Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tormaster Send a message via MSN to Tormaster
09-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda
matter can't defy the physics that something had to originate from something else. at least science today has yet to prove that.
fridaycaleb brought up an interesting question, everyone is complaining about God's creator, did you ever stop to think about how the big bang happened?
God at least can exist outside of what we normally consider this box that we call 'life.' something which starts at a beginning and always finishes with a end. think outside of mortal restrictions, God was, is, and always will be. but because of death and the life cycle it's a difficult concept for non-believers to accept. call bullcrap, call anything you want, but for now there is no definitive evidence for either side. cuz if there were, this forum wouldn't really exist, or then again it might, but it would be one hell of an uphill battle for those believing in god(s)
Its to bad that there is more and more evidence being found for the non believers and the believers will stay in the same situation because there is no way to prove that god exists and there is no way to prove he wrote the bible, for all we know the bible could have been wrote by a crazy man sitting up in the mountains.

GT: torwizzle

add for customs and all that crap.
Darth Hulk
Level 34
Subtract from Darth Hulk's ReputationAdd to Darth Hulk's Reputation Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Darth Hulk Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Hulk Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Hulk
09-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaster
Its to bad that there is more and more evidence being found for the non believers and the believers will stay in the same situation because there is no way to prove that god exists and there is no way to prove he wrote the bible, for all we know the bible could have been wrote by a crazy man sitting up in the mountains.
Wait, are you saying that it wasn't? If so, then my whole life perspective has been comprimised.

SNAKES ON A PLANE
fridaycaleb
Level 28
Subtract from fridaycaleb's ReputationAdd to fridaycaleb's Reputation fridaycaleb is a novice
09-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaster
Christianity is about faith and knowing in your heart that God exists. We don't have to prove anything to know that God is real, i'm not sure that evolutionists, athiests, ect. can say that about their beliefs. MurDa put it beautifully. Oh and Tormaster the bible was written mostly by normal people, God didn't write the bible, he influenced the lifes of the writers. You should have paid more attention during church.

<3 you tanker
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
09-20-2006

As a side note to this whole issue, its interesting to me that the question of God and faith is the only time we do this.

There is nothing else where we accept production without a producer. In no other areas of life and interaction do we steadfastly promote that they came about by nothing. There isn't one invention or technical device that we use in our everyday life that we don't believe/know to have an inventor or creator or constructor. There isnt one building, house, or other place that we visit that we just assume happened by chance. Whenever people look into past history, even something like cave drawings and old pottery, we know that someone somewhere had to make them. Its just simple logic really.

So why do we try so hard and make so many bounds to attempt to prove that life and the complex processes and cycles that surround it came about by chance with no designer or producer?
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
09-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaycaleb
explain how something as complicated as the human eye evolved from a single cell, which came from some huge coincidental big bang in our universe that also was mysteriously created.
We have a whole thread where I have already explained that. But if you really want me to do it again. . . .

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
09-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
We have a whole thread where I have already explained that. But if you really want me to do it again. . . .
He be tryin' you, dawg.

You wont.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
09-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover
If any god exists, it's me. /thread
It's only funny if you're really well known and have a reputation for being funny.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
09-21-2006

Quote:
explain how something as complicated as the human eye evolved from a single cell, which came from some huge coincidental big bang in our universe that also was mysteriously created.
It's actually incredibly easy to see, if you understand the principles of evolution. Oh yeah, and the Big Bang and evolution have nothing to do with each other, and it's not musterious at all. Do a bit of research on the String Theory...
AyL ReiGN
Thowed
Subtract from AyL ReiGN's ReputationAdd to AyL ReiGN's Reputation AyL ReiGN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to AyL ReiGN
09-21-2006

Quote:
Like I said

Evolution
Live half of life, and throw the rest away

fridaycaleb
Level 28
Subtract from fridaycaleb's ReputationAdd to fridaycaleb's Reputation fridaycaleb is a novice
09-21-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyL ReiGN
Like I said

Evolution
you seem to know so much about evolution.

<3 you tanker