Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
ROG chuhkee
Level 22
ROG chuhkee's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: KeNtuCkY
Posts: 623
Subtract from ROG chuhkee's ReputationAdd to ROG chuhkee's Reputation ROG chuhkee is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ROG chuhkee
#191
05-02-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Than perhaps you would enlighten us with the relationship between Dark Matter and The Big Bang.
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/sc...rk_matter.html
Notice the word choices used.
Edit: Gravity can be proven here on earth with simple experiments, but, from what I've read, Dark Matter can't and hasn't been proven. Yes, there is some evidence that supports this hypothesis, but it is not as well supported as gravity.

Last edited by ROG chuhkee; 05-02-2008 at 05:32 PM.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#192
05-02-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGchuhkee View Post
Let me break it down for you:

Quote:
"Dark matter" refers matter of an unknown type that astronomers and cosmologists believe must make up the majority of the mass in the universe.
Dark matter is theorized to have been produced just like any other hadron. It was not a catalyst in the big bang, and played no role in the initial release of energy.

Quote:
It is called "dark" because it does not emit any light. We know of its presence because of the gravitational effects it has on objects that we can see. For example, galaxies in clusters move at speeds that are too high to be attributed just to the visible galaxies. In addition, astronomers measure high temperature gas in these galaxy clusters. This gas is at too high a temperature to remain bound to the cluster without some additional, hidden, mass. For galaxies and groups, the X-ray data have often indicated very extended dark matter halos far beyond the radius at which one sees starlight or galaxies. The total inferred dark matter mass is often 10 times that in the "visible" galaxies alone.
That's evidence for it's existence, from the article you pointed me to. Thanks for proving me right?

Quote:
Dark matter also plays a role in the early universe. Astronomers theorize that the presence of dark matter helps to explain the relative amounts of light elements and isotopes produced in the Big Bang. Results from the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) show that 23% of the Universe is made up of dark matter.
Dark matter is thought to have played a major role in the early universe, just like any other particle. Again, it had no role in the big bang. AFTER the big bang, it played a role.

Quote:
One of the best ways of determining the mass of a system, such as a cluster of galaxies, group of galaxies or a massive elliptical galaxy, is to measure the X-ray temperature and gas profiles. Astronomers start by assuming the gas is in equilibrium, which is borne out by the thermal spectra of the gas. Matching models of the distribution and temperature of the gas to the X-ray observations gives the mass of the gas. Use of this technique has shown that clusters of galaxies are gas and baryon rich, that is, the mass in gas exceeds the mass in stars by factors of 3-5 and that the total baryonic mass is ~15% of the total mass of the cluster (i.e. visible mass plus dark matter). Since clusters are supposed to be "fair samples of the universe" they should have a baryon fraction that corresponds to 4%, as inferred from Big Bang nucleosynthesis and results from WMAP. However, WMAP and other evidence now point to a new component in the universe, which is called dark energy. Dark energy makes up 73% of the energy and matter of the universe. By including this dark energy with the visible mass and dark matter, we find that clusters really do share in the same baryonic fraction as the rest of the universe.
Irrelevant to the topic at hand.

So you see why you're wrong?
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#193
05-02-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG chuhkee View Post
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/sc...rk_matter.html
Notice the word choices used.
Edit: Gravity can be proven here on earth with simple experiments, but, from what I've read, Dark Matter can't and hasn't been proven. Yes, there is some evidence that supports this hypothesis, but it is not as well supported as gravity.
Gravity hasn't been proven at all. The evidence for gravity is actually very weak. Just because you experience it does not mean it's 'proven'. All we can say is that evidence for it's existence is at hand. We don't even have a mechanism for how gravity works.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
StoredJoey
Level 29
StoredJoey's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kings Langley, England
Posts: 1,538
Subtract from StoredJoey's ReputationAdd to StoredJoey's Reputation StoredJoey is a novice
Send a message via AIM to StoredJoey
#194
05-04-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
Haha, don't play dumb with me NG.
wow. you truely have nothing to say on this matter. That fact that you coudnt string together a rebuttal to what NiceGuy had said, is quite pathetic, in all fairness, he was only answering your question. You said "Does that answer your question?" He said no. This shows you are simple minded, you wanted him to say yes, because you think you know you're right.
And also, if you are telling me that heaven is shown in these 10,000 galaxies shown in this picture, then what you said still doesnt answer the question. The question was: "Was jesus also born on these planets in this photo?" Not: "Did god create the Universe?" No where did he asked to have a bible quote thrown at him without consent, nor did he ask anything about these "so called heavens".

So please, leave the debate, as you obviously have nothing to say that is worth a read.
Sociable
Underage
Sociable's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,471
Subtract from Sociable's ReputationAdd to Sociable's Reputation Sociable is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Sociable
#195
05-07-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy412 View Post
God DAMN butthair, you sure know your sh.t. If there is a word that means "touche" squared by 4000 I'd insert it here:
Touché^4000
Hotpancakes
Level 10
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 37
Subtract from Hotpancakes's ReputationAdd to Hotpancakes's Reputation Hotpancakes is a novice
#196
06-30-2008
Default

Personally I think God completely screws with us the entire time we're on earth. The way we look at things, our languages, our body shapes, everything we think or say is nothing close to what is really real.

P.s. - As far as you picture goes...I pretty sure its just a very large, or small painting ,compared to God, just set up in the sky to screw with us. If we fly to far...we with break through the canvas and be in God's living room.
I KoP I BLaZiN
Member 3260 :)
I KoP I BLaZiN's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: C&C Some BKs :)
Posts: 2,292
Subtract from I KoP I BLaZiN's ReputationAdd to I KoP I BLaZiN's Reputation I KoP I BLaZiN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I KoP I BLaZiN Send a message via Skype™ to I KoP I BLaZiN
#197
07-01-2008
Default

if God had created aliens in his own image and likeness, i would imagine they would he might have sent his son unto them.

Jesus was sent to Earth because the people of the time were brutal and Jesus was sent to show them the way
Records on September 14th-15th
:: First no hitter at a neutral location ::
:: Most consecutive hitless innings - 15 ::
:: First no-hitter followed up by a one hitter ::

Carlos Zambrano ... Ted Lilly

Gamertag
H2F BLaZiN



Chicago Cubs :: When Is Next Year?
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off