Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
08-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint
Look Ekattan, I respect your convictions and your arguements - but I'm afraid to tell you that posts like this will not leave an impression on Marked or people like him.
So you think you have MarkedA. figured out? What kind of people do you think he is?

MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekattan
So you think you have MarkedA. figured out? What kind of people do you think he is?

I am crazy and do not respect anyones opinion other than my own and you KNOW that.

. .. .

but yeah, this thread has gotten to far off from actual debate. Its just comments and we need to get back to actual debate and that involves reading and posting about stuff you have read.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
08-15-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
There ya go kiddo. I merged the threads. Now try reading the whole thing.

Once again, I will help you with what you don't understand and pimples too if ya want.

There is a reason why those esteemed people are esteemed too. And a reason why your food is safe, why medicine works, and rockets fly. If you don't take the time to read the whole thread and actually debate about evolution, I am not going to reply to you here anymore.

Northwest - no PhD yet, working on that now.
Still relying on petty insults? Very deep sir, very deep.

Noone said that science has'nt made great advancements or is useless, who doesn't appreciate MRI's, antibiotics, or even the internet and modern technology. But you're actually pretty predictable - some of those "esteemed" people are held in that light simply because they spent years engaging in "higher" education and make giant leaps and bounds in their assumptions - which like I said before is the only thing arrogant pricks like yourself respect.

There are other well known scientists who spent their entire lives trying to explain the universe and finally came to grips with reality - not endless speculation.

I actually read your thread yesterday - laughed through about 30% of it. The Miller Experiment, the idea that evolution has been a strong theory for around 150 years, the whole meteor bringing life in. Quite simply, old news, old debates, old squashed garbage.

You insist on discussing the "history" of evolution as opposed to the very beginning. Why? Because you want to try to impress everyone here who doesn't have knowledge of basic biology since that is the field you teach. Quite a jackass assumption - considering that now you have smeone here who knows a little something about these things. Get back to the basics - the beginning, which as was pointed out - has not been proven, lol, yet.

By the way, since you want to put these stipulations about posting, ignoring, and replying to people - if you continue with these arrogant kiddie insults, then I will also stop replying to you. I've spent a nice portion of my life teaching and learning from individuals, and a good amount of time debating with quite a few. One quality that always is shown is respect for the other person - which apparantly you have a little trouble showing.

Last edited by Midpoint; 08-15-2006 at 04:23 AM.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-15-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint
Still relying on petty insults? Very deep sir, very deep.

Noone said that science has'nt made great advancements or is useless, who doesn't appreciate MRI's, antibiotics, or even the internet and modern technology. But you're actually pretty predictable - some of those "esteemed" people are held in that light simply because they spent years engaging in "higher" education and make giant leaps and bounds in their assumptions - which like I said before is the only thing arrogant pricks like yourself respect.

There are other well known scientists who spent their entire lives trying to explain the universe and finally came to grips with reality - not endless speculation.

I actually read your thread yesterday - laughed through about 30% of it. The Miller Experiment, the idea that evolution has been a strong theory for around 150 years, the whole meteor bringing life in. Quite simply, old news, old debates, old squashed garbage.

You insist on discussing the "history" of evolution as opposed to the very beginning. Why? Because you want to try to impress everyone here who doesn't have knowledge of basic biology since that is the field you teach. Quite a jackass assumption - considering that now you have smeone here who knows a little something about these things. Get back to the basics - the beginning, which as was pointed out - has not been proven, lol, yet.

By the way, since you want to put these stipulations about posting, ignoring, and replying to people - if you continue with these arrogant kiddie insults, then I will also stop replying to you. I've spent a nice portion of my life teaching and learning from individuals, and a good amount of time debating with quite a few. One quality that always is shown is respect for the other person - which apparantly you have a little trouble showing.
Your field is obviously far from biology. So take some time to learn from someone who knows more about it that you do. If you have taken the time to read it you would of quoted a portion of it you have a problem with and started talking of that but you didn't and I am therefore done with you.

Evolution has nothing to do with the creation of life. It has to do with how it has changed. If you read the thread, you would of known that. You extensive debating experience obviously includes ignoring the material of the subject you are debating. I have only been trying to help you kiddo.

But you have just started flaming so. . .

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

EyesOfTheDead
Level 25
Subtract from EyesOfTheDead's ReputationAdd to EyesOfTheDead's Reputation EyesOfTheDead is a novice
08-15-2006

[quote=MarkedAchilles]Evolution does not deal with that. It deals with the history of life, not the origin of life. That is a whole nother thread Mr. Duff.
quote]

^ Thats one reason why I think evolution is total bullshit. How can you explain to people (not just you but any scientists/professor/someone whos in the know) tell us what we could have evolved from when you couldn't tell us what hand you wipe your ass with? Why can't you explain what we came from? What is our origin? I understand it may be a, "whole n'other topic" but any explanation scientists give us is just guesswork and cannot be totally justified. And no. Science is not based on total and complete facts, its a bunch of peices here and there with bad explanations, or leading people away from the topic then saying, "And thats why we got shot out of a monkeys asshole", (which I know is not the evolutionary belief, its just an example of "scientific" explanations for everything)

And another thing I don't really understand, but do understand, is radiocarbon dating. I really, really believe there is a problem with this method. I am very skeptical about stuff in my history book about when Ghana, Mali, and Songhai empire important dates happened. (< Examples) Because its all based on radiocarbon dating which may be flawed significantly and they feed it to us with a golden spoon because its what they believe, not what is flawlessly the truth, and I think its bullshit. All we can know is what has happened since we started recording history. Outside of that is what was left of other cultures with languages that only they knew, which anthropologists try to decifer, and whom can be wrong.

What I'm basically am saying, or trying to say is that scientists don't know what the hell they are talking about. They could pull a theory out of their ass tommorrow, then find evidence to support it and get put in my fuckin science book, where it has no fuckin place to be, and its about shit I don't want to hear about, not because I'm a slacker, because it doesn't have SOLID proof that what the shit they're spewing is true, or what did happen. Its always what COULD have happened, but then people like you believe in it and go with it, but at the end of the day guess what? Its still a fucking misleading THEORY!

Last edited by EyesOfTheDead; 08-15-2006 at 04:14 PM.
MarkedAchilles
08-15-2006

Carbon dating deals with the half life of elements. You can time the rate at wich one element decays into another and use that to date material. But it is only one of a HUNDRED methods of dating stuff.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what you are asking. Are you asking where humans came from or are you asking where life came from.

Humans did not come from monkeys.

Get that out of your head right now. We shared a common ancestor with them but it didn't look like a monkey or us. It was something else altogether.

The problem with finding fossils that deal with that is that our ancestors were arboral. The remains in the forrest are hard to find because they do not fossilize that well. When our ancestors moved out into the plains that is where we find shitloads of fossils of our ancestors. But by then we were upright most of the time. There is a valley in Africa (rift valley) where we find most of these earliest fossils.

The statement that there are jumps from one to another is true in some cases. But evolutionary theory does not apply to that. Anything that is a theory is not something that is pieced together. It is tested against thousands and thousands of times to make sure it is right. It is harder than a law in that aspect.

Our movement from that common ancestor is as you described "patchy" because of the fossil evidence is like finding a needle in a haystack. But the evidence that we have is huge. It has been an area of study for many years with many people working on it. From the molecular side to physical analysis of bone structure the evidence is huge.

Post again so I can refocus on something. I am rambling.

a madmullet
Level 24
Subtract from a madmullet's ReputationAdd to a madmullet's Reputation a madmullet is a novice
Send a message via AIM to a madmullet
08-19-2006

How did earth start? If Adam and Eve where the first people ever, then how were they born ??
MarkedAchilles
08-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by a madmullet
How did earth start? If Adam and Eve where the first people ever, then how were they born ??
Personally no idea. No hypothesis is strong enough to speculate on the start of life. Start of earth there are a few decent ones but they are far from being a theory.

As for adam and eve, that was a story. There were no first humans.

a madmullet
Level 24
Subtract from a madmullet's ReputationAdd to a madmullet's Reputation a madmullet is a novice
Send a message via AIM to a madmullet
08-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Personally no idea. No hypothesis is strong enough to speculate on the start of life. Start of earth there are a few decent ones but they are far from being a theory.

As for adam and eve, that was a story. There were no first humans.

but if no humans how are we made some how some human had to be made ??? i rrealy wonder

but yo i love u achiles even when u ban me u think u could home school me instead of me goin to school ?
MarkedAchilles
08-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by a madmullet
but if no humans how are we made some how some human had to be made ??? i rrealy wonder

but yo i love u achiles even when u ban me u think u could home school me instead of me goin to school ?
Well we came from something that wasn't human. We evolved. We gradually changed through small changes until we were what we are now. Look at early humans. You can google some pics of them.

I never ban out of hate, but only of love. And yes, I would be happy to homeschool you or help you with any of your science classes. English you are on your own though. I am a horrible writer. Lowest grade after 6 years of college: College Reading and Writing.