iCeAt
Level 31
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
12-18-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
No, humans are programmed to SURVIVE.
Exactly, and that means at any means and at any cost.

You just said my point EXACTLY
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
12-18-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Exactly, and that means at any means and at any cost.

You just said my point EXACTLY
So what the hell does sex for pleasure have to do with survival?

Elmo <3
iCeAt
Level 31
12-18-2005

Quote:
So what the hell does sex for pleasure have to do with survival?
Well nothing, it just makes existing a bit more palatable. The topic shifted a bit to whether or not there is a God who gave us morals. My personal choice is marital sex because I am a believer. Bottom line live and let live.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
12-18-2005

Quote:
Well nothing, it just makes existing a bit more palatable. The topic shifted a bit to whether or not there is a God who gave us morals. My personal choice is marital sex because I am a believer. Bottom line live and let live.
Okay, well that's fine. You believe sex before marriage is wrong because God said so. That's your reason, but taking God out of the picture, there is no justifiable reason why sex before marriage is "wrong".

Elmo <3
Milk Man
Level 21
Subtract from Milk Man's ReputationAdd to Milk Man's Reputation Milk Man is legendary Milk Man is legendary Milk Man is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Milk Man
12-18-2005

I'm a christian, but have nothing against premarital sex, as a matter of fact iv'e even had sex b4 .

If someone wishes to save themselfs thats a decison they make,and forcing that type of issue is a little hard starting from 8th grade or so up until they get married,my first time sucked horribly, it was awkward as hell because we were both virgins, but just because one person saves themself,doesn't mean that both people have, and who knows, after youv'e done it a few times and your startgin it with someone new it could be great.

But if someone wants to make a decision, its they'res and they'res alone, I would never disencourage my friends to have pre-marital sex, but I would encourage it if its something they didn't want to do.

My first time was shit,but at-least now I know what to do and what to look out for.

This entire topic is great, and i'm glad someone actually had the balls to come out and have a debate about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2F St3wbaby View Post
The man, the myth, the legend Milk Man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
The Library is like someone nibbling on your balls with braces, its still nice someone's paying attention to your balls but pleasant might not be the word.

GT - Milk Man X1

Add for MCC

Join date > Post count.
iCeAt
Level 31
12-19-2005

Quote:
Okay, well that's fine. You believe sex before marriage is wrong because God said so. That's your reason, but taking God out of the picture, there is no justifiable reason why sex before marriage is "wrong".
Possibly the reason that premarital sex is "wrong," is because of the following:

1.- If you have sex with only one (1) partner, you will probably not get any sexually transmitted diseases. Kinda hard if either of you have never had sex, except with each other.

2.- Condoms break and slip off and liquid seaps out and onto your hands and unless you are increadibly clean and wash up so well, your hands would then have the germs, etc. Look at a box of condoms, it does not guarantee 100% lack of pregnancy. So, if you can or there exists the possibility of pregnancy, then condoms are not a sure thing. And for those lucky souls that have done many things many times and have had no consequences, all I can say is I will hope their luck does not run out. It's all fun and games until you have an STD or baby or abortion.

3.- Try going to an STD treatment clinic, watch some of the videos that they have, read some of the literature and see some of the pictures of what STD's can make your organ look like. If your lucky so far, great, if your luck should turn, then your opinions will turn also. Our opinions usually are a product of our experience and so therefore not very qualified. We should always, consider what else is going on in the World and the consequences. AIDS is not the #1 killer in Africa because people are religiously waiting to have sex after marriage.

4.- Marriage also gives total responsibility to both the MAN who was having pleasure and the woman he was with for the resulting child. Child support is good but not good enough, if all we ever did was throw money at a child, then we would have a bunch of child animals running around. Children need to be nurtured, educated, fed, entertained and taught how to live in a community/society. So, if you are married you are SUPPOSED to take full responsibility for the children that you create. I know that even married couples fail sometimes to do this correctly, however, that is the intent. Good intentions are always met with realities, unfortunately, because we as humans are very imperfect i.e. we are lazy, irresponsible, pleasure seekers.

5.- Also, a marriage creates a bond (should, not guaranteed) that will make both parties feel more secure and less lonely as they go through life while waiting for death to arrive at their doorstep. If both parties are truly not selfish, egotistical maniacs, then you enter marriage with the intention of being a partner with each other, not a burden, not an abuser, not a user, but a PARTNER in life. Life is tough, really tough and having someone to go through it with you, makes it easier. Just like gang members seek a "family" and "acceptance" so do all of us humans. I just would rather do it through marriage and children than as a gang member.

6.- Also, sex with no feeling, just for pleasure, will leave you feeling empty, we as humans have emotions and need to feel loved and wanted. When all we do is act like "free" prostitutes then we will have an empty heart and soul.
Ask any prostitute if they feel emotionally secure and loved. A lot of prostitutes are also on drugs so that they can "forget" about their reality.

7.- Now, when two (2) people and I am assuming of any gender, get together for pure pleasure and they are consenting adults and NO children result as a consequence and they don't mind having to live with the consequences of gonorrhea, chlamydia, warts, herpes, HIV/AIDS, etc. then yeah, BRING ON THE PLEASURE MAN!!! I love 15 minutes of joy and 20 years of downing 17 pills a day as my HIV/AIDS cocktail. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. we could also do this pleasure thing with 3, 4 or more of those consenting adults.

8.- If two (2) people r e a l l y LOVE each other and have been dating for a while and want to have sex, what's wrong with that. Nothing, absolutely nothing, please read all of the above because I am saying this sarcastically, if they LOVE each other so much then why not get married. WHY ARE WE AFRAID OF MARRIAGE?????? If, we don't want to get married it means we are just fooling around, we are not really serious about our LOVE; why let a little commitment get in the way, we need total freedom to move around with ease if need be, what is this commitment shit...................(hint, this is sarcasm, in case you weren't sure.)

Now then we could get into the religious side of it, but you were only asking for the practical side.

Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
12-19-2005

Quote:
Possibly the reason that premarital sex is "wrong," is because of the following:

1.- If you have sex with only one (1) partner, you will probably not get any sexually transmitted diseases. Kinda hard if either of you have never had sex, except with each other.

2.- Condoms break and slip off and liquid seaps out and onto your hands and unless you are increadibly clean and wash up so well, your hands would then have the germs, etc. Look at a box of condoms, it does not guarantee 100% lack of pregnancy. So, if you can or there exists the possibility of pregnancy, then condoms are not a sure thing. And for those lucky souls that have done many things many times and have had no consequences, all I can say is I will hope their luck does not run out. It's all fun and games until you have an STD or baby or abortion.

3.- Try going to an STD treatment clinic, watch some of the videos that they have, read some of the literature and see some of the pictures of what STD's can make your organ look like. If your lucky so far, great, if your luck should turn, then your opinions will turn also. Our opinions usually are a product of our experience and so therefore not very qualified. We should always, consider what else is going on in the World and the consequences. AIDS is not the #1 killer in Africa because people are religiously waiting to have sex after marriage.

4.- Marriage also gives total responsibility to both the MAN who was having pleasure and the woman he was with for the resulting child. Child support is good but not good enough, if all we ever did was throw money at a child, then we would have a bunch of child animals running around. Children need to be nurtured, educated, fed, entertained and taught how to live in a community/society. So, if you are married you are SUPPOSED to take full responsibility for the children that you create. I know that even married couples fail sometimes to do this correctly, however, that is the intent. Good intentions are always met with realities, unfortunately, because we as humans are very imperfect i.e. we are lazy, irresponsible, pleasure seekers.

5.- Also, a marriage creates a bond (should, not guaranteed) that will make both parties feel more secure and less lonely as they go through life while waiting for death to arrive at their doorstep. If both parties are truly not selfish, egotistical maniacs, then you enter marriage with the intention of being a partner with each other, not a burden, not an abuser, not a user, but a PARTNER in life. Life is tough, really tough and having someone to go through it with you, makes it easier. Just like gang members seek a "family" and "acceptance" so do all of us humans. I just would rather do it through marriage and children than as a gang member.

6.- Also, sex with no feeling, just for pleasure, will leave you feeling empty, we as humans have emotions and need to feel loved and wanted. When all we do is act like "free" prostitutes then we will have an empty heart and soul.
Ask any prostitute if they feel emotionally secure and loved. A lot of prostitutes are also on drugs so that they can "forget" about their reality.

7.- Now, when two (2) people and I am assuming of any gender, get together for pure pleasure and they are consenting adults and NO children result as a consequence and they don't mind having to live with the consequences of gonorrhea, chlamydia, warts, herpes, HIV/AIDS, etc. then yeah, BRING ON THE PLEASURE MAN!!! I love 15 minutes of joy and 20 years of downing 17 pills a day as my HIV/AIDS cocktail. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. we could also do this pleasure thing with 3, 4 or more of those consenting adults.

8.- If two (2) people r e a l l y LOVE each other and have been dating for a while and want to have sex, what's wrong with that. Nothing, absolutely nothing, please read all of the above because I am saying this sarcastically, if they LOVE each other so much then why not get married. WHY ARE WE AFRAID OF MARRIAGE?????? If, we don't want to get married it means we are just fooling around, we are not really serious about our LOVE; why let a little commitment get in the way, we need total freedom to move around with ease if need be, what is this commitment shit...................(hint, this is sarcasm, in case you weren't sure.)

Now then we could get into the religious side of it, but you were only asking for the practical side.

a) STDs and pregnancy have nothing to do with the "rightness or wrongness" of sex. They're irrelevant.

b) The rest of that is your personal values. Not everybody else's.

Elmo <3
cleeeeeeeeeetus!
Level 45
Subtract from cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s ReputationAdd to cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s Reputation cleeeeeeeeeetus! is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cleeeeeeeeeetus!
12-19-2005

Quote:
a) STDs and pregnancy have nothing to do with the "rightness or wrongness" of sex. They're irrelevant.

b) The rest of that is your personal values. Not everybody else's.
I don't see how STDs and pregnacy don't have anything to do with the "rightness or wrongness" of sex. They are VERY relevant because they are byproducts of sex.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
12-19-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeoncleetus
I don't see how STDs and pregnacy don't have anything to do with the "rightness or wrongness" of sex. They are VERY relevant because they are byproducts of sex.
We're not talking about the potential consequences of an act, we're talking about whether the act itself is right or wrong. I can sit here and tell someone they shouldn't eat food ever again because they might choke, but that's irrelevant.

Elmo <3
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-19-2005

If you have sex with a person that has an STD then that is part of the act. So is a partner that would redily get pregnant. They are both part of the act.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621