Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014

Display Modes Thread Tools
Dante
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Dante's ReputationAdd to Dante's Reputation Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000
01-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0ls View Post
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.
Style and increased melee range?
TIFE LIFE
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
01-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
and whats the input for it?
LOST IN TIME

JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
01-17-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
if thats true its pretty fucking clever
B
Level 50
Subtract from B's ReputationAdd to B's Reputation B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000 B IS OVER 9000
01-19-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by terv View Post
man, this video gets better with each viewing. i remember a render you sent my brother (BiG PAYN3) when he was still up in tally. it was with an ADTR song from like 5 years ago and you masked out a doorway on prisoner which led to iirc a double kill. i always wondered if that video was ever gonna come out and it's so cool to see that you finally released something using that gameplay. all these years later and this gameplay is setting standards for H1. the editing was very clean as well. nice transitions and presented the gameplay in a way that halo 1 should be presented. i feel like if you tried to do too much more, this video would have lost some of it's magic.

all in all, this was an amazing video, b. hope to get schooled by you in h1 soon
Thanks a lot for taking the time to comment, brother! I am very happy that I managed to hold on to these clips for so long. Admittedly, it was extremely tough storing them on my everyday personal use computer and not posting them. Truthfully can't believe so much time has passed since these clips were actually recorded. If you were somehow able to get your hands on that edit using ADTR, I would LOVE to see it. Believe it or not, someone else brought it up to me the other day and I have actually been wanting to watch it again for some time now. Either way, again, thanks so much for taking the time to comment. If you hear from Jason anytime soon, tell him I said I hope everything is going well for him. Last I heard he upped and moved, got married, had a kid, and is in complete man-mode. Insane to think, really. Going from a gymrat to a father, ha.

I'm looking forward to gaming with you my man. Mid Feb I will be on pretty regularly and will be wanting to run some customs 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxSouljah View Post
That OG Xbox intro was hella dope! The angle work is very nice. Music was very fitting for a CE montage. Those unexpected kills on Darkman and Rippin made my fucking jaw drop. Stellar entry B.
Haha, the OG intro was actually a part of the plan since the begining. Luckily, having waited so long to release the video, it made the intro that much better. Thanks a lot for taking the time to comment, Souljah. I'd like to get you on some CE with us, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshNgton View Post
Wow that means alot I did not know people were even interested in a halo ce jump video :P

I have got all the footage sitting on my harddrive but i keep changing my mind on songs. So when I do have any freetime I spend it doing the first minute or so of a song then change my mind and restart.

It is probably one of the last halo videos I will do and the fact I have put it off for so long and then cut so much footage,relanded and landed new jumps with different fovs and with better framerates. On the one hand I just want it done and on the other it has been on and off for 3 years so I dont feel any pressure because I assume people forgot about it.

I would be very surprised if it didnt come out sometime this year.

at the moment I have 2 songs I dont hate yet so we will see when i have freetime again.

Roots is definitely a motivator for me to finish

Roots 2 when?
I know the feeling all to well, man. It took me 6 years to find the song I used in the body here. Again, I didn't find it until the first week that this contest was officially announced. Pretty lucky honestly. Especially after hating or getting sick of every song I've attempted to edit this to over the years. I knew I had a deadline this time no matter what and if I wanted to be a part of the competition I had to push through no matter what.

But yeah, man, I saw that Radius work in progress edit in the WIP thread that used Twixtor or remapping and had the footage looking so silky smooth between this sick chain launch combo using fuel rod on HH. That got me most pumped most recently. I've been hovering your YouTube waiting for it!

Roots 2 Winter 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0ls View Post
B help me clarify here.
this double switch melee shit. blyb? is there an extra benefit to the switch or just pure style points?

^^^^trying to learn the ways of the force.
Actually, funny you ask. Anymore it's just style points. I do not believe it has any additional benefit from a simply double melee. Early on when I first learned about double meleeing, I'd always through the nade way too quickly after meleeing the first time, often cancelling out the animation and losing the hitbox. I originally started spazzing on the controller, trying to use this method because it seemed to work consistently. The visual spacing was enough to help me fix my melee problem. This was when I first started playing Halo in 03 mind you.

tl;dr - it's just style points. BYLB's the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobs View Post
Think YouTube is trying to tell me something?

Looks like I'll settle in for yet another watch. This video is so good man.
Hahaha, right on. I like that. Thanks for the love, Stobs. Glad it was able to hold some of your guys' attention.

P.S. - Thanks for that screenshot. It was a nice way to start a hectic morning at work.

View in Chrome for 60FPS

R I P

E L E
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
01-19-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Actually, funny you ask. Anymore it's just style points. I do not believe it has any additional benefit from a simply double melee. Early on when I first learned about double meleeing, I'd always through the nade way too quickly after meleeing the first time, often cancelling out the animation and losing the hitbox. I originally started spazzing on the controller, trying to use this method because it seemed to work consistently. The visual spacing was enough to help me fix my melee problem. This was when I first started playing Halo in 03 mind you.

tl;dr - it's just style points. BYLB's the input.
No i've had the exact same problem confirming my first melee registration because it's much more sensitive than the inputs i've built up muscle memory for in halo 2. my first melee either doesn't have time to register, or my input is slow and looks boring unless i'm on really clawy angles.
LOST IN TIME

Gorillars
Level 26
Subtract from Gorillars's ReputationAdd to Gorillars's Reputation Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000 Gorillars IS OVER 9000
01-22-2015

had to think of this montage when I heard this.

also bump
Member of the Halowheelmen.com community.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gorillars