Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
Morpheus414
Level 26
Subtract from Morpheus414's ReputationAdd to Morpheus414's Reputation Morpheus414 is legendary Morpheus414 is legendary Morpheus414 is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Morpheus414
01-28-2015
Default Anyone Know How To Transfer iPhone Apps?

I recently bought an iPhone 5, and used my backups to get almost everything I need from my old iPhone 4 in terms of media, documents and applications...almost.

Unfortunately, there are still a few apps left on my iPhone 4 that I need moved over, either to my computer or to my iPhone 5. I prefer the computer so that I'll always have a backup. You see, the particular apps in question have been removed from the App Store, and I can no longer download them again. For some reason, they do not appear in my library of apps from the computer. Which means, the only copies left are in my old iPhone 4.

None of them have any data attached to them(no save games, important information, etc.) so I don't have to worry about that. I just need to safely transfer these no-longer-available apps from the old to the new. All of the guides I've looked up online all have to do with either backing it up to iCloud(which won't have enough space for me) or re-downloading the app(which again, they've been removed). How can I move these apps over so I can finally get rid of my old phone?
Gage
VIP just not in the group
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
01-28-2015

I think the last time I plugged my iPhone up to my computer, it offered me to backup my music/photos/data/apps/etc.

Did you not get that option?
MsTkEyes
Pu$$yrich
Subtract from MsTkEyes's ReputationAdd to MsTkEyes's Reputation MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000
01-28-2015

Did you try? App Store>updates>Purchased>not on this iPhone. Look through the list.

Everything I've ever downloaded to my account is on there including things that's been removed.
~up, up, up, up, up, up, up~

Morpheus414
Level 26
Subtract from Morpheus414's ReputationAdd to Morpheus414's Reputation Morpheus414 is legendary Morpheus414 is legendary Morpheus414 is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Morpheus414
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTkEyes View Post
Did you try? App Store>updates>Purchased>not on this iPhone. Look through the list.

Everything I've ever downloaded to my account is on there including things that's been removed.
I did find one app, but the others weren't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
I think the last time I plugged my iPhone up to my computer, it offered me to backup my music/photos/data/apps/etc.

Did you not get that option?

Strangely enough, all the times I backed it up when it was plugged in, that apparently wasn't a full backup. When I did a manual backup myself, all but four apps were saved.