me some Dan Hardy. My favorite welterweight.
madmax89
Level 26
madmax89's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 909
Subtract from madmax89's ReputationAdd to madmax89's Reputation madmax89 is a novice
#199
10-28-2010
Default

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...wecmerge102810

Ive been waiting for this shit for so long. Jose Aldo and Urijah Faber now in the UFC. Shit is going down.
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Smuttny's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 12,110
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
#200
10-28-2010
Default

holy fuck. That is amazing. Jose Aldo is going to take this shit OVER!
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off