Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,428
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
#51
11-01-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickPro
Here is evidence that shows the absurdity of the Christian Bible:

Joshua 10:12-13 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Here the sun and the moon have been commanded to stand still in the sky, giving Joshua’s army more daylight to get it's killing done. This would be a great miracle to occur, if not for the fact that the sun does not move. The sun may be zipping through the galaxy at roughly 600,000 miles per hour, but relative to the earth, the sun is a stationary object. Of course, this great “miracle” supposedly occurred during a time when all the visible objects in the sky were thought to be revolving around the earth. Today, we know this is not the case. The author of this verse was unaware of this fact, and thought that this act of stopping the sun's motion in the sky would show God's great power.

Contradictions:
1.Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

2.Romans 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

3.John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time.
Exodus 33:20 Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God [Jesus], he hath seen the Father.
John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time.

Genesis 32:30 For I have seen God face to face.
Exodus 33:11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
Isaiah 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.


4.Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.
Psalm 14:3 There is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Job 1:1 There was a man . . . who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright.
Genesis 7:1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.


John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?


John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

****Jesus claims that he and God are the same being, but makes references that they are two separate entities.


Back to absurdities:
These are just a few of the atrocities committed by a supposedly omnibenevolent god:

Numbers 31:17-18 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Exodus 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the cattle.
****I wonder why Pharaoh did not die. He himself was a firstborn.

Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

The Christian Bible is a piece of fictitious literature and that's the truth, sorry to bust your bubble.
your a atheist who respects other peoples religon right? thats what you said in your other thread, atheism, wow you really seem to show it with this post right. sarcasm
Seven Signz
Level 28
Seven Signz's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,365
Subtract from Seven Signz's ReputationAdd to Seven Signz's Reputation Seven Signz is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seven Signz
#52
11-01-2005
Default

If people believe what the Bible says, most of them (that I know anyway) will never take in other ideas, especially scientific or logical ones that oppose their beliefs.
Cassius I cLaY I
Level 13
Cassius I cLaY I's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 172
Subtract from Cassius I cLaY I's ReputationAdd to Cassius I cLaY I's Reputation Cassius I cLaY I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Cassius I cLaY I
#53
11-01-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Signz
If people believe what the Bible says, most of them (that I know anyway) will never take in other ideas, especially scientific or logical ones that oppose their beliefs.
I would like to start off by saying that I am sorry for the previous 2 posts, I was just really mad and fuming and I am very sorry for offending people, I take back what I said, this forum is awesome, and I like it a lot. Actually I have evaluated all the angles, I have looked at the evidences, even though I grew up in a christian school, and I was not always a christian, I was not forced to be one, I became one out of free will. There was a point when I was like, wow, how could there not be a God, how couold I not love someone that loved me first. And YES I have given evidences for God and the Bible before, so dont go saying that I haven not, look in this thread and the God yes or no thread, I know reading part of a post is tempting but read the whole thing. And yes I know A LOT about the Bible, I am no Bible master, but growing up in a CXhristain school, I know a ton about it. So I know what I am taliking about when I say that the bible is all about context, and is different than any other book. I believe I gave like 6 references for why the bible is true before, and I just learned another one. You know the water gate scandal that happened a long time ago. while one of Nixon's top aides, if you want to know his name I will ask my bible teacher, said that everyone close to Nixonwas starting to not support him anymore, and not take any more heat for him because they knew that what he was saying was a lie. Now he compares this to the apostles of christ, I think that everyone but one was martyred. Now they experienced jesus first hand, so why did they take the heat for him, isnt human nature to protect ourselves first? Well why would they die for a lie then? especially if NO ONE TOLD them about jesus, wouldnt they watch out for themselves if it was all a lie? just some food for thoughtfood for thought. once agian I am very sorry to everyone that I offended. What I did was stupid and over the top, and I am really sorry, please dont hate me for that.
Who wants the toasty luv?

Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#54
11-01-2005
Default

Well, I'm liking this Cassius a lot better.


Elmo <3
Ganny
Level 37
Ganny's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: H2F Elder
Posts: 3,518
Subtract from Ganny's ReputationAdd to Ganny's Reputation Ganny is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Ganny
#55
11-01-2005
Default

the kid probably copied and pasted this off a site on the internet somewhere



IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYINTHEHAT
Z can do whatever he want's! He's right below god.
1. God
2. Z
3. Chuck Norris
Mobkey
Level 47
Mobkey's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,545
Subtract from Mobkey's ReputationAdd to Mobkey's Reputation Mobkey is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Mobkey
#56
11-01-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganny
the kid probably copied and pasted this off a site on the internet somewhere
I'm sure he did. I said that earlier. However, it is irrelavant. I also said that QuickPro's arguments do nothing for "his side".

and people, I grew up Christian and know a lot about the bible. But I don't believe in it. There. Nobody has created some sort of new argument I haven't seen yet. If I had half an hour I would go through EVERY post and say why you're wrong.
Cassius I cLaY I
Level 13
Cassius I cLaY I's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 172
Subtract from Cassius I cLaY I's ReputationAdd to Cassius I cLaY I's Reputation Cassius I cLaY I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Cassius I cLaY I
#57
11-01-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganny
the kid probably copied and pasted this off a site on the internet somewhere
No actually I did not, I just said what was on my heart. I really felt bad for what I said, that is why i repsonded the way that I did, i am not kidding, but thank you for the complement though. And mobkey, what would you like to debate about, i am open to anything.
Who wants the toasty luv?

Ganny
Level 37
Ganny's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: H2F Elder
Posts: 3,518
Subtract from Ganny's ReputationAdd to Ganny's Reputation Ganny is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Ganny
#58
11-01-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Ya'all know I could rant on and on about the bible and how we agree so much But not all of it is fiction and not all of it is fact. Most of it are stories based on something true spun to a way to teach people good morals and guide them all to one religion and that the religion it is guiding you to is the only true one.

If you think that a man lived inside a whale and snakes talk then you are crazy, but there are some historically true aspects. But it is just a book all the same. Doesn't mean it is infallable all the time or wrong all the time.

I agree with the messages it tells us on morals but not on the religious parts. The rest are bedtime stories for little kids.
it is not for little kids. I enjoy reading the bible. you make it out to be some childrens book which makes you look foolish. don't just say things out of anger of your own beliefs. what would happen if you were wrong. what would you do? You have to be dumb to believe this whole world just popped up out of nowhere. that my friend, is what I call a fairy tale. THAT is for little kids, not the bible



IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYINTHEHAT
Z can do whatever he want's! He's right below god.
1. God
2. Z
3. Chuck Norris
Cassius I cLaY I
Level 13
Cassius I cLaY I's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 172
Subtract from Cassius I cLaY I's ReputationAdd to Cassius I cLaY I's Reputation Cassius I cLaY I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Cassius I cLaY I
#59
11-01-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobkey
Nobody has created some sort of new argument I haven't seen yet.
Have you heard the water gate scandal argument that I just explained?
Who wants the toasty luv?

TheGambler66
Level 18
TheGambler66's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 443
Subtract from TheGambler66's ReputationAdd to TheGambler66's Reputation TheGambler66 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheGambler66
#60
11-01-2005
Default

I'm agnostic, and after reading this entire post, I can honestly say that there were maybe three posts that had any bearing on the argument at all. The original post wasn't one of them. That wasn't a debate or well presented facts, that was just a load of quotes taken out of context and used to "prove" that the Bible is fictitious.

NEWS FLASH: The Bible is not word for word accurate to events that happened, nor is it completely false. Many of the stories in it likely did not happen just as they are described, but that does not mean that the message should be ignored. Contradiction does not mean that the statement is false. Maybe both statements are correct.

"Thou shalt not kill." There are few true pacifists in this world. I bet that even the Pope would kill if presented with a certain situation. That doesn't mean that the whole Bible is a load of shit.

Quikpro, the next time you copy and paste something off of a website, make sure that the examples displayed are at least relevant, and maybe you should put in some bad spelling and grammar to make it look like you wrote it.

Edit: The Water Gate argument? I know people who I would take the fall for, probably even going so far as to die for them. That does not mean that they are God, or a Holy entity.
XBL: The Gambler66
XBC: TheGambler66
AIM: TheGambler66
MySpace: www.myspace.com/gamblood


Last edited by TheGambler66; 11-01-2005 at 09:11 PM.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off