Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Virginiafan13
Level 29
Subtract from Virginiafan13's ReputationAdd to Virginiafan13's Reputation Virginiafan13 is a novice
10-26-2006

This thread in my opionion is pointless. this whole topic of this part of the forum is pointless as well. nothing ever happens here. if somebody has been converted to the others side of atheism or christianity then please tell me, but if nobody has then in my opion this whole thing is pointless. christianity is run on faith not proof. the only way to find out if it is true is to die and nobody here wants to do that. there is no point is saying that one side is right on proof because neither side has enough of it. in the end we all have doubts on both sides of the issue. the only reason that we have sides is because of our beliefs and those are the only thing there is. you can tell me everything that scientist have found but i wont give a shit. chrisianity is my faith and i will follow it to the end. you all can keep argueing but like always it will amount to nothing. unless any of you have seen heaven or have seen the big bang then please post but other than that you have crap to truly win for your side of the battle since that is what you want it to be colostomizer.
the last thing that i have to post is that i have respect for all you for your post in this thread. your all fighting for you beliefs and that is cool in my opionon. either way it works whoever is right wont be able to showoff to it to the other side since whichever side wins will for the most part never really know it. Thanks if you actually took the time to read this. Sorry for the spelling and grammer but im typing in the dark. Peace.

-A plain and simple Christian
I wanted to stay on the site till chicago but I just cant take it anymore. Thanks H3F.
tommytiddles
Level 26
Subtract from tommytiddles's ReputationAdd to tommytiddles's Reputation tommytiddles is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tommytiddles
10-26-2006

In your initial post, you did not say the word ''IF''. That word has the ability to change the meaning of a sentence.

''I'm going to go to college when I get the grades.''
(College is put across as a certainty)
''I'm going to go to college IF I get the grades.''
(There is a probability behind whether or not the person will go to college)

''Christianity can only be justified through faith''

(It is a certainty that Christianity can be justified.)
''Christianity can be justified through faith IF faith is enough to justify it''
(There is a probability behind whether or not Christianity can be justified)

H3F Lego Turf

Recorded by RVideo

Hello, How may I be of service to you?
tommytiddles
Level 26
Subtract from tommytiddles's ReputationAdd to tommytiddles's Reputation tommytiddles is a novice
10-26-2006

Quote:
christianity is run on faith not proof.
Yes. I agree with that, I havn't made this point in these forums, until I find the bible reference that tells us that. I think the name of this forum should be a 'Religion Discussion'. I don't think the forum is totally pointless, because I think it can serve some purpose, I just think the name is inappropriate.

H3F Lego Turf

Recorded by RVideo

KaLi
Level 14
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
10-26-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytiddles View Post
In your initial post, you did not say the word ''IF''. That word has the ability to change the meaning of a sentence.

''Christianity can be justified through faith IF faith is enough to justify it''
You must be blind

He clearly said before that faith alone is not enough to justify, even though it is the ONLY way.

Last edited by KaLi; 10-26-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
10-26-2006

Quote:

You ignored the word can. Can does not imply certainty.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
tommytiddles
Level 26
10-26-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLi View Post
You must be blind

He clearly said before that faith alone is not enough to justify, even though it is the ONLY way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
It can only be justified through faith
Hence, I am not blind. That is what he said, that is what I have quoted in my previous post bar changin the word 'it' to the word 'christianity'

H3F Lego Turf

Recorded by RVideo

tommytiddles
Level 26
10-26-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy618157725 View Post
You ignored the word can. Can does not imply certainty.
Yes. the word ''can'' does not imply certainty, altho in use in the sentence
''Can'' implies that Christianity is justifiable and not justifiable.
But the certainty remains that ''Christianity can be justified''

H3F Lego Turf

Recorded by RVideo

The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
10-26-2006

Quote:
Yes. the word ''can'' does not imply certainty, altho in use in the sentence
''Can'' implies that Christianity is justifiable and not justifiable.
But the certainty remains that ''Christianity can be justified''
tommy, baby, you're wrong. Since you won't listen to reason, I've got another idea. If you have PayPal, I will bet money on it. Seriously. We can both send $50 or so to a neutral party, someone we both trust and who also has a PayPal account, and consult an authority on the English language to determine whether or not you are right.
tommytiddles
Level 26
10-26-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
tommy, baby, you're wrong. Since you won't listen to reason, I've got another idea. If you have PayPal, I will bet money on it. Seriously. We can both send $50 or so to a neutral party, someone we both trust and who also has a PayPal account, and consult an authority on the English language to determine whether or not you are right.
No.
I am right.
Inserting the word ''if'' changes the meaning of a sentence.

H3F Lego Turf

Recorded by RVideo

The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
10-26-2006

Quote:
No.
I am right.
Inserting the word ''if'' changes the meaning of a sentence.
If you're so confident, there shouldn't be a problem putting money on it.