Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Premium
I'm kind of a big deal
Subtract from Premium's ReputationAdd to Premium's Reputation Premium is legendary Premium is legendary Premium is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Premium
01-04-2009
Default *** Official Red Rings Of Death Discussion ***

If you get the RROD, post here.

low strife
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from low strife's ReputationAdd to low strife's Reputation low strife is a novice
01-04-2009

3 times, never send it to M$, never had to do anything.

I turn it off, unplug it, plug it back in, and then it works.
↓↓Download all Montage Contest 2 Videos in one location!↓↓

↓↓Download a massive collection of Halo videos here!↓↓

xSlimdawgx
Level 13
Subtract from xSlimdawgx's ReputationAdd to xSlimdawgx's Reputation xSlimdawgx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xSlimdawgx
01-04-2009

dont worry, you will have your day. it also has allot to do with where you keep the xbox itself, well ventilated areas are the best, if dust and other microbes get in there and help insulate your xbox, your fucked, itll over heat and melt inside

low strife
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from low strife's ReputationAdd to low strife's Reputation low strife is a novice
01-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSlimdawgx View Post
dont worry, you will have your day. it also has allot to do with where you keep the xbox itself, well ventilated areas are the best, if dust and other microbes get in there and help insulate your xbox, your f..ked, itll over heat and melt inside
Lol. I doubt mine could be in a better ventilated area.

It does smell like dust in the vents though.
↓↓Download all Montage Contest 2 Videos in one location!↓↓

↓↓Download a massive collection of Halo videos here!↓↓

CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
01-04-2009

I have it right now, and I am using the towel trick to play it.

This is the second time, and my mother thinks she can coax them into getting me something for free since this is the second time that this has happened to me in the last year.

Her main point will that the new one they sent me a while ago should not be able to get the exact same problem that my first one did.
xSlimdawgx
Level 13
Subtract from xSlimdawgx's ReputationAdd to xSlimdawgx's Reputation xSlimdawgx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xSlimdawgx
01-04-2009

no matter what you say to the reps. in india, they wont budge. trust me. the exact same thing is happening to me and the only thing they are compensating me with is another one month of xbox live gold, worth a whole 8 bucks, for this happening twice to me in one year. I even asked this chick on support to send me 2 x box live gold cards since this is the second time its done this, i mean that would be logical, and she wouldnt even do that. Microsoft is fucked!

CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
01-04-2009

Well, son of a bitch.

I trust my mother's bargaining skills.
Phearlez
>_>_>_>
Subtract from Phearlez's ReputationAdd to Phearlez's Reputation Phearlez is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Phearlez
01-04-2009

2 times, and I had to pay for the shit.
bryanbrutal
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from bryanbrutal's ReputationAdd to bryanbrutal's Reputation bryanbrutal is a novice
Send a message via AIM to bryanbrutal
01-25-2009

Well, I just got RRoD on my Elite. I never thought the day would come when it would happen to me x]

I completely lucked out though.
I bought my console on ebay, was not able to purchase a warranty for it, and had doubts as to whether the warranty sticker underneath the faceplate was even legit.
I called up xbox and immediately came clean and explained how I was totally at a loss, and I ended up getting EXTREMELY lucky with the agent I was speaking too. Long story short I will be receiving a box shortly (hopefully) to send them my xbox and have it repaired free of charge, and will be able to buy a warranty when it is returned to me =D

It's been two days, I don't have the box, and I'm already dying to get back on. My BR is gonna be rustyyyy when I get back on.

I did take a few pictures with my RRoD console for an album on facebook.
As long as you know I'm not being serious at all it's mildly humorous =]
I'll post the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1359728103
hHoyt
Level 11
Subtract from hHoyt's ReputationAdd to hHoyt's Reputation hHoyt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to hHoyt Send a message via Skype™ to hHoyt
04-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrutal View Post
Well, I just got RRoD on my Elite. I never thought the day would come when it would happen to me x]

I completely lucked out though.
I bought my console on ebay, was not able to purchase a warranty for it, and had doubts as to whether the warranty sticker underneath the faceplate was even legit.
I called up xbox and immediately came clean and explained how I was totally at a loss, and I ended up getting EXTREMELY lucky with the agent I was speaking too. Long story short I will be receiving a box shortly (hopefully) to send them my xbox and have it repaired free of charge, and will be able to buy a warranty when it is returned to me =D

It's been two days, I don't have the box, and I'm already dying to get back on. My BR is gonna be rustyyyy when I get back on.

I did take a few pictures with my RRoD console for an album on facebook.
As long as you know I'm not being serious at all it's mildly humorous =]
I'll post the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1359728103
Any RRoD fix is free, even if you don't have a warranty because so many people got the RRoD.
Only immature 5 year olds talk sh.t and send gay preschool pics over the internet and Xbox Live.

Add for MLG Customs, I will usually join if I'm not in MLG already.