Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
09-26-2008

If the debates wind up not happening, I'm gunna pitch an epic fit.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
sl1ck
Banned
Subtract from sl1ck's ReputationAdd to sl1ck's Reputation sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000 sl1ck IS OVER 9000
09-26-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeArePro Is GOD View Post
If McPain doesn't wanna do it, then I say say the VP's should go at it.. debate that is.

The VP's already have a debate scheduled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Synergy View Post
I'm so lefty I'd consider going gay if I could date Obama (oh, you bet I drank the Koolaid and I've been all fuzzy ever since).
Alcom
constant
Subtract from Alcom's ReputationAdd to Alcom's Reputation Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana Alcom taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Alcom
09-26-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3 Gr8 On3 View Post
They tried to, however the Obama camp refused, so the debate will go on as scheduled. Personally, I cannot wait for the vp debates (oct.2nd I believe) to watch Palin get wrecked.
I am so excited for that also. I want to see her freeze up and cry or something. She knows absolutly nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStanley View Post
McCain FTW! Obama is a skunk sack.
Got some pretty nice facts there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOfTheDead View Post
thehuffington post had an article where one journalist believes that McCain is backing out because of the current economic turmoil. McCain wants to debate foreign policy (his reported strong suite), not economics.

He knows that he is going to get absolutly destroyed in the debate beacuse that will probly be the main subject. Just about the only thing he can say that is "positive" for americans is POTENTAL tax cuts. Yeah, thats really going to help the national debt. http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/...b542a78235.htm In his "offical website" You can see that he dosent use any specific numbers. Honestly i see tax cuts for people who dont need it and not so much to people who actualy do need it. Big buisness's dont need a 10% - tax cut. Do they not make enough money as is? seems pretty unnessicary to me. Like how is he planning to help get out of national debt? As of my generation, i'm royaly fucked for taxs and retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zank View Post
Even if Obama and Biden destroy McCain/Palin in the debates, I'm afraid that it still won't be an easy win for Obama.
Way to many people in the US that wont vote for him just beacuse he's black. Its really sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1cK_ View Post

The VP's already have a debate scheduled.
Honestly she should beable to take over the presidents spot whenver its needed if she is going to be elected for VP

Play H2V
Blinkkkk
Level 29
Subtract from Blinkkkk's ReputationAdd to Blinkkkk's Reputation Blinkkkk licks Grunt gooch Blinkkkk licks Grunt gooch Blinkkkk licks Grunt gooch Blinkkkk licks Grunt gooch
Send a message via AIM to Blinkkkk
09-26-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Synergy View Post
I hit a soft spot on that one did I?

I'm a preening adolescent who "seems to be very young" because I can determine that in each political thread, you ride the coattails of Sl1ck on the Republican side on every single facet of the debate. I see you all the time validating his posts, but even when a good point is brought up on the side of the Democrats, you can't acknowledge it because unfortunately it doesn't fit your agenda either. Hmmm.

Bathtub boy? Naive? Hypocritical? First off, what is this bathtub boy you speak of? Secondly, I am naive because I chose my side and feel the right to defend it? Now I admit, I may not take the most pragmatic approach when it comes to deducing who is the better overall candidate. As far as what candidate I would prefer to win at this point, it would have to be Obama. There are numerous absurdities to his candidacy, but purely in terms of policy I would prefer him to win. Some of his domestic policies aren't sound, but international relations are entering a new and highly volatile era and I am actually genuinely optimistic about him being in power in that regard.
A soft spot? So far you've been able to pin me on nothing, other than desperately trying to make me out to be some hardcore conservative that watches Fox News every day. Do I need to be the Batman to your Joker? For some reason you feel the need to not have someone that could possibly agree with you on half the issues, but instead would love nothing more than to try to make me seem biased. Even in this post you exemplify the behavior I previously described. Your views are so black and white, and so polar, that it makes reasoning basically impossible. I tell you exactly how you're hypocritical, yet you're answer to that is simply using the word I used with a question mark after it, and then trying to make your views seem humble, as if recognizing something isn't perfect doesn't make you the poster boy.

I can acknowledge any valid point coming from the left, as long as it isn't relying on spin as it's source. For instance, when Citizen tried to use the Gramm-Leach-Billey act against me, as if I'm supposed to defend it. Obviously I agree with you guys on this one, it's idiocy in legislature form.

The true comedy in that post though is the made up smear. "Ride the coattails of Sl1ck on the Republican side..." Not only have I never personally talked to Sl1ck, but the only evidence "backing" your claim is that me and Sl1ck both think Olbermann is full of sh.t. That's it. Not only that, it was one thread, and one opinion -- and if I recall correctly, Sl1ck said he's more of a Libertarian than anything. But hell, if I say the Gramm-Leach-Billey act is bad, and you agree -- does that mean you're riding my coattail and siding with the Republicans? According to your logic, yes.

I'm sorry that your view is so narrowed that if someone disagrees with you, they're instantly categorized and labeled as a flag-waiving Republican. Hopefully one of these days you'll realize im not Pro-McCain, or Pro-GOP in general, for that matter. It's sad that you feel the need to make this a Red vs. Blue, Right or Wrong, point fingers and blame game, rather than being able to just discuss issues, voiding partisanship.

So I guess here's your notice -- unless you debate me without some emotional grudge, and instead with diligence and intellect, I'm going to ignore you. It's clear with that first sentence of yours that this is all a big ego-stroking for you. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Last edited by Blinkkkk; 09-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.
PM
1 authentic experience
Subtract from PM's ReputationAdd to PM's Reputation PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000
09-26-2008

Synergy, you're the cancer killing Obama's message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon View Post
Here's the problem - I am not a means to the end of rape culture, I am the end. I am literally the termination of this whole ordeal.
here's the problem
BeeArePro Is GOD
Subtract from BeeArePro Is GOD's ReputationAdd to BeeArePro Is GOD's Reputation BeeArePro Is GOD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BeeArePro Is GOD
09-28-2008

gave me the chills

Ben Cohen