Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014
View Poll Results: Which videos should go through to the finals?
Toasty's halo reach montage 1 - edited by Zhestal 40 32.52%
Into the tranQ" A Halo 3 Montage (100% MLG) 50 40.65%
ThumbsUp and Piano Frenzy: Electric Feel 18 14.63%
Kiko Mia - INDEPENDENZA III ( Ryōsuke ) 39 31.71%
Diesel M2 34 27.64%
FatRat M3 51 41.46%
ROOTS - B SiK 40 32.52%
Delightful Dkahre/Sachiro 30 24.39%
Immortal Part III - GP and Edit by sk0ls 47 38.21%
The Wake Up - LocaL 35 28.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Sucky
Level 23
Subtract from Sucky's ReputationAdd to Sucky's Reputation Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000 Sucky IS OVER 9000
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfire View Post
I figured you to be the type of person to be fairly educated in the gameplay of Halo. Not knowing or being familiar with something cannot necessarily allow you to claim that something is average. You should simply say, "I'm not familiar with it, therefore I cannot comment." Saying what you did was stepping into a field that you yourself claimed you don't know much about. That's what I meant to pass across. Simply choose wiser words instead of bashing someone's hard work or claiming it is simply mediocre.

Different games on different platforms. I'm just curious as to how people let themselves critique something with which they have no familiarity with.

It happens every movie competition which really makes me laugh. At least when these competitions happened in 06, 07,08 every video was on the same platform which actually made sense to criticize and breakdown the different aspects. Now it's just, "Which video ticked you the most" not which is fundamentally better. All I'm saying.
So by that perspective, would u suggest that anyone not super-familiar with h1 gameplay ought to be restrained from voting in the comp?

Because let's be honest, there is a fair amount of people in here who are not all that familiar with the game, so they will either 1) bandwagon with everyone else's opinion of the video, 2) vote for it based on whether they enjoyed it or not, or 3) watch more h1 videos to take as much of an objective view as they can muster.

I did 2 and 3. I do not have direct access to the game, and i can only compare it to what I've seen prior. It's not like I'm acting like I'm some expert on the gameplay.

You seem to think that people like me are silly little fuckers who make you laugh, and yet all you can muster in regard to why the gameplay is better is that it is personally harder for you than anything else you've played. I would need more than that to be convinced, but to be fair, it only reaffirms the obvious:

We are all voting based on our own personal experience of watching videos and playing video games, so let's not act like everyone who hasn't had your experience and makes a statement that reflects his opinion about a particular video is a complete idiot.
iTwich
H1//H2 PC
Subtract from iTwich's ReputationAdd to iTwich's Reputation iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin'
01-29-2015

Just to defend voting for Halo 1 and 2 with Roots and i3 for a second here, both of those videos are showing some extremely impressive game knowledge/mechanics that personally leads me to voting for them above the others. TranQ also had some really incredible highly skilled Halo 3 gameplay (one of the three that got my vote here). But I haven't ever played Reach or Halo 4, so how could I rationally decide to vote for those videos? Not just that, social montages/noobtages just aren't something I can get into. I can appriciate that it takes skill to get those clips, I just get bored with watching players who have no concept of the most basic game mechanics being shit on, and that takes Diesel, FatRat, Toasty, Electric Feel, Delightful, and The Wake Up, off the list of videos that I'd vote for. Kiko might have been one I'd consider, but... them radar on, fast-spawn "MLG" settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
ITT - how abrasive the H2V community is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KokoNuts View Post
This is why I love playing with Twch. He's the most lovely, helpful, encouraging, bright-side looking and kindest teammate ever.

Last edited by iTwich; 01-29-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
01-29-2015

I don't think anyone was playing MLG settings with radar on/fast spawn. What
iTwich
H1//H2 PC
Subtract from iTwich's ReputationAdd to iTwich's Reputation iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin'
01-29-2015

Watch Ryōsuke, then. Even the four clips labeled as "MLG" clips in her description in the thread she made to post it have radar on. Ain't that cute. That and 5 sec spawn CTF on Ivory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
ITT - how abrasive the H2V community is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KokoNuts View Post
This is why I love playing with Twch. He's the most lovely, helpful, encouraging, bright-side looking and kindest teammate ever.
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
01-29-2015

That got out of hand real fast.

Roots and diesel should both advance in my opinion.
LOST IN TIME

Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwich View Post
Watch Ryōsuke, then. Even the four clips labeled as "MLG" clips in her description in the thread she made to post it have radar on. Ain't that cute. That and 5 sec spawn CTF on Ivory.
My b, I thought you were talking about the other videos and not kikos
Shif7eh
10 ppp
Subtract from Shif7eh's ReputationAdd to Shif7eh's Reputation Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
Literally the dumbest comment in this thread.
Your whole life on this forum < my comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranQ View Post
Seriously, shut the fuck up, grow the fuck up, and realize when to pick a fight and when not to.You just hit the thread with one of the dumbest statements and then you try to bash me for using "famous" when trying to describe people with a following outside of the site that can heavily affect the outcome of the competition. It's been over a year, and you still decide to act like a little bitch and find something you can bash me for.Take a big breath, and don't reply to this. Just be quiet, vote for your picks, and stop adding stupidity to the thread. Thank you.
lmao so much immaturity and insecurity in this post

Get bent if you think I still hold personal issues with you. This is about the competition, and imo your montage pales in comparison to 5 other videos. I called out your comment because it was completely unnecessary.

Take a big breath, and don't reply to this. Just be quiet, vote for your picks, and stop adding stupidity to the thread. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
Ive seen you fanboy over FatRat m3 as the best when it isn't better, the editing is filled with generic unneeded angles and cuts up the GP. The editing in roots is super clean and subtle and show the GP really well, its pacing is also excellent. Ive watched ROOTS about 40 times by now, it works extremely well. It doesnt need to have some insanely in your face reason to be good besides that. The Second/credits song doesnt do anything for me, but the body is just class.

Also it goes both ways, people from the h3 onward era often dont appreciate h1 or h2 gp. Ive made arguments against that position a bunch now and have yet to see a good reason why h3 and/or hR ignorance or dislike is worse than h1 and/or h2 ignorance or dislike, or any other combination.

Like I said tho, I feel Toasty and Diesel are the strongest videos here. And thats Reach.
"Only Dutchy would reply to my post with an essay....Only Dutchy"

Thank god you're still a part of this forum slater. Really running shit out here and this whole competition has been fun to follow. Thanks for the work and the quality posts.

lmao @ Dutchy, Winey & tranQueerity, you don't see me calling out your choices; But I am here to Regulate

EDIT: Revenge itt, post nikka

Lovin H2A

Wanny
Top Tier Director
01-29-2015

We aren't calling out your choices, we are calling out your statements and stupidity of your posts.
Kiko Mia
E93 カブリオレ
Subtract from Kiko Mia's ReputationAdd to Kiko Mia's Reputation Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzy View Post
Roots
skols

others suck
LiT GANG PRESENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranQ View Post
ayo motherfucker want me to make a youtube video and get like 60 more votes? talk smack and ill get ya back, thats what my mom used to say
^oh shit, watchout guiz, It's getting real in here

Shif7eh
10 ppp
Subtract from Shif7eh's ReputationAdd to Shif7eh's Reputation Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000 Shif7eh IS OVER 9000
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
We aren't calling out your choices, we are calling out your statements and stupidity of your posts.
Damn kid go outside much? You have a post behind everyone in this thread saying some shit no one cares to read.

Concise your shit and actually come with some heat; You're way to vague for me to care or follow.

Lovin H2A