Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
GrimReaper117
Level 14
Subtract from GrimReaper117's ReputationAdd to GrimReaper117's Reputation GrimReaper117 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to GrimReaper117
11-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler66
Since we're suddenly on the subject of Jesus, I just feel like I should throw this out there. Jesus existed, almost without a doubt, and he was almost certainly black, a fact which many religions have glossed over millenia.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love people who know what they're talking about. Nothing bugs me more than that fucking stereotypical Jesus with the long hair and beard and WHITE SKIN! There is no possible way that Jesus could have been white. Why does every picture I have ever seen of jesus have a white guy with long hair? One of you devout Christians answer me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytiddles
your anus ring is the size of a clown's pocket.
Cassius I cLaY I
Level 13
Subtract from Cassius I cLaY I's ReputationAdd to Cassius I cLaY I's Reputation Cassius I cLaY I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Cassius I cLaY I
11-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler66
Since we're suddenly on the subject of Jesus, I just feel like I should throw this out there. Jesus existed, almost without a doubt, and he was almost certainly black, a fact which many religions have glossed over millenia.
My view on that is that he could have been black or white, but that does not matter to me because God is God, and i do not care what his skin color was. It would not take away from in my mind what my view of him was.
Who wants the toasty luv?

Mobkey
Level 47
Subtract from Mobkey's ReputationAdd to Mobkey's Reputation Mobkey is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mobkey
11-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius I cLaY I
yeah, i can see where you are coming from, that is why Christianity is a lot about faith, but if you believe the bible then there is hard evidence. Could you give me a reason why God is not real now, since I have tried to give reasons for him, I would like to see your side of things.
And that's where I'm done. I'm not a hard core atheist. I don't consider myself an atheist at all. I can prove certain things wrong, or explain my thoughts at least... a lot of which I grew up hearing. But I haven't ventured, or really care to, disproving a divine being.
Deadly Buni
Ezekiel 23:19-21
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
11-01-2005

The unofficial rule of this forum is you have to quote the whole post to show

my whole point. It is for fucking guuideliens for a way of life. How would a

bush on fire talk to someone. Why is the devil a snake, why not a kitty. Not

all of the Bibles you read are the same. Maybe the Bible used to be the truth

and people were like Oh shit this is boring, lets make it exciting. The Bible

shouldnt be a foundation for religion because it is manipulated from its original

version, and certain books were considered too gruesome to be put in. The

Bible IS the family friendly version. Reading the real unmanipulated Bible it

wouldn't be a Bible it would be lots of views on religion from different

documents. People should give up the Bible and try forming their own opinions

on God and such. The only way you could prove the events would be time

travel, which is not disproven, the speed of dark which is a wormhole in which

the theory says that once you reach absolute zero the tempurature begins to

rise again. Issacs Newtons theory of relativity says that a clone in space

would be less aged by the same measure of days used on Earth, he wouldn't

have aged as much. Maybe people lived longer because even our solar system

evolved into something larger, maybe a year was shorter. Maybe Longer,

Maybe eventually the solar system will shrink. People are much larger than

they used to be.

Deadly Buni
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
11-01-2005

Who cares what Jesus's skin color was, skin color doesn't determine a train of thought. Maybe Jesus had a mohawk, was an albino black, and had a soul patch. That would be an awsome Jesus.

Cassius I cLaY I
Level 13
Subtract from Cassius I cLaY I's ReputationAdd to Cassius I cLaY I's Reputation Cassius I cLaY I is a novice
11-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper117
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love people who know what they're talking about. Nothing bugs me more than that fucking stereotypical Jesus with the long hair and beard and WHITE SKIN! There is no possible way that Jesus could have been white. Why does every picture I have ever seen of jesus have a white guy with long hair? One of you devout Christians answer me that.
I dont want to double post but oh well, i have to answer this and I have to go to sleep. Okay, the reason that he is portrayed like that is because a lot of people are bias. I do not neccesarily believe that Jesus was white or black. A lot of white people have a big influence in today's world when it comes to that stuff, I am not saying that they dominate it at all and I am not trying to be racist, but that image has stuck because we get that view from traditional people, like people that thought that slavery was okay adn that racism was okay. But really when it comes down to it, no matter how we portray Jesus in a picture, we have no idea what he looks like, so in my mind skin color does not matter. I hope I gave you a little bit of closure about that.

cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
11-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper117
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you so smart how can ever i compete with. SARCASM. the only "facts" you stated is that there is no way Jesus could have been white. OMG that is just junk. considering the only soures you have for yourself is YOU yeah you owned Christians on that point. SARCASM. why are pictures like that? does that bother you or are you gonna reply with some more great info on Jesus? SARCASM AGAIN
Mobkey
Level 47
Subtract from Mobkey's ReputationAdd to Mobkey's Reputation Mobkey is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mobkey
11-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Buni
The unofficial rule of this forum is you have to quote the whole post to show my whole point. It is for fucking guuideliens for a way of life. How would a bush on fire talk to someone.

**SNIP**
Yes yes, I took you a little out of context. But the rest of your post was crap about guidelines for life. Did that have anything to do with Luke 23:43 and Church Doctrine? No. I'm saying that parts of the bible have to be taken seriously for some religions/branches of christianity to work.

And the general rule for this forum is I can do whatever the fuck I want, and that includes the big *snip* on irrelavent material.
Deadly Buni
11-01-2005

Maybe religion was made up as a extremely well constructed lie by the Catholic Church to get mney and power during the Middle Ages, their elaborate lie where they had so much power they could literally change history and have anyone killed if they spoke against them.

Cassius I cLaY I
Level 13
11-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobkey
And the general rule for this forum is I can do whatever the fuck I want, and that includes the big *snip* on irrelavent material.
hahahaha, you know that you do have my respect for your views, and you are a very intelligent person, keep up the good work. There is no sarcasm here, I am being real.