Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
WicKeD ASSaSiN
The Dude Abides
Subtract from WicKeD ASSaSiN's ReputationAdd to WicKeD ASSaSiN's Reputation WicKeD ASSaSiN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WicKeD ASSaSiN
04-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mike View Post
have fun mocking god in hell you blasphemers
Honestly, what do you have to lose by praying to God. Assuming God is a sensible being, putting in some kind of effort will benefit you if he exists. If he doesn't exist, you won't be around to regret all the time you wasted praying to him. Even if he doesn't exist, praying to a non-existent being and attempting to gain a keen sense of spirituality is probably more productive than what one would be doing otherwise: watching TV, youtube, indulging on other mindless activities.

Juwanna Reeves
n00b (level 8)
Subtract from Juwanna Reeves's ReputationAdd to Juwanna Reeves's Reputation Juwanna Reeves is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Juwanna Reeves
04-16-2009
Default welll

i must agree, there probly isnt a god, its just an invisable figure, that gives people hope and something to believe in, lets face it, were going to be here for another few thousnd years, just enjoy it while your here things will be very difffrent in the next few years
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
04-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicKeD ASSaSiN View Post
Honestly, what do you have to lose by praying to God. Assuming God is a sensible being, putting in some kind of effort will benefit you if he exists. If he doesn't exist, you won't be around to regret all the time you wasted praying to him. Even if he doesn't exist, praying to a non-existent being and attempting to gain a keen sense of spirituality is probably more productive than what one would be doing otherwise: watching TV, youtube, indulging on other mindless activities.
totally

its sad religion has been perverted and used as a device to further political agenda

more than likely in the assumed infinitude of space there is a god figure somewhere
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
04-16-2009

Quote:
Lawlz.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Kraynium
And I'll make you famous.
Subtract from Kraynium's ReputationAdd to Kraynium's Reputation Kraynium is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Kraynium
04-16-2009

Quote:
You've fallen back on Pascal's Wager again. Let's look at this situation: Two men are starving in separate deserts. One man spends his remaining time praying to God for help, the other who is not religious uses his mind and searches for a rational solution. Are either of them going to survive, probably not, but the one who prays to God is more likely to die, because you damn well know that God isn't going to reach out and bring him a steak dinner.

Dramatic, sure, but you see my point.

Praying to an imaginary or fictional figure is delusional, and delusion is an illness. I see this whole notion of God as degrading to the human race; that's why I don't take Pascal's Wager. On top of all that, don't pray to God because religion is dangerous and it needs to go the fuck away.

I should also note that sure, in the slight, slight, incomprehensibly small percent of chance there is a God, I am certain that it's not the Christian God or any other known religion. Taking from Bill Maher, I don't know what happens to me when I die, and I don't know how the world will end. I'm not going to let some ridiculous books with ridiculous stories tell me otherwise. The Bible/Qur'an/etc. is insightful and beautifully written with a concept that reaches out to everyone, but seriously, it's a fictional book.

I got off-topic and starting venting there towards the end. My bad.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
04-17-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOfjkl-3SNE
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
tom31deecc FTW
Level 32
Subtract from tom31deecc FTW's ReputationAdd to tom31deecc FTW's Reputation tom31deecc FTW is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tom31deecc FTW Send a message via MSN to tom31deecc FTW
04-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Haha, that's good.

And I can't believe somebody is trying to back up Pascal's wager. . .