Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
I Longhorn I
Ghost
Subtract from I Longhorn I's ReputationAdd to I Longhorn I's Reputation I Longhorn I finally popped his Bubble Shield I Longhorn I finally popped his Bubble Shield I Longhorn I finally popped his Bubble Shield I Longhorn I finally popped his Bubble Shield
05-29-2010

Way to go Evans! Just won myself $100.
PM
1 authentic experience
Subtract from PM's ReputationAdd to PM's Reputation PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000
05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I iLL SKilL I View Post
UFC is starting to lose it's appeal to me. Rarely get to see a fight where people actually try to drop bombs now, always same thing, some boring wrestling match(I.E GSP), or lame game plan to avoid any sort of throwdowns(forrest kicking + circling against rampage entire fight/rashad pinning rampage to cage for 2 and a half out of 3 rounds). Not the only one though, usually go out to watch events with friends at parties or restaurants/pubs, and it's pretty quiet most of the time now. Older events people would be hyped up for just about every fight and be cheering non-stop, now people will get excited once or twice in a 15/25 minute fight. More interesting to watch pre-lims inbetween main card fights.
Then watch K-1 or the old PRIDE videos; Dana specifically stated his interest in the UFC being an "NFL" for wrestlers.

Last edited by PM; 05-30-2010 at 01:54 AM.
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
05-30-2010

Quote:
UFC is starting to lose it's appeal to me. Rarely get to see a fight where people actually try to drop bombs now, always same thing, some boring wrestling match(I.E GSP), or lame game plan to avoid any sort of throwdowns(forrest kicking + circling against rampage entire fight/rashad pinning rampage to cage for 2 and a half out of 3 rounds). Not the only one though, usually go out to watch events with friends at parties or restaurants/pubs, and it's pretty quiet most of the time now. Older events people would be hyped up for just about every fight and be cheering non-stop, now people will get excited once or twice in a 15/25 minute fight. More interesting to watch pre-lims inbetween main card fights.
I agree with all this, except the part of it's losing it's appeal. 114 was pretty lame. Starting with the amiir-sadlooah prelim where the korean dude just layed on him for 3 rounds. When it's two capable dudes it's ok, but when you get a guy whose capable of giving you an exciting fight(sadollah) then match him with a wrestler who just lays and does no damage, it's frustrating as a fan. There's been a bunch of poetentially highly entertaining fights ruined by dudes just laying on the other one recently, koscheck daley comes to mind.

I think they should lessen the points given for takedowns. They should give points based on the opponents reaction. If the opponent gets right up vs if the opponent gets ground n pounded for a min or two.

It would lose it's appeal but usually once a show there's something cool happens. Like the fat guy knockout of duffee.

and jason brillz got robbed. I'd call their ground battles even, slight edge to brillz, but considering how many times brillz took him down...all that time spent on the ground was cause brillz brought nog down there. I didn't see any significant punches landed by NOg, and saw at least two hard shots by brillz. No idea how nog got the descision....unless it's fixed.

Rampage rashad was dissapointing but you just have to go "o well". Rampage was rusty and not as in shape as he could have been. I imagine it'll go Rashad Shogun, and Rampage Lyoto. I can't think of any other 205 in the mix..till A. Silva gets there. Glad herb dean didn't let rashad just hold him up against the cage the whole fight.

I got featured on Insider Moves on Inside Xbox this week
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
05-30-2010

i went to the bar last night to watch this, and it's safe to say i wasn't impressed. f..k rampage, how could he loose to evans. i guess i'll just have to wait 'til shogun smashes that p.ssy.

Quote:
im not mad or anything, but i hear this all the god damn time.

YOU DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO TO WIN!!!!!!!!

if i fought MMA i wouldnt give a f..k about how i look, i would do whatever i have to do get the W and thats all.

ex: you didn't see GSP stand with Alves, thats 'cause he was gonna loose, so he wrestled his way to victory.

Last edited by riot; 05-31-2010 at 09:14 AM.
HAble
Praying for tidal waves..
Subtract from HAble's ReputationAdd to HAble's Reputation HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to HAble
05-30-2010

Rampage could have won that if he just would have kept going head on after that flurry of strikes he laid down. He just let Rashad recover and laid back like an idiot. His corner was telling at him to go in the whole time and he did not listen.

I was f.cking pissed that Duffee lost. How the hell does a guy that ripped and that looks like he's been training all his life lose to a fatass? lol..

Pretty boring show. :/
Xyox is gay
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAblelicious View Post
Rampage could have won that if he just would have kept going head on after that flurry of strikes he laid down. He just let Rashad recover and laid back like an idiot. His corner was telling at him to go in the whole time and he did not listen.

I was f.cking pissed that Duffee lost. How the hell does a guy that ripped and that looks like he's been training all his life lose to a fatass? lol..

Pretty boring show. :/
look at Roy Nelson, who would've ever thought he was gonna win TUF 10?
HAble
Praying for tidal waves..
Subtract from HAble's ReputationAdd to HAble's Reputation HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to HAble
05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
look at Roy Nelson, who would've ever thought he was gonna win TUF 10?
I thought he would win due to the fact that he pissed me off the most of anyone on the show. Lol.
Xyox is gay
Scarecrow
Vol So Hard!!!
Subtract from Scarecrow's ReputationAdd to Scarecrow's Reputation Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
05-30-2010

Rampage =(
Support THF
Follow https://twitter.com/The_Halo_Forum
Like https://www.facebook.com/TheHaloForum
Sub https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForumChannel
Watch http://www.twitch.tv/thehaloforum

Sub to me also :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScarecrowIzAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUSEDGOAT View Post
IMaggot's footage is extremely solid, and Scarecrow has the clips almost no one else has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
HaloMaggot and Scarecrow seem the be the dynamic duo if its about getting original clips :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by komoto5 View Post
ritchie(maggot) is fun to make fun of because he's fat and does cocaine and he overselpt at mlg dallas last year and jesse(scarecrow) well hes just hella tight
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
05-30-2010

Rampage missed the finisher. Got that huge hit and as soon as Rashad hit the ground Rampage had a HUGE blow coming and he hit the ground next to his head and it threw him off a little. Shit was over if he would have connected an easy hit.

Oh and when fatass knocked duffee down did anyone else lol at the little babysmash he hit duffee's face with? Me and some friends rewound it like 50 times just dying laughing.
Heath
miscreant
Subtract from Heath's ReputationAdd to Heath's Reputation Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000 Heath IS OVER 9000
05-30-2010

anyone else watch the prelim efrain escudero v. dan lauzon fight? that was probably the best fight of the night.