Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Enervate You
H2F Regular
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,220
Subtract from Enervate You's ReputationAdd to Enervate You's Reputation Enervate You is a novice
#1
03-13-2007
Default A question for believers.......

I would like to see some of the responses I get from this question.

If you believe in creation, then where did you come from, how were you created, how did this universe begin, and, where did God come from? Do you honestly expect people to believe that our amazing complicated universe was created in 6 days by one entity 6,000 years ago?


- This thread is obviously a spoof on the rediculous "A question for nonbelievers......." thread composed by fridaycaleb. I found it intriguing that some one would actually argue the evidence supporting science, or at the very least, Deism, in favor for a stance that is entirely faith-based with zero evidence supporting their cause (save for a book written thousands of years ago written by man full to the brim with factual errors).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVideo View Post
if it was Steve Jobs then you would probably have to pay HIM a buck to watch the ad.
It would also only be available in encrypted QT format, playable only on any Mac or iPhone.
I respect:
NiceGuy
MarkedAchilles

Froggy618157725
Rebal771
Darth Hulk
Midpoint
Cursed Lemon
Sideburns
Level 26
Sideburns's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 967
Subtract from Sideburns's ReputationAdd to Sideburns's Reputation Sideburns is a novice
#2
03-14-2007
Default

Ive gone to church for almost every weekend for almost 18 years now, and they never seem to talk about stuff like that, ill give you my best answer, but im not even sure if i believe it.
Apparently all that stuff happened when God decided, but I have no idea where the hell he came from, and i suppose if God is a god then he can easily create the world in 6 days.



GT: ThE SiDeBuRnZ

-Sex can wait, masturbate-
[]D[][]V[][]D
Level 28
[]D[][]V[][]D's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dekalb,Illinois
Posts: 1,057
Subtract from []D[][]V[][]D's ReputationAdd to []D[][]V[][]D's Reputation []D[][]V[][]D is a novice
#3
03-14-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enervate You View Post
I would like to see some of the responses I get from this question.

If you believe in creation, then where did you come from, how were you created, how did this universe begin, and, where did God come from? Do you honestly expect people to believe that our amazing complicated universe was created in 6 days by one entity 6,000 years ago?
I dnno why im even gonna bother to answer this but i will anyways.

Creationist belive that God has been around forever and that he created the earth in 6 litteral days. and no we dont expect people to belive us, obviously we already know that alot of people dont belive us and alot of people like yourself are very quick to tell us that lol. But is it really that hard to belive that this amazingly complicated universe was made by a creater, i meen i personally find it harder to belive that this amazingly complex universe was made all by chance.

also you asked where God came from but id like to ask you, where did the matter come from that created the big bang?


`NthErik.
Amokläufer
`NthErik.'s Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 9,263
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
#4
03-14-2007
Default

I hate so much how people say our universe is 'amazing' or 'complex'. How would you know? All you know is that it's big, you have nothing else to compare it to. Our universe could potentially be very simplistic compared to other universes (if more exist), there's no way to know whether it truly is complex or not. By saying 'God did it', you're just providing a very basic response to a very hard question answer.

davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
davobrosia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22,593
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
#5
03-14-2007
Default

Not to mention saying it was all created by "chance" is a straw man. Evolution (including cosmological evolution) works more like a ratchet than a lottery.
Spoiler!
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Froggy618157725's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,012
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
#6
03-14-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enervate You View Post
I would like to see some of the responses I get from this question.

If you believe in creation, then where did you come from, how were you created, how did this universe begin, and, where did God come from? Do you honestly expect people to believe that our amazing complicated universe was created in 6 days by one entity 6,000 years ago?


- This thread is obviously a spoof on the rediculous "A question for nonbelievers......." thread composed by fridaycaleb. I found it intriguing that some one would actually argue the evidence supporting science, or at the very least, Deism, in favor for a stance that is entirely faith-based with zero evidence supporting their cause (save for a book written thousands of years ago written by man full to the brim with factual errors).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
This thread is to end all of these "Well, where did he come from?" type questions. This thread is intended to explore the nature of G_d, starting from a purely logical perspective, if at all possible. We'll start with the simplest definition, and work from there. You can bring religious ideas in, of course, but back it up.

The starting definition: G_d is the underlying reality of existence.

G_d is the underlying reality to the universe. Everything that exists exists through G_d. At this point, the definition of G_d is so broad that is must be correct. Saying where would G_d come from is sorta like trying to install Halo PC on a computer in 1000 BC. It makes no sense. There is no outside or beyond G_d. Not even nothing exists independently.

Now, if we define G_d as above, omnipresence and omnipotence are also given. What isn't given is the nature of G_d. Consciousness is guaranteed indirectly. We are conscious, we exist, existence is based upon G_d, therefore, in some form or another, G_d is conscious, if only in that we are.

Feel free to add to, challenge, or correct any of the above.

...
Extract from topic I made a while back.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
Enervate You
H2F Regular
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,220
Subtract from Enervate You's ReputationAdd to Enervate You's Reputation Enervate You is a novice
#7
03-14-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by []D[][]V[][]D View Post
I dnno why im even gonna bother to answer this but i will anyways.

Creationist belive that God has been around forever and that he created the earth in 6 litteral days. and no we dont expect people to belive us, obviously we already know that alot of people dont belive us and alot of people like yourself are very quick to tell us that lol. But is it really that hard to belive that this amazingly complicated universe was made by a creater, i meen i personally find it harder to belive that this amazingly complex universe was made all by chance.

also you asked where God came from but id like to ask you, where did the matter come from that created the big bang?
The problem is that you're trying to prove that God exists. You believe in him based on faith, not fact. You don't know if there is or ever was a God. For me to have to disprove something you would first have to prove it.

I'm also curious as to how you can believe in Creationism with no proof at all that everything was made by a Creator. Science offers very logical information with supporting evidence to support their theories. Christianity offers "believe in it because so many people have for a really long time."

It may be a lost cause to try to reason with you, but, oh well... at least it's entertaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVideo View Post
if it was Steve Jobs then you would probably have to pay HIM a buck to watch the ad.
It would also only be available in encrypted QT format, playable only on any Mac or iPhone.
I respect:
NiceGuy
MarkedAchilles

Froggy618157725
Rebal771
Darth Hulk
Midpoint
Cursed Lemon
Jack Eh
Level 11
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 71
Subtract from Jack Eh's ReputationAdd to Jack Eh's Reputation Jack Eh is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Jack Eh
#8
03-15-2007
Default

Yes I believe in God and creation and all that =)
Jack Eh
Level 11
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 71
Subtract from Jack Eh's ReputationAdd to Jack Eh's Reputation Jack Eh is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Jack Eh
#9
03-15-2007
Default

I'm also curious as to how you can believe in Creationism with no proof at all that everything was made by a Creator. Science offers very logical information with supporting evidence to support their theories. Christianity offers "believe in it because so many people have for a really long time."

That's actually a good point
[]D[][]V[][]D
Level 28
[]D[][]V[][]D's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dekalb,Illinois
Posts: 1,057
Subtract from []D[][]V[][]D's ReputationAdd to []D[][]V[][]D's Reputation []D[][]V[][]D is a novice
#10
03-15-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enervate You View Post
The problem is that you're trying to prove that God exists. You believe in him based on faith, not fact. You don't know if there is or ever was a God. For me to have to disprove something you would first have to prove it.

I'm also curious as to how you can believe in Creationism with no proof at all that everything was made by a Creator. Science offers very logical information with supporting evidence to support their theories. Christianity offers "believe in it because so many people have for a really long time."

It may be a lost cause to try to reason with you, but, oh well... at least it's entertaining.
Im not going to debate this too much because i have too much and its boring and will go nowhere but science still takes belife, you belive that that ball of matter that created the big bang was always there, see belife,

also your using circular reasoning because ur saying im wrong because youre right, yet have still yet to prove that you are right, problem will never be solved.


 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off