Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
piglet
lil p
Subtract from piglet's ReputationAdd to piglet's Reputation piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000
11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
Or maybe he likes to play multi team because it's a fun playlist and has lots of players. Also, no clips are identical. A narrows hill multikill isn't less unique than a mongoose launch from the dune on the side of Sandbox.
i'm not against playing multi-team, quit the cynicism. it's definitely enjoyable and playable when other lists aren't

you haven't seen the same narrows spawn snipes a thousand times across cannon or top mid looking into spawns? in koth? when they are purposely avoiding the objective?

even that overplayed launch is more entertaining due to chance/knowledge rather than watching clips that lay out the same way as they did in 2009. they're lazy and well beyond stale

Lynx
pls donate for my xbone
Subtract from Lynx's ReputationAdd to Lynx's Reputation Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Lynx
11-24-2013

I disagree, I think a Narrows spawn snipe clip could be just as diverse. There could be 241s, noscopes, ricochets etc involved. Also, most montage makers these days know that those clips aren't very appreciated and don't use them unless they're something special.

I think there's a lot you can do in multi team that hasn't been done. I feel like it's become a 'thing' to hate on them. Doesn't matter if the clip is from an "overused spot". It's an overused spot because it's a fucking good spot to be in, just like the dune on Sandbox.

Also, is avoiding the objective on purpose a problem for you? I think montages might not be for you.
Tarzan
insignificance
Subtract from Tarzan's ReputationAdd to Tarzan's Reputation Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000
11-24-2013

multi-team clips can be good, no doubt.
sadly i have to agree that a lot of them are boring to me cuz they are such alike.

piglet
lil p
Subtract from piglet's ReputationAdd to piglet's Reputation piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000
11-24-2013

Quote:
I disagree, I think a Narrows spawn snipe clip could be just as diverse. There could be 241s, noscopes, ricochets etc involved. Also, most montage makers these days know that those clips aren't very appreciated and don't use them unless they're something special.

I think there's a lot you can do in multi team that hasn't been done. I feel like it's become a 'thing' to hate on them. Doesn't matter if the clip is from an "overused spot". It's an overused spot because it's a fucking good spot to be in, just like the dune on Sandbox.

Also, is avoiding the objective on purpose a problem for you? I think montages might not be for you.
it can, but 9 times outta 10 people will go for the easiest shot and it becomes a string of boring, predictable and easy snipes

there is a lot of possibility in multi-team that is swept under the rug by the masses of these standard chasers. the majority of the multis they choose to present are similar. if there are more skillful shots these things can be commendable, but there's been years of crap that just screams "i grind multi-team"

avoiding the objective with intent, especially repetitively makes these things less impressive. i don't remember the last time i've seen a high multi in koth when they aren't losing by a hundred points. i'd much rather watch an under pressure medium level multi than a grind-y, predictable and statty duck hunt

multi-team is paired with unoriginality for a reason. the amount of people that actively try to do something different in that playlist compared to those that do what they've seen in montages for years is pathetic

Puba
Coffee & Cigarettes
Subtract from Puba's ReputationAdd to Puba's Reputation Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Puba
11-24-2013

No matter how much you bitch, people are still going to make multiteam montages. So there's really no point in complaining.
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet View Post
it can, but 9 times outta 10 people will go for the easiest shot and it becomes a string of boring, predictable and easy snipes

there is a lot of possibility in multi-team that is swept under the rug by the masses of these standard chasers. the majority of the multis they choose to present are similar. if there are more skillful shots these things can be commendable, but there's been years of crap that just screams "i grind multi-team"

avoiding the objective with intent, especially repetitively makes these things less impressive. i don't remember the last time i've seen a high multi in koth when they aren't losing by a hundred points. i'd much rather watch an under pressure medium level multi than a grind-y, predictable and statty duck hunt

multi-team is paired with unoriginality for a reason. the amount of people that actively try to do something different in that playlist compared to those that do what they've seen in montages for years is pathetic

It's come to a point where the medal is more important than the play. Hyena's montages rarely feature anything above an overkill, but his clips blow so many people out of the fucking water. He's making impossible plays from crazy angles with the reaction speed of a cheetah on meth.

I don't mind people intentionally going for clips, but when the medal makes it special rather than the play, it becomes boring. A naire + 2 with afks and people running straight is, as piglet said, a 2D duck hunt.

People can make multi-team montages all they want. I've stopped watching them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet

Last edited by Stagga; 11-24-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Dkahre
Threshold
Subtract from Dkahre's ReputationAdd to Dkahre's Reputation Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000
Send a message via ICQ to Dkahre Send a message via Skype™ to Dkahre
11-24-2013

Lol you guys have no idea.
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
11-24-2013

Thread is fine, just kill that racism son. Three much.
Lynx
pls donate for my xbone
Subtract from Lynx's ReputationAdd to Lynx's Reputation Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000 Lynx IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Lynx
11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet View Post

Remind me how you're helping your team out when you're launching vehicles across Standoff now again?

Yes, I too would much rather see a sick under pressure multikill but guess what, you can get clips like that in multi team aswell. And I know what you mean dude but I just think you are being a bit too early to judge. Just because it's mostly mutli team does not have to mean it's all duck hunt. It could be all rocket/shotgun Epitaph naires but it could also be an all noscope overkills. Just as an MLG Montage where it could be all clean-up BR overs or clutch sniper triples. It's pointless to moan about a lot of multi team footage. You don't whine over Kampys multi team clips, right? Because they are unique and cool - jumping 180 noscope naire? So what if he used a lot of shotgun and didn't go for the hill, so what that he did it in multi-team?. It's impressive, it's entertaining. Impressive clips can be gotten in all playlists.

It's up to the player, not the playlist. If you saw a Phurion 100% multi team montage you'd see a damn difference between those clips and the clips in a.. let's say Ruxs 100% multi team montage.

Last edited by Lynx; 11-24-2013 at 07:01 PM.
piglet
lil p
11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagga View Post

It's come to a point where the medal is more important than the play. Hyena's montages rarely feature anything above an overkill, but his clips blow so many people out of the fucking water. He's making impossible plays with the reaction speed of a cheetah on meth.

I don't mind people intentionally going for clips, but when the medal makes it special rather than the play, it becomes boring. A naire + 2 with afks and people running straight is, as piglet said, a 2D duck hunt.

People can make multi-team montages all they want. I've stopped watching them.
agreed on hyena, going for fancy shots for lower multis and thinking on-the-go will always be interesting (with standards like obviously not clipping afk's and stuff)

it's not a dealbreaker intentionally going for clips, everyone does on some level. i just don't condone betraying for snipe/quitting rocket race to make me lose trying to walk the hills because you can't enjoy rocket race/etc. thinking games are disposable is about as counter-productive as you could be

i've seen highlights that are completely composed of multi-team recently X_X

Quote:
Remind me how you're helping your team out when you're launching vehicles across Standoff now again?

Yes, I too would much rather see a sick under pressure multikill but guess what, you can get clips like that in multi team aswell. And I know what you mean dude but I just think you are being a bit too early to judge. Just because it's mostly mutli team does not have to mean it's all duck hunt. It could be all rocket/shotgun Epitaph naires but it could also be an all noscope overkills. Just as an MLG Montage where it could be all clean-up BR overs or clutch sniper triples. It's pointless to moan about a lot of multi team footage. You don't whine over Kampys multi team clips, right? Because they are unique and cool - jumping 180 noscope naire? So what if he used a lot of shotgun and didn't go for the hill, so what that he did it in multi-team?. It's impressive, it's entertaining. Impressive clips can be gotten in all playlists.

It's up to the player, not the playlist. If you saw a Phurion 100% multi team montage you'd see a damn difference between those clips and the clips in a.. let's say Ruxs 100% multi team montage.
if i have the opportunity to mess around and still win i'll do it. there's games where i make time for it by playing my part, it's not hard. i think that was mostly a silly insult but it's kewlio since you have no idea how i play

i agreed there is much possibility to multi-team. there's a whole breed of clips i have yet to see involving use of the oddball or playing koth well. i've gotten ~2k multi-team exp since i came back to this game because it's the only bearable and playable social list to play in the late am's. i don't get large multis often but actually clearing a hill when people are shooting you is easily appreciable

actually i have 'whined' about kampy's clips but his stuff is on a whole nother level. it gets very repetitive at parts but for the most part he always throws in some nice shots (or he just keeps going). no matter who is building up a multi with a shotgun or rockets to get a snipe for the next medal, it won't be entertaining

it is up to the player, to actually set themselves apart from the rest. regardless of standards multi-team medal hunting will always become boring

Last edited by piglet; 11-24-2013 at 07:51 PM.