Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
PhilliesPhan
Auld Lang Syne
Subtract from PhilliesPhan's ReputationAdd to PhilliesPhan's Reputation PhilliesPhan is a novice
Send a message via AIM to PhilliesPhan
02-20-2007

Times have changed. Society isn't as violent.

/thread
Mobb was here.
Superjonboy
Level 17
Subtract from Superjonboy's ReputationAdd to Superjonboy's Reputation Superjonboy is a novice
02-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Times have changed. Society isn't as violent.
Exactly, Jesus was advocating this even in Roman times, and today we definitely do not
live anything like any society of 4 to 6 thousand years ago.

GOP= Gods Own Party

Towards a more Savage Nation
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
02-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERO ADAM View Post
Most of that is also stories that weren't supposed to be taken literally from a book written thousands of years ago.

Christianity FTL? How about let people believe what they will, and you believe what you want? You don't see Christians posting topics saying "How do you think we were made", do you? Show respect for people's beliefs, especially if they show respect for yours. I've never had a Christian person tell me I was wrong, yet I see people doing vice versa all the time.

Stop.
So, you honestly believe that the death penalty for those sorts of things weren't carried out? It wasn't so long ago that people were hung based on suspicions that they were witches. Well, probably more suspicions that dead people don't take their land with them. That's far more ridiculous than thinking the laws of the time had any weight.

You can show respect for people, but if a belief can be demonstrated to be false, or highly unlikely, not sharing it would be far more harmful than "respecting the belief".
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
ZERO ADAM
Level 14
Subtract from ZERO ADAM's ReputationAdd to ZERO ADAM's Reputation ZERO ADAM is a novice
02-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
So, you honestly believe that the death penalty for those sorts of things weren't carried out? It wasn't so long ago that people were hung based on suspicions that they were witches. Well, probably more suspicions that dead people don't take their land with them. That's far more ridiculous than thinking the laws of the time had any weight.
You gathered all that from my post? Or did you just want an excuse to type all that? I didn't say that those things weren't carried out, I know Christians have made alot of mistakes, so have lots of religions. I'm not going to hold that against them, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725
You can show respect for people, but if a belief can be demonstrated to be false, or highly unlikely, not sharing it would be far more harmful than "respecting the belief".
I know, I know. I just hate seeing anything from that site on this forum, especially since everything on that site is common sense and all Christians are aware of that. I was more against the idea of posting common sense that has been posted a million times before than the fact he's going against Christianity, y'know.

IndoKRoNiK
Level 22
Subtract from IndoKRoNiK's ReputationAdd to IndoKRoNiK's Reputation IndoKRoNiK is stuck in campaign mode
02-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enervate You View Post
When was the last time you murdered some one? Didn't you know you're supposed to?

Couldn't we try spanking?

Seems kind of harsh...

Okay...

Wow... so much killing involved.

And the list goes on and on. Death, burning, stoning, crucifying. [sarcasm]Seems like a religion that should be pro-life, anti-abortion, anti-war etc.[/sarcasm] You would be hard-pressed to find a book in the Bible that doesn't involve telling you to kill a person.

Hypocrites FTL.

Happy Mardi Gras
Did you just call this thread "calling all christians..."???? Those versus you found are in the old testament. not the new testament. Those are more of jewish laws so you should be calling out all jews. You could have brought up an "eye for an eye", but that was changed in the New Testament just like some of these. Back then, you could get killed for anything,
wow, bungie. wow.
Restored
Level 24
Subtract from Restored's ReputationAdd to Restored's Reputation Restored is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Restored Send a message via MSN to Restored
02-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoKRoNiK View Post
Did you just call this thread "calling all christians..."???? Those versus you found are in the old testament. not the new testament. Those are more of jewish laws so you should be calling out all jews. You could have brought up an "eye for an eye", but that was changed in the New Testament just like some of these. Back then, you could get killed for anything,
exactly...
You should call my photographer because I only take headshots
THE COLTS ARE SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!!!
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
02-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERO ADAM View Post
You gathered all that from my post? Or did you just want an excuse to type all that? I didn't say that those things weren't carried out, I know Christians have made alot of mistakes, so have lots of religions. I'm not going to hold that against them, though.
Meh, the implications.
Quote:
I know, I know. I just hate seeing anything from that site on this forum, especially since everything on that site is common sense and all Christians are aware of that. I was more against the idea of posting common sense that has been posted a million times before than the fact he's going against Christianity, y'know.

A'ight. But what site are you talking about?
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
Superjonboy
Level 17
Subtract from Superjonboy's ReputationAdd to Superjonboy's Reputation Superjonboy is a novice
02-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post

Sure some people were killed, and it wasnt right or fair, because often the tests to determine who was a Witch were insanely stupid and proved nothing about anything. mostly the supposed "tests" often killed the person being "tested". But thankfully that isnt done today. and it was never done on a very large scale either.
Also it was more superstition then anything else, today we realize the foolishness of it all.
Today nothing of the Sort goes on.

GOP= Gods Own Party

Towards a more Savage Nation
lFsl Fatal4Shot
Brilliant
Subtract from lFsl Fatal4Shot's ReputationAdd to lFsl Fatal4Shot's Reputation lFsl Fatal4Shot still downloads from Mythica lFsl Fatal4Shot still downloads from Mythica lFsl Fatal4Shot still downloads from Mythica lFsl Fatal4Shot still downloads from Mythica lFsl Fatal4Shot still downloads from Mythica lFsl Fatal4Shot still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to lFsl Fatal4Shot Send a message via Yahoo to lFsl Fatal4Shot
02-22-2007

Everyone's hating on us Christians. If you're not a Christian, leave it alone before we find secrets on your religion.

RET PALLEH > DK's
Nuff sed.

And then you pull out your gun.

Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tormaster Send a message via MSN to Tormaster
02-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lFsl Fatal4Shot View Post
Everyone's hating on us Christians. If you're not a Christian, leave it alone before we find secrets on your religion.
One flaw in your aguement, we have no religion, therefore we have no secrets about said religion because said religion does not exist. comprehend?

GT: torwizzle

add for customs and all that crap.