Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
zyphex
Level 25
Subtract from zyphex's ReputationAdd to zyphex's Reputation zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to zyphex
03-24-2009

So what are we debating...?
GT: Zyphex
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
03-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphex View Post
So what are we debating...?
At the moment, nothing...
You have to realize that although this section may say "Religion Debate," there's a lot of history between some individuals here, so when I make a post regarding something that may not necessitate argument, it's alright because it deals with religion in general. Understand?
H 2 F R e G s
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
03-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
1. First, you need to define your terms: What/Who is God? What God are you speaking of? What does the term believe constitute in your mind?
Sovereign, omniscient, omnipresent, outside the realm of our universe and time as we know it. He cannot be fully understood, our minds cannot even begin to fathom such a thing.

Quote:
2. Where do I get my source of information from?
Experience in life, critically thinking, meditating, reading, and observing.

Quote:
3. How do I know it’s true?
I do not.

Quote:
4. What if I’m wrong?
If I am wrong then I will just have to see what really does happen, if anything at all, after I die.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
03-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KON5PIRACY View Post
I will be answering each question honestly an respectfully.

1. What/Who is GOD? .I have no words on who it is or what it is, but the best explanation I can say. Is energy that is aware of itself through all things.

What GOD? .All.

What does the term believe constitute in your mind? .Gathered information that is accepted through the individual.

2. Where do I get my source of information from? .Information=Internet an ones experiences.

3. How do I know itís true? .I don't.

4. What if Iím wrong? .Then, one learns from ones mistakes.

Thanks an Namaste
a-n-d.

10char
Delay
Level 44
03-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KON5PIRACY View Post
I knaht uoy rof eht noitcerroc.
No prob, it was bugging the heck out of me.
KingJamesV
Level 11
Subtract from KingJamesV's ReputationAdd to KingJamesV's Reputation KingJamesV is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KingJamesV Send a message via MSN to KingJamesV Send a message via Yahoo to KingJamesV
03-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
Here are four questions that every person must answer, regardless of what beliefs you claim to live under:

(OK, maybe there's a few more than four )

1. First, you need to define your terms: What/Who is God? What God are you speaking of? What does the term believe constitute in your mind?

2. Where do I get my source of information from?

3. How do I know it’s true?

4. What if I’m wrong?
1. The God of the Bible. Father, Son(Jesus Christ), Holy Ghost (1 John 5:7 KJV)

2. The King James Bible of 1611

3. Because life itself is too complex to explain. For there to be a creation there must be a creator.

4. I'm not wrong. Why would I waste my time believing something if I thought it might be wrong?

Psalm 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.." KJV

1 Timothy 1:15 "..Christ Jesus
came into the world to save sinners.." KJV

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." KJV

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." KJV

Last edited by KingJamesV; 03-28-2009 at 10:32 PM.
SizZLe
No More Locked Doors
Subtract from SizZLe's ReputationAdd to SizZLe's Reputation SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to SizZLe Send a message via MSN to SizZLe
03-28-2009

We were so close to having a debate free thread...
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-28-2009

Just because life is too complicated for some to understand don't lump the rest of us in your bubble of stupid.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
KingJamesV
Level 11
Subtract from KingJamesV's ReputationAdd to KingJamesV's Reputation KingJamesV is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KingJamesV Send a message via MSN to KingJamesV Send a message via Yahoo to KingJamesV
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Just because life is too complicated for some to understand don't lump the rest of us in your bubble of stupid.
Stupid? Anyone that has studied Anatomy knows that the human body is too complex for it to come from a ball of gas exploding a million or a billion years ago.

Psalm 14:1

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." KJV

Last edited by KingJamesV; 03-29-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
03-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJamesV View Post
Stupid? Anyone that has studied Anatomy knows that the human body is too complex for it to come from a ball of gas exploding a million or a billion years ago.

Psalm 14:1
Exhibit A:

Certainly such a complex shape could only arise from some very bizarre thing. Oh wait, it's z^2+c. Turns out complexity can arise from quite simple starting conditions.

What you're saying is that if you don't understand how it happened, it couldn't possibly have happened, which is quite flawed. Worse, actually, you're saying you don't know how we came to be here, so I'm going to gloss over it with goddidit, which, in understanding how things work, is irrelevant. Additionally, you add many specific demands in your claim that don't follow from anything else, using circular logic. Meh.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar