Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
09-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by `NthErik.
I'm sick of hearing people saying "But look around! How can someone other than God have done this?!"

How can you tell this is advanced? What if the universe unfolded completely differently and were 10x more advanced? This universe cannot be compared to anything else, so you can't say we're advanced or that human life is amazing.
It's entirely possible that all life formed entirely out of coincidence, and it's also possible that someone or something created life, I just don't know which, and I won't ever know for sure.

El Oh El
Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tormaster Send a message via MSN to Tormaster
09-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaycaleb
Have you read the book of Genesis?

Even better questions where did god come from?

GT: torwizzle

add for customs and all that crap.
Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
09-19-2006

actually the big bang theory makes sence, the universe started with matter and anit-matter in proportion to one and other one day matter and anti-matter crashed into each other and the result was BANG matter won and flew all over the universe cancling out the anti-matter making stars and planets and what not.

I just cant believe that there is a superior being defying the laws of physics and creating matter and engery out of thin air, it just cant happen. The universe started with an exact amount of matter and will end with the exact same amount. I dont think a superior being could create everything with such complexity in just 6 days. I think religion is just something that people make to answer questions that they cannot answer themselves like what created us and where do we go when we die. I do not know these answeres for sure but i do know that a god cannot do such things no matter how awesome and powerful he is.

Last edited by Tormaster; 09-19-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
09-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaster
actually the big bang theory makes sence, the universe started with matter and anit-matter in proportion to one and other one day matter and anti-matter crashed into each other and the result was BANG matter won and flew all over the universe cancling out the anti-matter making stars and planets and what not.

Thats totally correct,

and me randomly throwing stickies and frags on a team by myself will cancel out all of the other pro teams, destroy FB singlehandedly and make me the MLG champ of Vegas this year.

Be reasonable, what are the chances?
Tormaster
Level 24
09-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint
Thats totally correct,

and me randomly throwing stickies and frags on a team by myself will cancel out all of the other pro teams, destroy FB singlehandedly and make me the MLG champ of Vegas this year.

Be reasonable, what are the chances?
Heh good try but anti-matter has been created by scientists http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...un_030929.html

`NthErik.
Amokläufer
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
09-19-2006

Quote:
El Oh El
Nice, great argument.

Midpoint
Level 40
09-19-2006

Quote:
Nice, great argument.

Im sorry, thats all that I could muster for someone who says that an entity as complex, as resourceful, as varied, and as technical as the human body isn't amazing.
`NthErik.
Amokläufer
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
09-19-2006

Quote:
Im sorry, thats all that I could muster for someone who says that an entity as complex, as resourceful, as varied, and as technical as the human body isn't amazing.
It could be 100x more complex, varied, etc.

You don't know all the possibilities that could've been formed from the beginning of the universe, it could be much worse and much better. We have no place to say that we're advanced or complex if we have nothing to compare it to.

Sure, the human body is fascinating in the way everything comes together and works as well as it does, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better.

muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
09-19-2006

Quote:
It could be 100x more complex, varied, etc.

You don't know all the possibilities that could've been formed from the beginning of the universe, it could be much worse and much better. We have no place to say that we're advanced or complex if we have nothing to compare it to.

Sure, the human body is fascinating in the way everything comes together and works as well as it does, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better.
kinda like the point someone(i don't remember who) brought up that the only possibilities we have of knowing about a particular thing are only the ones that we have met objectively through experience or the ones we have created in our minds.
wiggl3s
Level 11
Subtract from wiggl3s's ReputationAdd to wiggl3s's Reputation wiggl3s is a novice
09-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaycaleb
I would like to see some of the responses i get from this question.

If you don't believe in creation, then where did you come from, how were we created, how did this universe begin? Did our amazingly complicated body systems just evolve from a single celled organism laying on a rock 100 billion years ago?
If you belive in creationism where did god come from?

Gods mom