Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
What about the eye? It's evolution is traceable from a single light sensitive cell that could only differentiate light from dark, to one that could differentiate shapes, to one that represents what we have today.
I found that Sclerotinia can sense 3 different colors of light to direct its above ground and submerged hyphal growth. It is a fungus.

The basic photoreceptors it has are found in many other species of plants and animals.

It will be published in "Phytopathology" in the next year.

Circadian Rythym vs. Photobiology override is complicated sh.t. The eye is easy

PS: And I was 6 credits from a philosophy minor ass munch

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJamesV View Post
I know how I got here and it wasn't from a monkey nor an explosion of chemicals. Listen, evolution is taught as a theory along with the big bang theory. They are not facts and they will never be proven to be facts and I bet my life on it. If you want to know how we got here read the book of Genesis. I probably will never convince any of you that the Bible is true, so I'll stop here. I will pray that you all will turn to Jesus Christ before it is too late.

Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" KJV

Romans 1:22 "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," KJV
You really do not belong in the Debate forum or in any actual debate. Try walking around the world without the Theory of Gravity. . .

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 03-29-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
03-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizZLe View Post
We were so close to having a debate free thread...
Hahaha, oh so close...
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
03-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
You really do not belong in the Debate forum or in any actual debate. Try walking around the world without the Theory of Gravity. . .
Someone might actually claim that Gravity is actually a law, but a smart individual would recognize that deals with Newtons Universal Law of Gravitation, which deals with planetary objects.

Gravity is your friend, even if it's a theory...
H 2 F R e G s
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
03-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJamesV View Post
Romans 1:22 "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," KJV
I just realized that you included this verse...
It's usually not a good idea to call the people you are debating fools because it opens up the floodgates of people who debate against you...

Ideally, a 1-1 debate is the best because you can respond with appropriate time considerations, whereas debating 8-1 means that responding to everyone will practically take forever!

Here's a verse for you:

"So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another." (Romans 14:1-13)
H 2 F R e G s
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
03-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
Someone might actually claim that Gravity is actually a law, but a smart individual would recognize that deals with Newtons Universal Law of Gravitation, which deals with planetary objects.

Gravity is your friend, even if it's a theory...
Newtons laws of gravitation are just mathematical laws that describe experimental results. The theory of gravity explains those laws. That's why theories are so much more powerful than laws. Laws kind of such, and even in Newton's case weren't 100% accurate without the true application of the theory itself.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
SUICIDALMUFFINS
Level 22
Subtract from SUICIDALMUFFINS's ReputationAdd to SUICIDALMUFFINS's Reputation SUICIDALMUFFINS is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SUICIDALMUFFINS
06-15-2009

1. What/Who is God?A mystical being that im supposed to believe in because it "right"

What God are you speaking of?I woulnt know im atheist

What does the term believe constitute in your mind?Something you feel strongly about I do not believe in "god"

2.Where do I get my source of information from?My own mind,I run my life,its not all destiny.

3.How do I know it’s true?I BELIEVE its true

4.What if I’m wrong? Then i'll be spending eternity in hell.Oh well..........

Honestly I believe the figment of god only holds us back as humans and only causes pain and misery.
(i.e the crusades,9/11,terrorism etc...)

Last edited by SUICIDALMUFFINS; 06-15-2009 at 10:56 PM.