Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Empty
Tempus Fugit
Subtract from Empty's ReputationAdd to Empty's Reputation Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Empty Send a message via Skype™ to Empty
06-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
So you believe in Islam?
Who doesn't

You get to fly into buildings and blow sh.t up!

Wait i changed my mind. What religion thinks humans are the center of the universe and super special and important?

This could be all religions but im not quite sure.

Who needs the other 276,289,491,266,765,500,000,000 miles in the universe anyway. Or those 240 billion other galaxies.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
06-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyProduction View Post
Who doesn't

You get to fly into buildings and blow sh.t up!

Wait i changed my mind. What religion thinks humans are the center of the universe and super special and important?

This could be all religions but im not quite sure.

Who needs the other 276,289,491,266,765,500,000,000 miles in the universe anyway. Or those 240 billion other galaxies.
Well I hope you at least believe Jesus existed, because Islam believes that.

Flying into buildings and blowing stuff up = Islamic radicals. Even supposed "Christians" kill people.

It's called I'm angry at the world and want to kill people, but I want people to think it's for a good cause, so I'm going to scew religion and convince people God wants me to do it, and it's honoring to him. HA! Biggest joke I've ever heard.
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
06-09-2008

You just show, through every post you make, why you haven't read any of the rules in the debate section.

Quote:
Actually the scriptures gives many incidents where Jesus heals the paralyzed, blind, mute, deaf, lame, etc.
What about "the bible is in incredible dispute" do you not understand?

Quote:
And there are also passages where it talks about him walking around for 40 days after he rose from the dead, and many people witnessed him on earth as he was doing so.
Yeah, to bad the people are vaguely described and are not documented giving any personal accounts. If you read the thread, you would understand how rediculously flawed the timeline is for the documents being written.

Quote:
Oh, but The Bible isn't true. People just made all this up a long long time ago, I mean, how can someone raise from the dead? I can't believe when people say he never existed. Sure, you don't have to believe he was God, although he was, but he did exist.
Oh, let me get this straight; so saying he exists means he does?

That's pathetic. Give me proof outside of the hilarity in the bible that he exists; skeletal record, location of burial which contains those, name certification, and so on.

Oh, and that whole thing before that where you are being sarcastic?

You beg the question and argue from ignorance.

Quote:
I don't believe George Washington was all he cracked up to be. I mean, come on, I never saw him. People who tell me he chopped down his dad's cherry tree, haha! no way! no kid would have that courage. Yeah that's not true. He was never president either, just a smart man maybe I suppose. And whoever says he's 6'4", give me a break!
Sweet, a strawman!

First of all; theres a multitude of primary sources of which he existed, as well as historical documents that weren't written in any literal poetry, they actually helped build this country together.; I shouldn't even have to go this far; George Washington never claimed to have taken part in any "supernatural" or extraordinary feats that aren't possible by anyone.

Your sarcasm and misunderstaning digs you a grave in your argument.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't even know if he ever existed actually. I mean who can trust American history books? They aren't documented well.
Hi, Red Herring!

Quote:
Seriously! Good thing an omniscient homophobe doesn't exist, I don't think anyone would want that.
Ha, oh, like your Judeo Christian God?

God you're so stupid.

Quote:
Well I hope you at least believe Jesus existed, because Islam believes that.

Flying into buildings and blowing stuff up = Islamic radicals. Even supposed "Christians" kill people.

It's called I'm angry at the world and want to kill people, but I want people to think it's for a good cause, so I'm going to scew religion and convince people God wants me to do it, and it's honoring to him. HA! Biggest joke I've ever heard.
Again, arguing from ignorance.

Some religious radicals and extremists did do their aweful deeds in the name of religion, you obviously didn't know/or want to accept that since you tried to sabotage that by saying they were purposely trying to "fuck over" religion. What irony.

Last edited by McDevy; 06-09-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
06-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT IS FOLLY View Post
That's pathetic. Give me proof outside of the hilarity in the bible that he exists; skeletal record, location of burial which contains those, name certification, and so on.

First of all; theres a multitude of primary sources of which he existed, as well as historical documents that weren't written in any literal poetry, they actually helped build this country together.; I shouldn't even have to go this far; George Washington never claimed to have taken part in any "supernatural" or extraordinary feats that aren't possible by anyone.

God you're so stupid.

Some religious radicals and extremists did do their aweful deeds in the name of religion, you obviously didn't know/or want to accept that since you tried to sabotage that by saying they were purposely trying to "f.ck over" religion. What irony from ignorance.

Here's the catch. Jesus is in Heaven! :O
Aint gona find no bones of his on earth nukka :P.
Don't act like you would actually believe Jesus existed if you saw his bones and name certification.

Tell me you're joking? You say there's a multitude of primary sources of which George Washington existed, as well as historical documents that weren't written in any literal poetry. Wow! Same for Jesus! What makes you believe that George Washington existed anymore than Jesus Christ?

Gosh you're so stubborn. :P

Actually I call it common sense. Whatever religion says kill people, it's honoring to God, is a joke and a half! I would believe a religion that says "love your enemies, and to pray for those who persecute you" sounds more accurate to me. But I mean what do I know? I'm so stupid.

Last edited by Delay; 06-10-2008 at 05:01 AM.
McDevy
Soshified
06-10-2008

Quote:
Here's the catch. Jesus is in Heaven! :O
Aint gona find no bones of his on earth nukka :P.
Don't act like you would actually believe Jesus existed if you saw his bones and name certification.

Tell me you're joking? You say there's a multitude of primary sources of which George Washington existed, as well as historical documents that weren't written in any literal poetry. Wow! Same for Jesus! What makes you believe that George Washington existed anymore than Jesus Christ?

Gosh you're so stubborn. :P

Actually I call it common sense. Whatever religion says kill people, it's honoring to God, is a joke and a half! I would believe a religion that says "love your enemies, and to pray for those who persecute you" sounds more accurate to me. But I mean what do I know? I'm so stupid.
I don't know how else to respond to your statements intelligently.

You're an idiot.

...best I could do.
ii YaRiZ
Level 12
Subtract from ii YaRiZ's ReputationAdd to ii YaRiZ's Reputation ii YaRiZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ii YaRiZ
06-10-2008

agh i stopped goin to church when i was 6 cause i ripped a page out of the bible with my mouth.. so who cares yeah? as long we get presents for christmas jesus is a good guy and lived what ever kinda life we want to think he did,.
Add me for H2:
YaRizZ (new tag)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon159 View Post
OMFG, thats what im talkin about! its all about the nuts dangling into the face!

Last edited by ii YaRiZ; 06-10-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Mr Evil Guy
Level 28
Subtract from Mr Evil Guy's ReputationAdd to Mr Evil Guy's Reputation Mr Evil Guy is a novice
06-10-2008

Quote:
Where are these sources for Jesus' existence? You keep arguing until you're blue in the face, but I haven't seem them yet. The existence of George Washington is not in dispute, so stop trying to change the subject.

I find it particularly interesting how Jesus, assuming he existed, modeled his life after so many previous "messiahs," but I digress

Quote:
Come on, your God gives you lists of people you're supposed to kill. If you were a true Christian you would kill every homosexual, disobedient teen, person who works on Sunday, and whoever else he wants dead

Last edited by Mr Evil Guy; 06-10-2008 at 12:11 PM.
McDevy
Soshified
06-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ii YaRiZ View Post
agh i stopped goin to church when i was 6 cause i ripped a page out of the bible with my mouth.. so who cares yeah? as long we get presents for christmas jesus is a good guy and lived what ever kinda life we want to think he did,.
You're doing it wronggggg.

General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
06-10-2008

Quote:
Some religious radicals and extremists did do their aweful deeds in the name of religion, you obviously didn't know/or want to accept that since you tried to sabotage that by saying they were purposely trying to "f.ck over" religion. What irony.
Well when it comes to Islamic Radicalism, it's all been a big fucking excuse. In fact in nearly all religious wars, religion has only been the excuse (Crusades anyone?). The guys up top want something done, and tell others to do it for their religion, and the guys below just follow like sheep.

It's sad really. The whole religion has been going downhill after the Islamic Golden age. When you see what the religion was like at its peak, what it promoted, what it did, and who it had, and you compare it to its current state, it's almost too depressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
Wowee 22
I'm not European.
Subtract from Wowee 22's ReputationAdd to Wowee 22's Reputation Wowee 22 is a novice
06-10-2008

Quote:
There is no eye witness accounts documented, you can't provide any besides the Bible, which is a historical muck-up.

The gospels came way later, by means of about 40 years; why the halt in history?

I'm not saying scholars and scribes didn't take their work seriously, how could you insinuate me saying that?

If we don't literally have the accounts, we can't make any sort of analysis of the documents.
First off, the hypothesis that Jesus is a myth is accepted by only a minority of historians, most of which are mythological writers anyhow. I'll see if I can focus this just on the accounts mentioned in the Bible.

The Gospels were written and finished fairly soon after Jesus' life, whether it be 40 or 70 years, back when writing took ages and people lived longer anyway, was not a long time.

The Gospels were obviously written by different authors, of whom were either eye witnesses or received personal accounts of what happened. The book of Acts -- not a Gospel -- also gives evidence to Jesus' life and death as well as other accounts provided throughout other various books.

Also, the Bible shouldn't be generalized. It's a library of 66 books written by a variety of authors. The books should not be categorized together as a historical muck-up just because some parts may be disputed and debated upon. Each book should be taken separately, in my opinion. Now, believe it or not, the accounts of Jesus are very much the same throughout even though they were written by different authors.

Another thing to think about: Would it not have been most wise to gather up most, if not all of the scrolls written about Jesus and have them placed in the Bible? I think that if there were other accounts, they would have been added as well. So, other sources will naturally be limited. The question then is, "Why would not more people record evidence of the wonderful teacher, Jesus?" And that answer is simple: Few people had the knowledge, ability, or tools to record detailed writings.

The question here should be: "Why are these accounts of Jesus not acceptable?" Eye-witness evidence is pretty substantial. Feel free to provide evidence against them, even though a lot of that "evidence" is only hypothetical.

And I'm simply replying to a lot of things that's been said, not just your post, Folly

Explore. Discover. Understand.