Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
l Atrophy l
fghtffyrdmns
l Atrophy l's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 3,483
Subtract from l Atrophy l's ReputationAdd to l Atrophy l's Reputation l Atrophy l is a novice
Send a message via AIM to l Atrophy l
#71
12-28-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint View Post
and me randomly throwing stickies and frags on a team by myself will cancel out all of the other pro teams, destroy FB singlehandedly and make me the MLG champ of Vegas this year.


Be reasonable, what are the chances?

Good analogy.
If we are all Gods children, whats so special about Jesus?
White Rabiit
Level 12
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 137
Subtract from White Rabiit's ReputationAdd to White Rabiit's Reputation White Rabiit is a novice
#72
12-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutmeister View Post
Good analogy.
If we are all Gods children, whats so special about Jesus?
He did not sin, therefore he did not have to die. However he instead decided to be punished for ALL of our past sins and our sins to come. That is why christians think Jesus is so "special" (this is of course all according to what the bible says"

"Could you rephrase that, I don't quite get what you said."

Lol sorry about that. What I meant to say was. That if you believe in a being whos powers is beyond comprehension it is not hard to believe that this being is able to create something such as our earth in 7 days.

Last edited by White Rabiit; 12-29-2006 at 12:50 AM.
BooseHound
n00b (level 8)
BooseHound's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 22
Subtract from BooseHound's ReputationAdd to BooseHound's Reputation BooseHound is a novice
#73
12-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Buni View Post
I don't think that one religion is more correct than the next.
its not about what religion is better or "more correct",as you put it. all that matters is that you are happy with your life choice and you religion dosent hold you back in any way... oh wait all white light religions are like that already.
B
Hound
o
s
e
Virus is Bad
Level 18
Virus is Bad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 417
Subtract from Virus is Bad's ReputationAdd to Virus is Bad's Reputation Virus is Bad is a novice
#74
12-29-2006
Default

Quote:
If you don't believe in creation, then where did you come from, how were we created, how did this universe begin? Did our amazingly complicated body systems just evolve from a single celled organism laying on a rock 100 billion years ago?
Yes.....

Is santa real? The tooth fairy? Ester bunny? Pot of gold at the end of the rain bow? No....

But yet some magical person that nobody can ever see or never will see does? Dosent make any sense at all. God and/or the bible was just put togather to make children sleep better at night thinking they were safe or anything to make them happy. Just like all the holiday make up people.

Nothing in the bible can be proved with logic. Theory of evalution has been proved over and over and over again. Maybe nobody can provide the exact thing or how we evolved but evolution has been.

God created earth? Dinosours were here in the begining of time.....how come no where in the bible are the mentinoned at all? I guess they must be fake? All the bones and stuff?

Forgive me if 75% of my words are spelled wrong I cant see my keyboard its pitch dark and im tired as hell. But you get the idea.


Froggy618157725
Level 31
Froggy618157725's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,012
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
#75
12-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFloaTe® View Post
Here's a question for you, Who created 'God'?
No.
I refuse. Use the search button. That is the *insert large number here that increments by 1 every other time you refresh the page*th time that question has been asked, and I've run out of interesting ways to slam it into the ground.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
xX KaM1KaZe
Level 30
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Inside Jessica Alba
Posts: 1,815
Subtract from xX KaM1KaZe's ReputationAdd to xX KaM1KaZe's Reputation xX KaM1KaZe is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xX KaM1KaZe Send a message via MSN to xX KaM1KaZe
#76
12-29-2006
Default

Where would god come from?
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Froggy618157725's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,012
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
#77
12-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX KaM1KaZe View Post
Where would god come from?
Ok... Since you've obviously missed it the last 50 times, let's go through it once again.
G_d is the underlying reality to the universe. Everything that exists exists through G_d. At this point, the definition of G_d is so broad that is must be correct. Saying where would G_d come from is sorta like trying to install Halo PC on a computer in 1000 BC. It makes no sense. There is no outside or beyond G_d. Not even nothing exists independantly.

Now, if we define G_d as above, omnipresence and omnipotence are also given. What isn't given is the nature of G_d. Consciousness is guaranteed indirectly. We are conscious, we exist, existence is based upon G_d, therefore, in some form or another, G_d is conscious, if only in that we are.

meh, I'ma make a thread for this, 'cuz that question is way too common.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
White Rabiit
Level 12
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 137
Subtract from White Rabiit's ReputationAdd to White Rabiit's Reputation White Rabiit is a novice
#78
12-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidchaos View Post
Yes.....

Is santa real? The tooth fairy? Ester bunny? Pot of gold at the end of the rain bow? No....

But yet some magical person that nobody can ever see or never will see does? Dosent make any sense at all. God and/or the bible was just put togather to make children sleep better at night thinking they were safe or anything to make them happy. Just like all the holiday make up people.

Nothing in the bible can be proved with logic. Theory of evalution has been proved over and over and over again. Maybe nobody can provide the exact thing or how we evolved but evolution has been.

God created earth? Dinosours were here in the begining of time.....how come no where in the bible are the mentinoned at all? I guess they must be fake? All the bones and stuff?

Forgive me if 75% of my words are spelled wrong I cant see my keyboard its pitch dark and im tired as hell. But you get the idea.
The theory of evolution was proven? I thought it relied on the same thing it did over 100 hundred yeas ago when it was popularized Darwin. Macrotransitions in DNA (which is not a change in DNA that change the species from one to another but instead changes the appearance and such but remains the same species) and the tree of life (which has missing links). The tree of life has no evedince behind it and the only evedince supporting macrotanistions in DNA to my knowledge is microtransitions in DNA.

Since Darwin’s time, the theory of evolution developed through people writing books. Nothing dug up out of the ground (or discovered anywhere else) has ever supported the theory of evolution. Examine the books that promote evolution yourself.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Froggy618157725's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,012
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
#79
12-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabiit View Post
The theory of evolution was proven? I thought it relied on the same thing it did over 100 hundred yeas ago when it was popularized Darwin. Macrotransitions in DNA (which is not a change in DNA that change the species from one to another but instead changes the appearance and such but remains the same species) and the tree of life (which has missing links). The tree of life has no evedince behind it and the only evedince supporting macrotanistions in DNA to my knowledge is microtransitions in DNA.

Since Darwin’s time, the theory of evolution developed through people writing books. Nothing dug up out of the ground (or discovered anywhere else) has ever supported the theory of evolution. Examine the books that promote evolution yourself.
Genetic mutations happen. Natural selection happens. These are facts. Evolution happens. There are tons of pieces of evidence. We've not only exploited genetics to change species, but we've created new species through it. There are also plenty of examples of evolution, the most obvious one being Darwin's Finches.

Now, attacking this from a more divine view, why on Earth (lol, unintentional pun) would you create things that do not change in a place that does change. It wouldn't work. If things got to a certain point, everything would be wiped out. A self correction system is a very good thing to have.

Another view: When making a large program, I like to start off with a nice foundation that I know works. I can then modify things to make the next program. Why should I have to start from scratch when making similar things?
Programming analogies own.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
White Rabiit
Level 12
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 137
Subtract from White Rabiit's ReputationAdd to White Rabiit's Reputation White Rabiit is a novice
#80
12-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
Genetic mutations happen. Natural selection happens. These are facts. Evolution happens. There are tons of pieces of evidence. We've not only exploited genetics to change species, but we've created new species through it. There are also plenty of examples of evolution, the most obvious one being Darwin's Finches.

Now, attacking this from a more divine view, why on Earth (lol, unintentional pun) would you create things that do not change in a place that does change. It wouldn't work. If things got to a certain point, everything would be wiped out. A self correction system is a very good thing to have.

Another view: When making a large program, I like to start off with a nice foundation that I know works. I can then modify things to make the next program. Why should I have to start from scratch when making similar things?
Programming analogies own.
Correct things in DNA change to adapt to the current enviorement and such. These changes are called mIcrostranistions in DNA (they remain the same species). Also how is natural selection fact? Why is it that some renegade animals decided not to change while others did? What proof is there supporting natural selection. There is none (to my knowledge) It makes no sense that some animals changed while others did not.

"Stephen Jay Gould (an evolutionist) stated, “Most species exhibit no directional change during their tenure on earth. They appear in the fossil record looking pretty much the same as when they disappear; morphological change is usually limited and direction less.” Therefore, both living fossils and the fossil record itself are in conflict with the theory of evolution, which normally teaches that we should see constant change in species.not stasis. Actually, the concept of stasis fits the Bible’s creation model perfectly. We would expect created plants and animals to remain in stasis.the way God created them."

The final paragraph of my post is taken from "http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/creation.shtml" (is froggy happy now?)

Last edited by White Rabiit; 12-31-2006 at 01:40 PM.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Before Posting A Question *READ!* H3F Carnage Halo Videos 6 09-02-2006 06:49 AM
Pros/-+Sweeping/-+Twitching Question.. - ??? dethvib Halo Discussion 40 05-15-2006 01:33 PM
Double Shot Question (Specific) (No, I searched. This is different.) dethvib Halo Discussion 4 04-01-2006 02:47 AM
MM Question - Levels across the scope (No search results) dethvib Halo Discussion 17 02-06-2006 06:39 PM