Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Who's Got The Best Intro?
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 11 4.51%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 8 3.28%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 61 25.00%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 76 31.15%
Neighbor & Hysteria Dualtage - Edited by Phurion 35 14.34%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 31 12.70%
"Shocktology 2" - Edited by TM22 22 9.02%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
Yea really... I mean, it wasn't my first because a few things (the spartan holding sniper angles done for every player, the bad "in assocaiation with" text etc) but it definetely wasn't generic.

Tbh, Dutchy M2 was the most generic there. Rewind 3 got my vote, but wasn't worth it apparently.
Got my vote too.
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
Snipetality_Editing
Level 12
Subtract from Snipetality_Editing's ReputationAdd to Snipetality_Editing's Reputation Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield Snipetality_Editing finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Snipetality_Editing Send a message via Skype™ to Snipetality_Editing
07-26-2010

Neighbor and Hysteria
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuFf1n View Post
Got my vote too.
Well, I <3 you for voting Rewind 3 them/
ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
Subtract from ExuS's ReputationAdd to ExuS's Reputation ExuS is on the rise to fame ExuS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ExuS
07-26-2010

Wasn't really near the civilization during the voting... congrats to Mattisson!

Only thing I don't like with that intro is the repeating-reversed-shatter-texts. The "Frenetic Array" text doesn't really get the same effect when the previous texts have had the same effect.

muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-26-2010

Are the judges ever going to make their opinions on each entry for each category public? Think it could help out, considering Black Box couldn't even break fkn 10 votes out of ~250.
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithoutModem View Post
mattisson is catching up to zola in terms of editing ability I think, i can't wait to see what's next from him.
cough, cough: his own montage :cough, cough

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
thestrangestick
Level 14
Subtract from thestrangestick's ReputationAdd to thestrangestick's Reputation thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Frenetic Array is everything but generic... unless you consider all videos with multi-kills generic.
I was talking specificially about the intro, and yes, IMO it's very generic, aside from the awesome 'broken maps' sequence. The scene on narrows with a moody skyline and snow/blizzard has been done an amazing amount of times before, and the most generic thing that stuck in my mind was the 'starring' sequence with 3D text for their names, followed by a HUD-less snipe from each of them, coupled with a 3rd person view of their spartan, and overlayed with videos of them playing IRL. All of which has been done to death in so many team tages.

EDIT:

Also, zooming through the clouds and into Narrows is almost identical to the Str8 Rippin intro, apart from it zooms in from above rather than the side.

Last edited by thestrangestick; 07-26-2010 at 03:55 PM.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-26-2010

Point is, FA got it because everyone jizzed themselves blind at the beginning of the intro, which made the rest of it irrelevant. I'm with ya, stick.
NepR
Level 18
Subtract from NepR's ReputationAdd to NepR's Reputation NepR is a novice
Send a message via ICQ to NepR Send a message via AIM to NepR Send a message via MSN to NepR Send a message via Yahoo to NepR
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
Point is, FA got it because everyone jizzed themselves blind at the beginning of the intro, which made the rest of it irrelevant. I'm with ya, stick.
However people view it, the intro was an amazing piece of work. The body of the film was even more impressive. Maybe not the most creative thing editing wise, but the whole feeling the film brought is almost unrivaled in this competition. So from my view it didn't make anything irrelevant, it infact put the two on different levels.
The Lawl-A-Caust
My Final Funtage =)

AIM: xNepR
The largest collection of frag movies you will find.
Register to upload your films.
TheMovieVault Now With Halo 3!
SL0WandP41NFUL
Level 28
Subtract from SL0WandP41NFUL's ReputationAdd to SL0WandP41NFUL's Reputation SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield SL0WandP41NFUL finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to SL0WandP41NFUL Send a message via Skype™ to SL0WandP41NFUL
07-26-2010

Congrats to Mattison. It's a shame Black Box got so few votes.