Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Fuster
Level 14
Subtract from Fuster's ReputationAdd to Fuster's Reputation Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided
08-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxSouljah View Post
I can't believe it's taken me this long to post a review about this montage, but holy shit Fuster, this is the best Halo video I've seen in a long time. I was entertained from start to finish and I love how personal and unique you made this montage. I really hope this isn't your last project because I was honestly blown away when I saw this. I used Earl Sweatshirt in my second montage, but I feel that you did him more justice with this video.

My only complaint with this montage is that I did not understand why certain clips were in there, like some of the CE single kills for example. The gameplay overall was none too impressive, but it doesn't matter because the video not only kept my attention, but was only very entertaining throughout its length. I liked how the editing had purpose and truly served to mold the feel and vibe of the montage. That transition at 2:00 made my jaw drop.

This is what montages have been lacking for years, some damn individuality. From now on, when I think of Fuster, I will remember this video. Your montage stood out in a good way, not too many, eye-numbing effects, no bullshit transitions, and everything synced and flowed perfectly. The intro was tight and so was the song selection. This is a video that I will keep on my hard drive; so props to you Fuster because that hasn't happened in years. Easily the best entry into the contest so far.

10/10 Hope you place in the money
Most of the clips that you question are just there because of lack of anything better to use, however the CE single kills you mention are either 3sk's or something I don't see too often like the telefragging glitch in the first clip, and if it's just a single kill it was in a 1v1 anyway. Thanks though, that means a lot coming from someone like you.

Also I believe I covered this earlier but this vid is just my last full length. With MCC around the corner I'm not shutting out the idea of mini edits with my own clips, and certainly will not stop editing anyone else's.

Last edited by Fuster; 08-21-2014 at 11:32 PM.
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
08-22-2014

no idea how I missed this, solid video man I really just fell into it.
felt personal and very different from what´s coming out.

thanks!

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
NS_NEWCOMER
Level 11
Subtract from NS_NEWCOMER's ReputationAdd to NS_NEWCOMER's Reputation NS_NEWCOMER still downloads from Mythica NS_NEWCOMER still downloads from Mythica NS_NEWCOMER still downloads from Mythica NS_NEWCOMER still downloads from Mythica NS_NEWCOMER still downloads from Mythica NS_NEWCOMER still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via Skype™ to NS_NEWCOMER
08-22-2014

I don't think I've ever gave a serious comment on this so I will now.

I loved it a lot. I think this is what editing is all about, it's a hobby that we enjoy doing and it's even more fun when it's your clips edited to songs that you like. I'm somewhat easily impressed when it comes to clips since I still live in 2008 back when Social Slayer overkills were on Bungie Favorites, so I guess that also contributes to why I enjoyed it as well.

Definitely a good tage, probably one of my favorites out there since it heavily supports my whole "fuck what people think about what you make, do whatever you want because it's yours" thought. I do rewatch this occasionally

#RARE #SWAG #TYBG
Fuster
Level 14
Subtract from Fuster's ReputationAdd to Fuster's Reputation Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided Fuster is bustin' chills and getting paided
08-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS_NEWCOMER View Post
I don't think I've ever gave a serious comment on this so I will now.

I loved it a lot. I think this is what editing is all about, it's a hobby that we enjoy doing and it's even more fun when it's your clips edited to songs that you like. I'm somewhat easily impressed when it comes to clips since I still live in 2008 back when Social Slayer overkills were on Bungie Favorites, so I guess that also contributes to why I enjoyed it as well.

Definitely a good tage, probably one of my favorites out there since it heavily supports my whole "fuck what people think about what you make, do whatever you want because it's yours" thought. I do rewatch this occasionally

#RARE #SWAG #TYBG
#Fam
terv
YOU AINT GOT NO YEEZY?!!
Subtract from terv's ReputationAdd to terv's Reputation terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000
12-24-2014

super late to the party on this video. nice job, man. the flow in this was unreal. just like what everyone has said, this taje felt really personal. you can tell this video belongs to you which is one of my favorite things to see in our halo community. again, fuster, this video was awesome. keep on keepin' on
GT: ayy terv

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAYN3isTehSecks
Subscribe plz (:
Married to NickV
Fuster
Level 14
12-24-2014

Thanks for the +1 terv, glad you liked the music and the vid!
Fuster
Level 14
12-24-2014

Updated thread with new download link, apparently mediafire took the original DL link down so I had to reupload as a rar file.
Lat3ksi
Level 19
Subtract from Lat3ksi's ReputationAdd to Lat3ksi's Reputation Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000
01-10-2015

Liked it, variety and syncing were great. Chillout dank scene was funny
Fuster
Level 14
01-10-2015

Hahaha thanks man, I got put in a tough heat, need all the votes I can get!
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
01-13-2015

When's your next montage coming out fucker?