Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
09-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair
It's actually incredibly easy to see, if you understand the principles of evolution. Oh yeah, and the Big Bang and evolution have nothing to do with each other, and it's not musterious at all. Do a bit of research on the String Theory...

The main problem with string theory is that you can't really prove or disprove it. Atleast not from what I've heard. And what I've heard is Elegant Universe, which never quite says just what string theory is. Evolution is the manifestation of genetic mutation 'n stuff. Big Bang theory is the developement of the young universe to now. Whole different topic, but you still should try to step back and sneak a peak at the whole picture. As though it helps...
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
xReV
Level 12
Subtract from xReV's ReputationAdd to xReV's Reputation xReV is a novice
09-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie
It's only funny if you're really well known and have a reputation for being funny.
Harsh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Are Pro
I know the meaning of life, but im not telling. I pinky swore with God :P
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
09-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725
The main problem with string theory is that you can't really prove or disprove it. Atleast not from what I've heard. And what I've heard is Elegant Universe, which never quite says just what string theory is. Evolution is the manifestation of genetic mutation 'n stuff. Big Bang theory is the developement of the young universe to now. Whole different topic, but you still should try to step back and sneak a peak at the whole picture. As though it helps...
Your right about the String Theory - as of right now, it can neither be proven, nor disproven. It's still incredibly facinating to study - especially once you get elbow deep into the math side of it all.
LighteN
Level 26
Subtract from LighteN's ReputationAdd to LighteN's Reputation LighteN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to LighteN
09-22-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman34
religion is bs

i dont know how were were creeated but would like to find out
<sarcasrm>Man you seem really confident with your beliefs.</sarcasm>

Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
09-22-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover
I am well known, to everyone but, you.
I hadn't seen your name except for the two posts you've made in this section, sorry.

But seriously, voice some opinion, not just try to be funny.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
xReNeGaDe RioTx
Level 11
Subtract from xReNeGaDe RioTx's ReputationAdd to xReNeGaDe RioTx's Reputation xReNeGaDe RioTx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xReNeGaDe RioTx
11-18-2006

Alright let me explain evolution to you...every thing started with one cell, that cell goes though a process called mitosis and splits into two cells. The daughter cell is not an exact replica of the mother cell and instead it has some modifications in it. These 2 cells continue to spill and create many cells with different purposes. This causes life to form on Earth. From this one living organizm, all life is spawned through the same process. This is also how a fetus is transformed in the womb. So if this can happen inside the human body as well as every other living thing, than why couldnt it have happened 100 billion years ago on a rock?
Renegade can be found in the Debate forum.
I M4STA I
Level 29
Subtract from I M4STA I's ReputationAdd to I M4STA I's Reputation I M4STA I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I M4STA I
11-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaster View Post
I dont think a superior being could create everything with such complexity in just 6 days.
Kind of off the original topic but if wanted, God could create 10x more then the complex universe with the snap of a finger, but with the 6 day thing, God lives in a forever lasting heaven. We don't know how long a day was considered, but probably not our 24 hours.
AIM-MastaMatt55
Myspace

moose r smelly
fapping bbl lol
Subtract from moose r smelly's ReputationAdd to moose r smelly's Reputation moose r smelly is a novice
Send a message via AIM to moose r smelly
11-19-2006

As far as how the universe was created, I don't believe there is a definite answer. I don't think anyone knows for sure. What religion is in my mind, is an easy way out. I causes you to not think about the larger questions in life like how the universe was created by just being able to say "God did it in 7 days." People that don't believe in creation don't know, and are trying to find out.

Your second question can be answered in one word. Yes. Our bodies were created from single cell organisms evolving over hundreds of millions of years.
wsup den
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
11-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose r smelly View Post
As far as how the universe was created, I don't believe there is a definite answer. I don't think anyone knows for sure. What religion is in my mind, is an easy way out. I causes you to not think about the larger questions in life like how the universe was created by just being able to say "God did it in 7 days." People that don't believe in creation don't know, and are trying to find out.
Is it possible for there to not be a definite answer? It's possible that there is no way to determine what that answer is, but I don't think that negates its existance. Many people do use religion as a cop out, 'cause they're n00bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaster View Post
I dont think a superior being could create everything with such complexity in just 6 days.
Time is irrelevant. (for the 575.5th time) Without the universe, time doesn't exist, anyways. Or atleast not time as we know it in the universe. Hurray for self proving definitions. If G_d created the universe, G_d created time, and is not bound by it. He probably amuses himself explaining this concept to people that've just died. That's what I would do, anyways
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
11-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
Is it possible for there to not be a definite answer? It's possible that there is no way to determine what that answer is, but I don't think that negates its existance. Many people do use religion as a cop out, 'cause they're n00bs.

Time is irrelevant. (for the 575.5th time) Without the universe, time doesn't exist, anyways. Or atleast not time as we know it in the universe. Hurray for self proving definitions. If G_d created the universe, G_d created time, and is not bound by it. He probably amuses himself explaining this concept to people that've just died. That's what I would do, anyways
Actually...I have a theory that death will cure our ignorance, because we will no longer be limited to human bodies.

It's almost like death is the "supreme realization/cure".

In short, by the time we get to heaven...we'll be able to see the same things that God has seen/does see. And not so much in the "OOOOOooooh. So THAT's how it's done." type of thing...as much as a "sudden change of perspectives" from one of the individual who resided on earth...to one of an all-seeing spirit that can no longer be involved in the dimensions of reality.

By shedding our limitations, we are no longer bound by restriction.
Death will cure humanity.

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie